It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Happy September! You kids going back to school? Hahaha sucks to be you~

Things are finally calming down around here... well, soon. I've got 40 hours for the next two weeks at the bank but after that I go down to 25 and then 20. So then there's the theater which y'know normally isn't that big of a deal anyway but my one manager told me she's trying to get a new job which would leave her position open and I... think I might hate myself enough to go for it... I mean, if she does get this mystery new job. We'll see how that goes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:03 am 
Mew

Hi! Glad things are calming down for you, Silver. Unless you'd rather have more hours and more money right now? Hopefully you'll be able to get a good balance sometime soon.

Things are mostly going well for me. Classes are good so far and I'm getting other stuff done too, if not always as fast as I want. Thought this week I decided to take a break from some side projects to devote extra time to video games due to Metal Gear Solid 5, which I just started today since I wanted to totally finish my FF TYpe-0 game first. And then Connie's coming in a couple weeks (just for a vacation, she won't get the fiancé visa until the end of the year at absolute earliest), so there's that to look forward to.

The one thing that's not going well is that MFA. Long story short, the university I applied to turned me down, which really caught me off guard considering my qualifications and that I can pay. I asked for a reason, got a not very good one, addressed that issue and did an appeal...which they also turned down. Still not entirely sure why. Either they only want highly skilled 3D artists in the program (never mind that they don't say that and 3D art isn't the focus of that degree track), or it's discrimination for some reason (I could think of a few possibilities). So yeah, gotta move to the next place on my list and start the process over. <.<

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:21 am 
Articuno

Hi Guys,

Long time no see. Just wanted to let you know I'm going to Germany tonight so I won't be a round for a while (i've been here but lurking again). See you all in a week!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:10 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Oook, now that I've got a sec... hi guys! If there's... anybody. No posts for the entire month of November, it looks like! That's, uh... that's a new record. But ok. Yeah. So here's what I've been up to:

-Still workin' 40 hour weeks at the bank. That is still a thing that is happening.

-Still workin' 2o hour weeks at the theater. That is also still a thing that is happening.

-Good friend of mine got a real big grown up job in Florida, and is moving away at the start of the year so we're tryina like hang out and stuff before then.

-Got hired to write an 8 page paper for someone.

-Car shopping??? Between Colly and I we had two cars, Carlton the Cavalier and Vlad the Impala, and now Carlton is dead... Colly was in an accident, and she was fine, and honestly so was the car! The mirror fell off and the passenger door was... pretty brutalized but he still ran same as he did before. Until a month and a half after the accident when he stopped running at all. Apparently the fuel line rotted out so he wasn't getting any gas, and to fix it you've got to rip off the whole side of the car and into the engine and... it would've been $1200 to fix it. The car was only worth $1800. On the topic of it being worth $1800 though, guess what we got from the insurance company from the accident? If you guessed $1800 you were right! Which is pretty crazy seeing as that's what I paid for him six years ago. He was, uh... he was kind of a POS. But I loved that little car and it's sad to see him go. Especially because only having one car reeeeeaaaally doesn't work out with our work schedules.

-...Also Rune Factory 4 went on sale on the eshop for Black Friday and I bought it and that was a mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:31 am 
Mew

Hi! Nice to hear from you! And see a post, for that matter. I do miss when this place was active, or even semi-active.

As for me, work is continuing as normal, though the semester ends in a couple days, so I'm almost on winter break. My contract is coming up for renewal in the spring, but so far my chances of getting renewed for another two years are looking good.

Meanwhile, I started an online MFA program just before Thanksgiving. It's creative writing, with a focus on writing for games and other media, from Full Sail. Honestly, I already know a lot of the material, and it's a ton of time and money that I don't really want to spend, but since my MS isn't "terminal" I need it if I want to stay on tenure track at the university where I work. -.- But hey, it's fiction writing, it could be fun and/or interesting. And it might be, but the first class definitely isn't. It's a generic sort of self-help / believe in yourself sort of thing. I never liked classes like that to begin with, and having to go through one now that I already have a master's is even worse. At least there's one more week of that left (Full Sail's program is one intense class per month).

Unfortunately, while I get a month of from work, I only get two weeks off from the MFA program so winter break will be a bit short. And I need to cram some class prep and wedding prep stuff into it so yeah. Speaking of the wedding, invitations will likely go out in a week or two. It one of those wedding prep things on my to-do list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:13 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Since it hasn't been said yet, Congrats on the wedding Josiah!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 pm 
Mew

Hi! Thanks! I'll post about it on PV tomorrow or Friday but yeah. The wedding itself went really well, as did the first half of the honeymoon, after which is had to be cut short since my grandma was really sick and I needed to fly to the east coast to visit her for a couple days (she passed away on Sunday). Had a nice last day in Phoenix though, followed by lots and lots of flight delays on the return yesterday. So yeah, it's been really up and down. But now Connie and I am back home and ready to catch up on lots and lots of stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:05 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Hiya! Congratulations on the wedding, Josiah! Though sorry to hear about your grandmother. You have my deepest sympathies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:30 pm 
Mew

Hi! Thanks, Puyon. My grandma was just short of 97, so she had a long life, though the whole thing was very sudden and unexpected.

But yeah, the wedding and honeymoon (and uninterrupted part, anyway) were great. Looking forward to sharing some pictures and the like.

Now if only things would calm down a bit back at home. I had already taken March off from my MFA classes due to the wedding and ended up taking April off too so I can spend more time on things related to that ongoing issue I've been mentioning for the last couple of months. I probably shouldn't go into detail here, but maybe in the private section if I feel like it, or people want to hear. Anyway, it's a pain and eats up a lot of time that I'd much rather be spending on other things like Aurora's Nightmare, gaming, etc. The big Hawaii anime convention is coming up next weekend though, so I've got that to look forward to.

As a side note, it's nice to see a little bit of activity around here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:26 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Hi! So, uh... how's everybody doing? I'm alive I guess, that's... about all I can say.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:56 pm 
Mew

Hi! I'm ok, I guess... Kinda depressed right now. As previously mentioned, I lost my job here through no fault of my own (see the Unrated Discussions section for more details). There's still a chance I could get it back, but the hearing for that isn't until the end of July and I can't really afford to just wait around and hope for good result. Unfortunately, there really isn't much work in my field here so that means mostly applying to mainland jobs. There's pros and cons there, but I really like it here and like my job. The thought of leaving after only two years, and not even that in my very own house, which I put a lot of time and effort into, is kind of depressing. I did get a job offer today from a university I'd been interviewing with, but it wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped (in many ways, it's a step backwards) so now I'm debating whether or not to accept it or turn it down and risk getting stuck without a job for who knows how long. And, on top of that, Connie's been pretty sick for the past couple of weeks. So yeah... I've had a bit of fun with my mom and some family friends visiting, but things really aren't that great right now over all.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it looks like the job offer is a decent bit better than I originally thought. Still not ideal, but not bad either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:59 pm 
Gym Leader

I hope things turn up for you, Josiah.

I too am alive.

I accidentally stumbled upon Doodleshark's youtube channel and got nostalgia and came back. But now I need to sleep and then do more research.

See you again in a year. Happy birthday everyone. Congratulations to the people who have gotten wed, Josiah, others yet to be mentioned? My condolences, Josiah. And I hope to be graduated in one year and get to pretend to have free time again... Before getting a job again.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:33 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Hey everyone, How are you all?

I'm sorry to hear about your job Josiah...in other news, I got a job myself as a cashier at Mcdonald's. Saving money and being responsible, woo!

I also am in the process of investing 1000 dollars for 5 percent of a friend's business. Look at me being a savvy investor!

Anyways, glad to check in :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 am 
Gym Leader

Heyo, heyo!

I haven't visited this board in four years, last posted in eight years. It's a wonder it popped into my head. It's so cool that this comic is still going strong even if I ended up not keeping up with it. Cheers, even though Josiah and Silver may be the only active members I recognize. Congratulations on your wedding! Hopefully your fortune changes. And Silver, hope you found sufficient balance in your life. I understand the horrors of working multiple jobs.

I still remember to post in blue, at least. :wave:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:24 pm 
Mew

Hi! Nice to see you, PM.

I'm in Virginia now in my new apartment, minus furniture and most off my stuff, which will hopefully show up in a week or two but I haven't been given any dates yet. I miss chairs...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502  Next