It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:03 pm 
Mew

Since no one started one of these threads yet, here we go. Actually, it's kinda ironic for me to start it seeing as I don't celebrate Christmas but there's Chanukah and my birthday right around that time so...

My brother got me the collectors edition of Alan Wake to play on my new 360 (the 360, however, wasn't a present, I bought for it). Everyone else just gave me money, which I used to buy the following:
Steambot Chronicles for the PS2 (not an old game you come across very often, so I grabbed it when I saw it)
A Japanese PSN card (so I could finally get Project Diva Dreamy Theater 2nd)
Wild Arms 4 Soundtrack
Kanon DVD Boxset
Axis Powers Hetalia Season 1 Boxset
Genshiken Season 1 Boxset
Get Smart Season 5 Boxset
A bunch of XBLA points (which were in turn used on some XBLA games and DLC)

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:16 pm 
Blaziken

Finally got a replacement Wii! My old Wii wasn't broken per se, but it wasn't reading game discs anymore. So now I have a blue Wii. Unfortunately, the blue Wii doesn't have GC ports, but it's a price to pay. (We have a friend code topic somewhere, right?)

Other than that, it's notable that I got a Mario series piano book. I've taken lessons for 11 years now, so this is awesome. The water theme from 64 is absolutely beautiful when arranged for piano.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I didn't get too much this year, but the presents that I did get, I love. My presents this year included:

- A little waffle iron
- Pajama bottoms
- Amazingly soft slippers
- A Sketch book
- Catch-22
- $160 worth of iTunes gift cards
- About $150 in cash
And probably a few other things that I have forgotten at this time.

...Oh, and I got a cold that lasted a week and a half. Yeah, that was really fun...

EDIT: I just discovered a surprise late gift in the mail! I can barely believe my mom actually got this for me! It's a scarf that's just like the 4th Doctor's! It has the same colors, and everything, including the most important part of his scarf: It's insanely long! I've never been this happy...except maybe five years when I got my own computer, but still, this is completely rad!! Woo!

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:18 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Blivsey wrote:
Other than that, it's notable that I got a Mario series piano book. I've taken lessons for 11 years now, so this is awesome. The water theme from 64 is absolutely beautiful when arranged for piano.

WHOAAA THEY HAVE A BOOK!? I've been playing fan arrangements for years... I WANT A BOOK!!

Lessie... I got

--Some flannel shirts (YAY FLANNEL)
--Some scarves (one of which is a Ravenclaw scarf made in the original blue/bronze book colours WHEEEE!! Ravenclaw <3 )
--Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
--Pocketwatch (THAT I LOVE SO SO SO SO MUCH IT'S A REEEEAL POCKETWATCH THAT NEEDS TO BE WOUND DAILY LIKE A REAL POCKETWATCH SHOULD)
--Next to Normal soundtrack
--iTunes gift cards
--Avenue Q sheet music
--Music writing software
--Music editing software (it's actually Tango's, but I play around with it more :P )
--MONEY
--Tennis racket!
--Math Jokes 4 Mathy Folks (a book of math jokes that I love)
--Boots! (Hardcore boots made for surviving college next year!)
--New trumpet mute YAY
--Another xkcd shirt (to add to my collection from last year!)

Aaaand assorted other smaller stuff, but I was really happy (even though I didn't get Skyward Sword despite the fact that it was on the top of my list BUT THAT'S WHAT CHRISTMAS MONEY IS FOR). Been wearing my Ravenclaw scarf and my pocketwatch and my flannel shirts like a boss. Awww yeee.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm 
Pokémon Master

I gotz a bass! I've been jamming on it these past couple days, hoping to learn "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen. What else I got was some Best Buy money and gift cards for other stuff. But my amazingly sexy new bass... Need I say more? Okay, I'll go ahead and say it.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:19 pm 
Blaziken

Saber Knight wrote:
Blivsey wrote:

WHOAAA THEY HAVE A BOOK!? I've been playing fan arrangements for years... I WANT A BOOK!!

Check it. There's a beginners' version, but I bet you're better than that.

And speaking of that water theme, it's passed my piano teacher's inspection and is now part of my repertoire. As in, she decided to add a video game theme to my performance list this year. Transposed to two different keys, no less.

edit: would be much more useful if that was actually a url, huh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:12 pm 
Random Trainer

WAT. AWESHUM PIANO BOOK.

Hmm. I got the six Toa Nuva from Bionicle (2002/2003), got StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty, and I got a kindle.

I was most amazed by the kindle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]