It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:13 pm 
Random Trainer

Something like that would be more suitable in the Art section, NG. So far, I think the implication of this thread is to post photos, not hand-drawn or even CGed images.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm 
Gym Leader

Ok, yea, so I took it down, but, I couldn't find a place to post mine in the art section, I didn't think making a new thread would be very good since I don't draw much, but I didn't see just a 'Random art' section, I think J. should make one and sticky it for the people who like to only draw a few pictures instead of making an entire thread for it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:27 pm 
Mew

Making your own art thread is fine, even if you don't plan on posting a lot in it. This thread however is specifically for posting pictures of yourself (or other forum members you know in real life).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:41 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I am displeased with you people. As are my zombie pants.

Visit my mini city!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Haircut, and new hats! :D

I hate how I look when I just sit there and smile at a camera... so... I enjoy looking away from the camera when taking photos of myself :P

Gotta love low-quality webcam pics :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:02 am 
Gym Leader

Oi you are pretty saber, haha.

A new-ish pic of my programmer... (I think he grew ;D)
Attachment:
Pic-20100126-004.jpg

and
Attachment:
Pic-20100126-005.jpg

He wants to know which is better, I have to say, they look exactly the same to me heh...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm 
Pokémon Master

You look like that one Russian figure skater. What's his name... Plushenko. Yeah, that's it.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:56 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Heyy, I'm bored, so you guyz gets a pic of me being wonderfully insane at DI!

So, I can't put a pic of me acting, 'cos we're not allowed to until the tournament is over, so you guyz just get me being crazy when chillin' at Regionals.

I'm the racoon in the top right, next to me (I'm giving her bunny ears, she has glasses) is mai biffle from MIT, it was originally her team then me and her brother (far left) inherited it from her when she got old. These are the cute little guys I coach, they're amazing~ <3

And, this was at home, after Regionals. My team (the one I'm on), Tango's team and another team from the middle school came over to party afterwards.

This was our "look like you're thinking" picture.

See if you can spot me :P

Hint: I'm the one in the green shirt.

DI <3

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:50 am 
Gym Leader

Yay, here are some really crappy photos of me from my DSi :D and a pic of my crazy cat too :P

Last edited by Winters Rage on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 pm 
Pokémon Master

Cheezdude eats a wrap.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:51 pm 
Pokémon Master

Metalheadz' sushi, made by yours truly

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 pm 
Gym Leader

You eat sushi?? Lucky...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 am 
Gym Leader

Sushi is raw fish, and raw fish can contain tapeworms. Then again, undercooked meat of any kind can contain tapeworms. They live inside you for a while. Eventually, they will come out... Uh... |-/ The other end... They can get up to six feet long, and one kind that lives in Africa crawls around inside you, and you can sometimessee it just under the skin on your eye...

-rambles for hours-

...and that's why I don't eat Sushi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:17 am 
Pokémon Master

Just... Really BFC...? -_-

About that... I was sure to buy the freshest fish when we went to the store. Usually it's where the fish first came from will it matter whether the fish will contain the tapeworms or not. If you cook the fish very well, the tapeworms will die. But when you're making or eating sushi, you need to be 100% careful when you're eating the raw fish. Where it came from, when it was caught, clean or not, are all factors in determining the quality of the fish. Also, it depends where you buy it. Some fish from certain companies will have multiple tapeworms, others will have less and maybe none.

However you put it though, it's best not to eat sushi too frequently. Once a month is good since every fish has some mercury in it, which is just as bad as tapeworms. Please do some research before you post that conclusion.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm 
Mew

Common misconception but sushi doesn't neccessarily contain raw fish. The word sushi is referring to the rice, not the seaweed or fish. There are common types of sushi containing cook fish, smoked fish, other seafood (crab, shrimp, etc), and no seafood at all (egg, veggatables, etc).

That aside, tape worms can be a problem though only with certain species of fish (salmon being the most common). However, they can be killed by cooking or freezing the fish. Japan, for example, freezes all their salmon (and I think the tuna too) before using it to kill any potential parasites like tape worms. The US does so as well. That's why, if you look into it, it's extremely rare for people in developed countries get parasites from fish (several a year at most). So that's really not a big concern.

Mercury is a bigger problem. But every fish doesn't contain mercury. Some species are far more likely to have it than others (tuna, for example), but it all depends on where they were caught. Fish caught in certain areas are far more likely to have lots of mercury than others. In general, wild fish from cleaner parts of the ocean (near Alaska, for example) tend to be safer in that regard. Your body can process mercury as well, so even if you eat some fish that does have mercury, unless you're highly sensitive to it you'll be ok as long as you're not eating fish very frequently.

For the record, I ate sushi at least once a week while in Japan and once every two or three weeks while in Arizona with no problems.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next