It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm 
Mew

Personally, I think the company that makes Milky Way candy bars spent a small fortune on the galaxy's naming rights as part of a major promotional campaign a long time ago.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:43 pm 
Gym Leader

Silver, once again, you are very, very awesome! How do you do that >.<. I think my creativity chip was fried by the virus...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 pm 
Pokémon Master

Revival, biznatches. Daylight savings time -- why are they saving it and where do they keep it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 pm 
Mew

I normally do the questions here (and was actually considering a revival of my own), but that's a good question so I'll let it slide this time.

The answer is simple. The government is collecting the saved daylight and storing it until they have enough to form a second sun which they can use as a backup in case something ever happens to the regular sun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:44 pm 
Gym Leader

The sun people are stealing little bits of the sun with which they are storing in the 'moon' so that is glows at night, when the 'moon' is 'full' is shines very bright but then slowly deplete over the course of a 'moon-th' or 'month' there by causing it to form a crescent shape in the night sky until it is completely empty, then the sun people start storing it again.

That is what daylight savings time means.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:26 am 
Gym Leader

No no no, you've got it all wrong. You see, when the world was young, the sun would disappear completely for the winter months. This is why there were so many ice ages, it's hard to heat the earth for only half a year. When people came along, they decided that the wouldn't stand for it no more. They set up a Sun Storing Device™ on the north pole using a large chunk of ice, some selenium crystals, a rubber band, tinfoil, chewing gum, and a ham on rye. Every year, sunlight is stored in this amazing work of human ingenuity, and then it is projected back during the winter by bouncing the light off the Ozone layer. This isn't a perfect device, so the winters still get colder, but it's obviously working. The device gets really hot from all the stored sunlight, so it was necessary to stick it somewhere very cold, and no one liked Antarctica back then (times have changed). We're now seeing that the device is using up its cold supply too quickly as the glaciers and ice flows melt, and soon the world will be in darkness again, at least for half a year, if the North pole keeps warming up. The inventor of this device was forever celebrated, and even got a show based off him, MacGyver.

There you go, global warming, daylight savings, and a ham on rye hold the mustard. Would you like fries with that?

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:19 am 
Pokémon Master

Daylight savings time probably isn't that complex while it got the name. It could've meant that the daylight "in the saving" during standard time is now all given out during daylight savings. But the obvious thing is that the northern hemisphere Earth tilts away from the sun during standard. Summer solstice June 21st and Winter solstice December 21st.

The longest day and the darkest days on the Earth, aka.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:53 am 
Gym Leader

No no no, you're doing it wrong, this is serious thread. Serious as in LolCats serious, not science serious. Not even Sirius Black serious. Seriously.
Attachment:
Seriuz.gif

Sorry, I just felt like doing that.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:48 pm 
Mew

Let's try and get this thread going again. Our next topic of discussion? How did the phrase, it's raining cats and dogs originate?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:33 am 
Gym Leader

One day, a little Scottish man was bored, so he designed this strange device, that when used, caused it to rain so hard that it broke through houses and buildings, caused craters in roads and huge geysers of water in lakes upon impact. After the rain had ceased, people would crawl out from the remains of the wreckage of the city to find the place covered in hundreds of thousands of cats and dogs!

And that's where the phrase originated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 pm 
Mew

Let's give another shot at bringing this back by tackling an all important issue. What is the absolute best way (ingredients and method) to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Best ingredients: Smooth peanut butter and blackberry jam.

Best method: Spread a good helping of peanut butter on both bread slices, spread out your jam evenly on one piece, stick the two bread slices together, and you're done. The peanut butter will hold the jam in so it doesn't make the bread soggy. So many people forget this and end up with soggy bread. Nobody likes soggy bread. Nobody.

Seriously.

(Also, jam rulz. jelly suckzorz)

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:46 pm 
Gym Leader

You take peanut butter and jelly, mix them in a bowl, spread the combination evenly on two slices of bread, put them together, bite the crust off, and enjoy the sandwhich. You bite the crust off because it's good for you, but you don't want it interfering with the delicious part of the sandwhich.

Also, Mayhaw jelly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Eat a spoonful of Peanut butter, then a spoonful of jelly, then a piece of bread. All of the deliciousness*, none of the mess!

*Does not actually contain all deliciousness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Mew

But Silver, unless you're going to be eating at home, you're going to have to carry a bunch of bottles and spoons around.

I'm going to argue for crunchy peanut butter. That extra crunch enhances the texture of the sandwich. Sliced bananas are another must have ingredient if you're going for the ultimate PB&J. The jelly type can be left to personal taste, though I'd recommend blueberry (with whole blueberries). And, for the finishing touch, use raisin bread for a bit of extra sweetness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next