It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:05 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Oh, no, the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich is the simplest, of course. Bread, smooth peanut butter, grape jelly, nothing else. Perfection and simplicity.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I hope I'm not the only one who prefers jam over jelly around here.

Also, I normally use plain old white bread, though whole wheat isn't that bad either.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:16 pm 
Mew

Whole wheat bread beats white any day, there's more flavor to it. As for jam vs. jelly, it really depends on the type.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:09 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I always eat Peanut Butter and Jelly at home. It is a deeply emotional experience and I need adequate time to reflect afterwards.

Also, I disagree with whole wheat whole heartedly. For any other kind of sandwich, perhaps that's the case, but Peanut Butter and Jelly? Absolutely not! Wheat bread is too dry, and when combined with peanut butter... it's impossible! You'd need to taint the whole experience with... milk!

It must be white. Or raisin bread, with grape jelly. That one's good too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
Mew

Bah, if your whole wheat bread is getting too dry than you've got the wrong brand! Or you left your bread sitting out for too long. Or you're being haunted by dry bread spirits. You might want to contact your nearest exorcist just to be safe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:42 pm 
Gym Leader

The problem with whole wheat bread is that the texture interferes with the smooth deliciousness that is a PBJ sandwhich. Also, smooth Peanut Butter or bust. I've never had jam, so I don't know the difference. Also, your banana slices idea only works if the taste of the bananas is complementary to the taste of the jelly or jam. As far as raisin bread goes, I've never had it, but again, texture is important, so I probably don't want it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:19 pm 
Mew

Well, we got a pretty decent discussion going on that last question, so let's try a new one! Considering the season, what's the best drink to warm up with during the winter?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:45 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Hot chocolate is pretty good during the winter. With lots of milk of course, but not too much that it makes the hot chocolate into warm or lukewarm chocolate. That defeats then entire purpose of hot chocolate. If you don't want that, warm up the milk before hand and then add it.

...Or you can just drink the warm milk. Warm milk is another good drink to warm you up. Be careful though, it's been known to make people sleepy.

Also, tomato soup in a mug. Technically not a drink, but who cares about technicalities? It's liquid, it's warm, and it's delicious. And, you don't need to waste a spoon and bowl!

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Oh, I like that tomato soup in a cup idea...but I'd have to go with Hot Chocolate. Hot WHITE Chocolate is the best, of course.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 pm 
Mew

I'm a big fan of spiced cider (the non-alcoholic variety). It's warm, tastes good, and ties in with the apple harvest and all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 pm 
Mew

This thread is back! And to celebrate its revival we need a really good discussion topic like...no, that's no good. Maybe... Nope. Ugh, coming up with a topic is hard...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21