It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 pm 
Pokémon Master

'Kay.

How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol Hordes were bored?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:34 pm 
Gym Leader

...no.. >.> how about how many pokemon would a pokemon poke if a pokemon could poke 'mon' (man, with a Jamaican accent XD)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:03 am 
Mew

A new issue? Well, how about we have a "serious" discussion on why people drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 am 
Pokémon Master

uh...everyone likes to break rules inherent in names?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 pm 
Gym Leader

*face-palm* i should have known that would come up XD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:52 pm 
Mew

I think it's time to try reviving this. Today's topic, the moon. Is it really made out of cheese? If so, what kind of cheese? Why do people think it's made of cheese anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:26 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Did you really fall for that myth? Honestly. I hate it when people say the moon is made of cheese. It looks nothing like cheese! Who created that idea, anyway? Why would there be cheese in space? Are you gonna tell me there's a giant space cow floating around somewhere? And that's how the "Milky Way" got there, too? Well I'll have none of it! I'll tell you how the moon really came to be.

One day, Paul Bunyan was out in space, playing with his friends the Giant Aliens. He left his giant Blue Ox (not cow, so no cheese) at home, because someone has to keep the lumberjacks in line. The aliens were feeling bored, so they challenged Paul to a sports contest. Unfortunately, the aliens didn't know any lumberjack games because there were no trees on their planet, nor did they even know any normal sports like baseball because they're weird. So, they offered to teach Paul a new game, on that could only be played in space. They called it "Ga'ulph." Paul played their space-sport and loved it so much, he wanted to try to play it with his lumberjack friends back home. Unfortunately, when he tried to bring a Ga'ulph Ball back home with him, he found it was much to big to enter the earth's atmoshpere and so he had to leave it out there. He decided to down-scale it and take out all the anti-gravity parts of the game so that it could be played on earth. All the lumberjacks loved it, including his good friend from the Woods, Tiger. When he told them about all the trouble he had getting Ga'ulph to work on earth and how he had to leave a Ga'uplh Ball out in space because it was too big, they thought it was amazing and decided to call it the ... moon. For some reason.

Anyway, there you have it. The story of how the moon is a Giant Golf ball and Golf was invented by aliens. Totally true.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 am 
Mew

Well, I got to say that your story makes at least as much sense as the moon being made of cheese. ;-D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm 
Random Trainer

Silver, you're my new hero. That is the best story explaining the moon I think I've ever heard. I'm a university science major and I approve of that message!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm 
Random Trainer

That's so win, Silver. x3

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:58 pm 
Random Trainer

When I was little I thought the moon was made out of dough because the bunnies on the moon needed the dough to make there moon pies that they gave to people. ;-)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 pm 
Mew

Silver's answer was so awesome it kinda rendered any additional discussion on the subject unneccessary. So it's time for the next question. In the same vein, what's so milky about the Milky Way? Does it have real milk? If so, where does the milk come from? If not, why the name?

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:50 pm 
Random Trainer

The milky way is called that cause thats all that is left after the space cow home of 1877. It no longer as milk.It just has that name so we don't forget the space cows.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:32 am 
Gym Leader

That was l33t Silver xD. I think they call it they Milky Way because it was either a milky-colored hazard in the game of Ga'ulph, or, that is is where the 'milkyway' candy bars were discovered.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:54 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

It was named after the candy bar, of course. Galileo was drunk one night with some of his philosopher buddies and they were just looking at the stars and then he said, "Doesn't that big ol'... thing there look like a candy bar? You know, with all the caramel and creamy stuff... and like, coated in the chocolate that is deep space?" And then his buddy said, "You mean Milky Ways? Oh dude, they're, like, my fave!" And then Galileo said, "I think we should call that the Milky Way. In honor of... candy."

And so it's the Milky Way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next