It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Japan Vacation Contest
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 pm 
Mew

I thought a lot of you guys would be interested in this.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm 
Blaziken

This is still around?

Oh, it's so tempting...
I mean, the reason I haven't entered it yet is because I still don't know which itinerary to pick.
Being an otaku, one would naturally choose "pop culture", and while I'd love to do that, it feels like a waste compared to the others, like "heritage" and "modern art".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:03 pm 
Pokémon Master

Well, I'm not entering since I've been twice already. However, hopefully one of you do get the chance to win!

It just better not be one of those tours where you get limited time in the area and the bus will possibly leave without you. Happened with friends who went to Europe. *cough* And do take your time in choosing, Colly! While pop culture is an excellent choice, the rest of the itineraries are amazing, too. (My favorites being indulgence and gourmet.)

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 am 
Mew

I ended up entering for indulgence. Pop-Culture is a pretty good itinerary (they even include Nakano Broadway), but I can easily do all that stuff myself without a tour. I've already seen pretty much everything on heritage, and modern art and adventure don't interest me (not a big fan of modern art and if I want to learn to ski / snowboard, I can do that in Colorado). Gourmet was tempting, but I might run into a lot of things I can't eat. Indulgence looks fun and includes resorts that I probably wouldn't visit on my own due to cost and/or the difficulty of getting a reservation.

I'll note that, if you win, it probably wouldn't be too hard to extend the length of your trip and go off by yourself once the tour is over (provided you can pay for your own hotel, transportation, etc). That's probably what I'll do in the unlikely chance that I win. Go on the tour and then lengthen it into that summer Japan trip I was already planning.

As a note, I would still totally be up for hosting a Pebble Version Japan tour somtime provided enough of you guys are interested and can pay your way (I'd run the tour for free, but I can't afford to give away free tour packages like these guys).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 am 
Gym Leader

If only I could enter. Ah must continue saving money. Don't think we'll make it to Japan for awhile though, since we plan on buying a house. As such is life.

And yes, still interested in a japan pebble version tour, hubby would be coming though. . . heh hubby, still getting used to that.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:57 pm 
Random Trainer

Dang I missed it. Do they have one every year?

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:05 am 
Mew

I think this was the first time, but they may run it again in the future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]