It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1495, 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:09 pm 
Mew

Hi! Got back from China yesterday, so I'm currently just catching up on things. It was cool trip (full details in the travelogue) and, as mentioned in my previous post, Connie and I got engaged :blush:

At this point, I've got a month left until Fall semester, so I want to try and put a lot of time in Aurora's Nightmare and catching up on video games (Type-0, Splatoon, etc.). But first, fiancée visa paperwork. While I'm not at all in support of illegal immigration, the legal way of doing thing could use an overhaul...

Hope things aren't too ridiculous for you, Silver. That schedule sounds horrible...

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 am 
Articuno

Congratulations on the engagement by the way! Hope all goes well with immigration

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm 
Mew

Hi! The paperwork itself doesn't seem too difficult (I should be able to get it mostly finished by the end of the day), but the timeline is annoying. Basically, after I get everything submitted (probably early next week, since Connie needs to sign a couple things and mail them to me first), it could take anywhere from 4 - 10 months before it gets processed (assuming everything goes smoothly) and she can interview and hopefully get the visa. Makes it hard to plan much of anything...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:26 am 
Articuno

wow the forums are a little quiet at the moment. Oh well never mind. I'm excited about Fallout 4, actually getting a Ps4 to play it. I finally got around to seeing Inside Out on Tuesday, what a great movie.

Anyone seen Ant Man yet? is it worth a watch. Also thinking og seeing Pixels, that any good?

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:35 pm 
Mew

Hi! Yeah... Things are pretty dead right now. Silver is probably really busy with his two jobs, not sure about everyone else.

I saw Ant Man the other day. It's pretty good and a nice change of pace from the other more epic Marvel movies, so I'd recommend it. Pixels... Well, I never liked Adam Sandler much to begin with, so I was torn about whether or not to see it. I've checked out some reviews and the best thing they have to say is that it's not terrible, which is nice but hardly an endorsement (none of them said it was good either), so I'm probably going to skip it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:44 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I am in fact very busy between two jobs. I miss sleeping

Also Pixels looks completely awful, like obviously it's not worth the 11.50 for the ticket but in my case it would be free so

It's not worth the hour and a half of my life I'd have to waste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:54 pm 
Mew

Hi! Yeah, I'd agree with that. While it's nice to see video games infusing pop-culture more and more, that doesn't mean everything involve video games is worth our time. I mean, that's an hour and a half that could be spent playing video games :-P

On that note, I am so far behind on games this year... I mean, I still haven't finished FF Type-0 or Bayonetta 2, and they're only the tip of the iceberg. -.-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 am 
Articuno

Right right, So I guess I'm going to see Ant-Man this week LOL

I get half price cinema tickets every week, so I think I will give Pixels a shot but later in the month. I'll admit I haven't seen a bad review, but not a good one either. It looks like it is worth a laugh, even if it is a cheap one.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:36 pm 
Mew

Hi! I'll probably go see the new DBZ movie later this week, since it's getting a limited theatrical run here. But the next big movie I'll probably see is Mission Impossible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I'm around, just don't add unless I got something to say really. As for upcoming movies, I don't really have the inclination to see too many things in the theaters these days. The last thing I saw in the movie theaters I believe was The Imitation Game, which was a very good film.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:14 am 
Gym Leader

Hi everybody! I hope all that paperwork goes through smoothly, I'm happy for you two. I'm actually thinking I should go see the DBZ movie run myself, looks fun, I might drag a friend to it too.

So one of my dogs is diabetic and has slowly been going blind, and he's taking more care, I'm not sure how long we can keep him.I've been helping to take care of my niece and nephew more often, and trying to find a new job is proving difficult, I'm hoping to get an interview within the week. Game wise I've been playing The Guild of Dungeoneering lately, and that's fun. Also, I figured out a few weeks ago I'm trans, and my dad's view on trans and gay people can be a bit... Limited, to say the least, so I have to figure out a way to deal with that.

And that's my life lately.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 am 
Articuno

Quote:
The last thing I saw in the movie theaters I believe was The Imitation Game, which was a very good film.

OMG that is such a good movie! I loved it

Quote:
So one of my dogs is diabetic and has slowly been going blind

Wow sorry to hear that, that sucks. I remember when my old dog kept collapsing due to her hips going. Its awful when a pet is ill

Quote:
I figured out a few weeks ago I'm trans, and my dad's view on trans and gay people can be a bit... Limited

Obviously I don't know your Dad, So I can't say for sure, but you might find that his opinions change when they relate directly to you, so you never know how he will react. He might surprise you and be supportive.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:56 pm 
Mew

Hi! Currently having issues with an application for an online MFA degree program. You'd think universities would be more than eager to admit a paying student (especially a highly qualified one), but it seems that's not always the case. Hasn't done much to raise my excitement over the prospect of sinking a bunch of time and money into another degree that's pretty much the same as my current one other than a couple of letters in the title... -.-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:28 pm 
Gym Leader

So I came out as trans to my family, and my dad mostly refused to believe it, and made a big point of how I would apparently be ugly as a female, and all around he just thinks I said it to be contrary. So that's... Pleasant. -.-

My mom was a bit more accepting of it, though she still has trouble believing it.

Hey, at least I didn't get kicked out of the house, that's something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:55 am 
Articuno

Sorry things went bad for you....at least the worst part is over, telling is the hardest thing.

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1495, 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502  Next