It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:07 pm 
Combusken

I don't like knowing all this stuff i know.

for example, i was sitting in class the other day when the professor asked something out of the blue. I was the only one who knew it. I answered and all the hot girls were looking at me as if i were a freak. from that, i have gathered that i won't be able to get a chance to date any of them. all because of all the stuff i know in my mind.

If i was dumber, and new less, i would have a happier life.
that's what burns me, knowing too much useless stuff, and not being able to get a date.

T_T I hate my life................

please check me out, i'm desperate!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

If you want to be dumber, you're already an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:26 pm 
Combusken

but i WANT to be an idiot! at least they get the girls.

please check me out, i'm desperate!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm 
Pokémon Master

You know what they say, ignorance is bliss. But you wouldn't happen to live somewhere in the south, like Kentucky or Arkansas, would you?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:58 pm 
Mew

If girld are attracted to dumb guys, then they're not the type of girls worth hanging out with.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I actually know a lot of girls that would rather date/hang out with intellectual guys rather then dim-witted ones...

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Trust me Zoras, I sometimes feel the same way, but i take it in stride, and just go on with my life, and I also have another disadvantage for getting girls to date me, I am completely oblivious!

The most recent time was during the last week of actual school before exam time, I was in drama class, saying my monologue, (which was Fortress, and I was the first person in 18 years to get it memorized, it was a whole 3 pages for me to say in front of the whole class, talk about nervewrecking, not just nervewracking, nervewrecking, but anyways...), what i didn't know was that a girl in my drama class, Jenna, was trying to capture my attention, during my pratice, but it blew over my head like a jet plane. in fact, I didn't even know she had looked near me, but at me, and I had no idea! My friends actually had to tell me outright for me to even realize i had been oblivious, but thankfully, they were nice, and told me after the glow of a really good job on my monologue. I couldn't believe it, but what could I do? I just moved on, but not before giving myself a big mental kick in the pants fro being such a idiot.

So trust me Zoras, just being smart is no disadvantage, being oblivious is. So you have got a lot of brains, good for you. I got my good share of brains, now i just need to get them to actually pay attention on life, not just books, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:22 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Really, are people worth it if they only like you because of your lack of intelligence? Those really aren't the kind of people who should matter. But, then again, I'm the type of kid who's content with friends and has no need for a boyfriend, so I'm not too sure how much my opinion counts. I've also never really cared about apperances, so there's that, too. Knowing stuff is the important stuff in the world... People trying to get a job don't try to make themselves look dumber than they are, do they?

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

I have to agree with everybody. Sorry Zoras.

Trust me, though. More than half of all relationships I see don't even last a month. These people who lack the intelligence will often get themselves in trouble while in the relationship, usually in his/her own personal life. In fact, most relationships I know of aren't even true. Football jocks, sure they can get any girl in the world they want, but is it for the popularity or is it for the love? Don't worry, I've only dated one girl before, and even then I wouldn't call it much of a relationship because it was more like a really close friendship. Sure, there's that pressure from everybody else who's in a relationship, but eventually you'll realize there will be a woman out there chosen just for you, Zoras.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:34 am 
Gym Leader

Maybe now all those girls care about are guys with looks. But once you get older, most girls want a boyfriend who has brains. It's pretty difficult to have a conversation with someone whose dumb, unless you're looking for a laugh. (Sorry maybe I've been watching to much of the Big Bang Theory, but I do find people with less intellegance amusing) Sure they can be really nice people or good looking which can be great, but when it comes to relationships thats generally not enough to make it a meaningful lasting one.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:15 pm 
Blaziken

You know what I can rant about endlessly? Competitive battling circuits. Why do they exist? Thousands of people who have decided the only way to play a kids' game is to savescum until they have a "perfect" team. Here's my way of playing Pokémon: JUST PLAY IT. It's a kids' game, for crying out loud, how about playing it through and just having fun with it? Pokémon isn't an equation to solve. Ranting done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:21 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Or man. WS. There could be a man out there chosen just for him. Zoras may, in fact, be gay and not even know it yet.

Just putting that out there.

And Blivsey, I'll agree with you about battle circles... to a point at least. I think the competitive battling aspect of Pokemon is interesting, it's cool to see all the strategies that are out there and just how deep the battle system of this "kids game" really is. However... people that only care about the competitive battling and don't otherwise enjoy the game really irritate me. I know one guy that goes through these games in a matter of days with no concern for his team or the story or anything... he only plays to get to the point he can EV train so he can battle online. HG/SS had absolutely no nostalgic value, just an easy way to get a free Choice Scarf and a Feraligatr... That makes me angry. Pokemon isn't just competitive battles. And "Gotta Catch 'Em All" Doesn't just refer to the Overused Tier... Competitive battles add a lot to the length and depth of the Pokemon games, but it's not the only thing that matters. People that treat them like that shouldn't be playing them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:33 pm 
Blaziken

Never complained about strategy. Deep strategic measures are gold to me, strategy is awesome. I just can't stand the people who suck all the fun out of the game. Other than that, all the above is for truth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm 
Mew

Silver wrote:
Or man. WS. There could be a man out there chosen just for him. Zoras may, in fact, be gay and not even know it yet.

Do we really have to go there?

As far as competitive battling goes, I pretty much agree with Silver. There's nothing wrong with it...unless you become an obsessed elitist and think that's the only proper way to play or enjoy the game. I've spent a lot of time forming my Pokémon battle team and I like fighting other people, though I never got crazy about getting the perfect natures and EV spread. It's too time consuming and in many cases I don't think getting 30 extra points in one stat is going to be the deciding factor in a battle. "Serious" competitive players in any game are like that. In Smash Brothers, for example, your serious compeitive guys are very elitist and pretty much refuse to play the game with items, only use a couple of stages, and stick with a handful of characters because otherwise there's a little randomness in the mix, never mind that all that stuff is what makes things more fun and interesting. And they'll go on an on about how you're not really a good player if you don't play the same way they do...

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 pm 
Pokémon Master

Uncalled for, Silver.

I completely agree with you three on competitive battling. The whole reason I quit Pokemon was because of those elitists who always took the game way too seriously. I don't even want to mention my experience back on Smogon... Enough said.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next