It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:24 pm 
Random Trainer

;-) Well sense she smart cute and nice why hold back. What you might want to do is write a letter explaining how you feel about here. See some girls like guys and some girls don't,but when being asked out they like to keep it hush hush mostly. So by writing your note to her you can express your feelings to her without either of you being pressured to hold back.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Now see, I would... advise against writing a letter. Extremely. That's like the pansy way to do it. No, of course you don't want to make a scene about it, but it's always better to do that sort of thing face to face. I would also advise not just rushing in. My advice? Try just asking her if she wants to hang out with you. If she does, then you get to spend some time together. If she rejects you on that, well... it's a pretty good indication that writing that letter would only have embarrassed the both of you. It's a way to test the waters, so to speak, and possibly just get closer to her as a friend. That's always the first step, by the way. Relationships don't work of they're just, "I like you! Go out with me!" The good ones come from close friendships where it eventually just seems wrong that you're not together. Speaking from experience, anyway. And I'm getting the impression that if you even have a hard time approaching her, a random confession isn't going to work so well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 am 
Pokémon Master

Silver wrote:
Now see, I would... advise against writing a letter. Extremely. That's like the pansy way to do it.

...yes, that's almost like asking a friend to do it. Gotta do it right or not at all, I think.

And that's where my problem is, I'm extremely shy. No use in delaying it, I suppose. Doing it tomorrow.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:26 pm 
Random Trainer

Yeah, I was shy and missed out on some good opportunities back in high school :drop2: Definitely approaching is the way to do it. This is kinda corny but try to pep talk yourself or something beforehand, it'll go a lot better if you seem confident (even if you're really not).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm 
Pokémon Master

Thanks, Silver. I completely agree on the letter part. My friend got rejected twice just sending a letter to two girls, and I can say it's definitely not the best way to get a girl.

Shyness can be overcome easily, Cheez. Like I said, we all have a fear of rejection every now and then. We shouldn't fear rejection too much, whether it be boyfriend/girlfriend relationships or just simple friendships. A little add-on to what Silver said, he's right on relationships aren't like "come and go," since they need to be worked on over time. Start by becoming her friend. But not just any friend, you need to become close friends with this person, so if any kind of relationship gets complicated, you can still remain friends at the least. Even if it's only a small date to the school dance or something smaller, don't just date people who walk past you in the hallway. A crush starts with one thing, flirting is optional, but what I do when I get dates is to find a good friend of mine to begin a relationship with.

Btw, since I'm really not good with relationship help... (Plus, I don't really want to do it due to personal issues.) Does anybody want to become a partner with me in this help-center dealing with JUST RELATIONSHIP problems?

Hope this helps, Cheez. :)

(Edited first post in this thread, please read everybody.)

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:30 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I think the way it's going currently isn't so bad. It's mostly just free-for-all advice giving on those issues, which I think is better than limiting to just one person's perspective. If only kako gave Cheese advice, all he'd get was the letter idea which isn't necessarily the best idea. But if only I was allowed to give advice and the situation was better suited to the letter thing, then what? I'd say to man up and do it face to face anyway. Balance is a good thing. Advice isn't telling someone what to do, it's more of a suggestion, you know? So getting more than one suggestion is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm 
Random Trainer

;-) I agree you could get advice from 20 people and do something that non of them said some of it might work some of what they said might not,but in the end its your call.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:22 pm 
Pokémon Master

It's not like I'm upset so many people are giving their own advice. Some of the posts in here are just irrelevant comments and they're not asking for help nor are they giving advice. I want to limit the amount of that stuff, so I was only thinking just be more careful with what we post before somebody posts it. Of course, even if I don't have the kind of advice to give, I'll need everyone's help. I'll just be here to give my own advice and to ask the customer whether they're satisfied or not.

That being said, anybody need some help? ;-)

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:45 pm 
Random Trainer

I must admit, I feel pathetic. My hiatus has more or less destroyed my reputation. Any advice on how to be better? ((Please. I'm really begging you.))

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 pm 
Pokémon Master

No problem, Pikachu. But first of all, I need to know, how exactly is it affecting your reputation?

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:00 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

You want advice on how to be a good forum member? Ok, let me have a go at it.

First off, don't just post for the sake of posting. GOD. People will not like you or respect you just because you have a high post count. People will not like you or respect you just because you post in the threads of the highest interest. Actually contribute to the discussion or don't say anything. There is nothing wrong with lurking. On which note...

LURK MOAR. Read posts. Follow what's going on so that you don't ask stupid questions that were already answered. It'll also help you understand the flow of the forums... you know, like that two days is not a hiatus. You don't have to, like, read through all thousand pages of the Saying Hi Thread or anything, but at least the recent posts in discussions you plan to contribute to. You know how you're told to Think before you speak? Well, same thing applies here. Read before you post.

Not a problem for you, per se, but grammar is important, of course. It makes you easier to understand, and... well, just makes you seem smarter. This is going out to everyone, though for the most part I'm proud of the forum's overall current grammar level.

As for the hiatus thing... It was just completely pointless. For the record, I do look forward to hiatuses from people that annoy me... not because I wish you'd leave, but because usually, by the time you come back you've grown up a bit. It usually relates to lurking as well... WS here is actually a good example. A little time away and a name change, and now I can stand talking to him for more than five minutes. Such was not always the case. So when your "hiatus" lasted for about 6 hours before you came crawling back, it just seemed stupid. Definitely like a cry for attention. You wanted us to miss you. That's not how it works. Just saying you're going to leave and not backing it up is not going to get you a reaction like, "I'm so glad you didn't leave!" it gets, "What was the point of that? Idiot." No, you can't take it back now. You can't have all those posts deleted and pretend like it never happened, so don't even think about it.

Still, you can just start over. Forget about it, don't let it bother you, it's in the past now. When you've grown as a conversationalist, we'll look back and laugh, like I do at half the stuff I posted way back when. From now on, just try to make good, memorable posts. The only way to improve your reputation is to try to advance as a contributor and not run away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:19 pm 
Pokémon Master

That reminds me, Silver. Can I ask you permission to please delete that thread? It brings back too many bad memories. Plus, I'm not even a fan of anime or toku anymore.

Also, Pikachu, Josiah even agreed that you were acting like me back in the day. I got a warning from Josiah because I was acting like a fool for a while. I developed hiatus, and left for about six months and came back. Like Silver said, we're actually getting along a lot better than we used to. In fact, one of the reasons I made this one particular thread is so that other members wouldn't make the same mistakes I did, which seems like what you're doing right now. We can understand your randomness but you take it too far more than half the time. It's not funny, at all.

I'm gonna say this out loud, but Pikachu, you need to stop holding grudges against the administration, especially Josiah and Silver. In about 30% of all your posts, it either has to do with taunting Josiah or insulting Silver. What the crap is up with that? There was a time where I didn't like either one of them, but all you need to do is compromise a little bit and eventually you will learn to get along with others on the forum.

The thread I'm most concerned with is the "Ask the Cast" thread. Josiah already said once, you can't try to pick fights or mock with fictional characters. Yet, it seems like you still are. If you're trying to make him laugh or us laugh, then you didn't do it successfully. If you want to be more popular in the forums, be more creative and post funny pictures like Doodle does, or make up some awesome roleplays like Kaida, Mandi, and Saber.

Take mine and Silver's advice. Ta ta.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm 
Mew

I've already talked to pikachu a bit about this via PM but I just wanted to say that I agree with Silver and Metal. And I also want to second what Silver said about Metal (aka WS) as well. He used to really get on my nerves but ever since he returned and changed names he's been good forum member and I haven't had any complaints about him. So yeah, reputations can improve drastically provided you work at it and take advice from others.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:48 pm 
Random Trainer

I don't raise my post count just for the heck of it, but I see where you're going. Thanks anyways. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:45 pm 
Pokémon Master

This seems to be a case closed, by now. Thanks to me, Josiah, and Silver.

Anybody else need help? ;-)

Trophy Case:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next