It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:20 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Ok, here we go.

It's several years in the future (and by that I mean several years after Pokemon XD happened), and Orre has finally set up their own Pokemon League challenge. Justy's Pre-Gym became an official Gym, stadiums like the one in Pyrite were turned into Gyms, and the Realgam tower is hosting the first ever Orre League tournament soon. And this is Orre, so everything's double battles, of course.

Professor Krane volunteered to be the 'The' Professor of the Orre region - the one that gives Pokedexes and Pokemon to new trainers - even if his name DOESN'T have anything to do with plants. He usually gives out Hoppip, Horsea, and Mareep, but you may be able to pry an Eevee out of him. You can consider that lucky if you want... or not.

Wild Pokemon are still uncommon, but the Pokemon Spots discovered by Duking have since grown into Pokemon Reservations - they're like Safari zones, but you have to use your own Pokeballs and you're allowed to weaken the Pokemon before trying to catch them. You do have to pay to get in and can only stay for so long, though, because there are only so many Pokemon. And you might get kicked out if you accidentally KO one, so be careful to only attack something you want to catch.

So there's that method of obtaining Pokemon, the occasional random trainer that's willing to trade, and the Black Market of the Pokemon world... deep below Pyrite's surface lies The Under. Its ruins were burried and no one is to go in or out, but laws aren't going to stop Team Snagem. Team Cipher's out of the picture, but Snagem's alive and... well, I can't well. Gonzap's been arrested, but the rest of the team escaped and is stealing and selling Pokemon in what's left of The Under. They live in tunnels like ants, and they look like 'em to people in Pyrite, so nobody but their customers know they're down there. Perhaps we'll be crushing that evil organization as a side quest...

But obviously, the real reason you're here is because you want to be the champion of the Orre League. Or maybe you'd rather become a gym leader, since many of the current leaders are from other regions and would really like to go back home. The Gyms are found in Gateon, Pyrite, Agate, Phenac, and Citadark Isle (Since just about anyone can get there now), plus Mt. Battle, the town built around the S.S. Libra (Built with the reasoning that a giant ship out in the middle of the desert would be a great tourist attraction), and the new port town on the northeastern coast - Lapis (Maybe they figure that cities built on water are always successful...).

Anyway, here we go-
Name: First and last, because I should hope all the characters know their last name...
Age: Since I really doubt everyone's gonna be a ten year old.
Personality: If you'd rather make it up as you go along, or you're too lazy to type it out *coughLIKEMEcough*, you can just say "Played out"
Starting Pokemon: I really hope you don't think I'd make you start out with Hoppip, Horsea, Mareep, or Eevee. I mean, Opal might kill someone - like me - if she had to use an Eevee... really, you can use any Pokemon within reason, since most residents of Orre already have a Pokemon or two. I'd prefer if it evolved twice (keeping in mind that Pokemon don't EVOLVE from eggs, they HATCH from them...) but it doesn't really matter; you can even use a made up Pokemon if you want, just post it in the Fakedex topic if it isn't there already. Obviously it's going to start out in its first stage and possibly evolve later, and if you want something rare like a Dratini, you better have a darn good explanation as to how you got it and be prepared to put it in your...
Character's History: because people usually don't just find Dratinis in their back yard. Oh yeah, your character can be from another region (Because for our purposes we're going to pretend that Orre is east of Hoenn, west of Kanto/Johto, and south of all of them. I say 'Kanto/Johto' because they're on the same continent, for those of you who don't remember going to Newbark, surfing, then going up Route 26 and 27 to the Pokemon League in G/S/C), but the starting point is gonna be the Pokemon HQ Lab.
Other: I think it's, like, a law that you have to put this on here. So uh... anything that doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Ok, so if anyone's got any other brilliant ideas, go ahead and post 'em. I just figured we needed a decent Pokemon rp and took the initiative... and another Kanto/Johto/Hoenn rp's been done before. A lot. Plus, because it IS roleplay 'week', I figured someone might actually join...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

<span style='color:red'>Name: Kain Highwind
Personality: Quiet, friendly, sensitive, defensive with the occasional sudden violent mood swing. Rarely makes friends, and those who manage to become close to him, he will keep at all costs.
Starting Pokemon: Charizard (was a Charmander) "FireKing" ( First thing that came to mind, kiddos. ^^;; )
Appearance: Cowboy-ish. Shaggy black hair, cinnamon colored eyes, tanned skin, Looks Asian. Wears a light-tan broad brimmed cowboy hat and a black overcoat. Wears loosefitting, well worn blue denim jeans and biker boots. Light blue, long-sleeved button-up shirt. Wears a pendant carved from his and his father's birthstone: opal. Wears fingerless gloves. Does carry a switchblade, a gun, and a short ninja sword with him... rarely uses those weapons, though.
Character's History: Kain is the black sheep of his family, following in the footsteps of his deceased outlaw father, Sidney Highwind. He seeks to redeem his father's name by becoming a respected trainer in areas his father had rumored to have failed in, forcing Sidney into the Under as a criminal and to his death in a cave-in. Kain also wants to know how his father ended up as an outlaw and suspects Sidney's death was no accident.
Other: Kain is a decent trainer but he hasn't battled in a long while, so he admits to being very rusty. He's only picked up his PokeBalls again just because he suspects the new upsurgence of trainers in Orre will shake loose more clues to what really happened to his father.
His Current Roster is: Charizard (Charmander) "FireKing," Blastoise (Squirtle) "Admiral," Venusaur (Bulbasaur) "SolarSaur," and Pidgeot (Pidgey) "MachWing"
[SolarSaur and MachWing are currently being studied by Prof. Krane.]
Kain knew his father loved gemstones, and the opal was Sidney's favorite. The opal pendant Kain now wears was Sidney's "Lucky Gem" and Sidney gave it to Kain on his 10th birthday not long before Sidney was killed. Kain is always reminded of his dad when he wears that pendant.
-- While speaking with Prof. Krane about the upsurgence of foreign trainers, a new Pokemon teleporting device being tested backfired, leaving Kain's Pokemon in their most basic forms. They still retain all their moves.
Text Color:Red</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:20 pm 
Random Trainer

(How long would this be after the Pokemon roleplays we usually do at the guild, Silver? 'Cause I was planning on either using Louanne. XD)(No, I'm not making her loaded with legendaries in this roleplay. It'd be kinda unfair, don't you think? Other than that, she's the same old Louanne...literally. I'm gonna have to make her older for this obviously.)

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:38 pm 
Pokémon Master

(Hey Simeon, aren't you suppose to START your pokemon journey, not already start?)

Name: Opal Celebifly Grey
Personality: Opal enjoys talking to total strangers, and doesn't mind speaking her mind. She is also quite tough and will get into phsyical and verbal fights isf she has/wants too.
Starting Pokemon: Mudkip
Character's History: Opal lived in Livycove her whole life until this point of time. Mudkip was a gift from Prof. Birch because he was good friends with her parents. After recieving her pokemon, she headed up to the Orre region to start because she wanted to try something new and also because she read about it's past history and wanted to see the sights.
Other: She likes <span style='color:blue'>blue</span> pokemon...
Text Colour: <span style='color:pink'>What do you think?</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:52 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Name: Stevenson Johan (pronounced Yo-Han) Beltino
Personality: Shy and intellectual, Stevenson feels very intimidated by social situations, and never takes any sort of initiative to do anything. Other than that, played out. (i.e: liable to change)
Starting Pokemon: Lotad
History: Stevenson just moved here from Olivine city. If it was up to him, he would still be there, as he loved the smell of the sea, and really, really liked Jasmine. He's always been an intellectual person (is anyone noticing a trend here?) and tends to have a higher vocabulary than everyone else. He got his lotad from Jasmine for a birthday present on his fifteenth birthday, so he treasures it, as Jasmine was really his only friend.

Other: He likes most all pokemon, but prefers to use technique over power, and strongly dislikes any pokemon who is overused greatly. Lotad is named Companero. Oh yeah, and he wants to be Prof. Krane's Assisstant when he grows up.
Text Colo(u)r: <span style='color:orange'>Orange itallics of course</span>.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:00 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Oh yeah... I forgot to put a font color on there. I suppose it would have been easier to put an Appearance thing on there, too, but I was expecting that to come in the intro posts...

And yeah, I thought by saying that the starting point was the Pokemon HQ Lab I was making it clear that we're supposed to be n00bs... the roleplay lasts longer that way. And that's the only place in the region you can get a Pokedex and become an official trainer. Orre's all uptight about that because of the problems with Team Cipher and Snagem; they won't let you in a Pokemon Resevation without one. So, uh, could you tone it down a bit, Simeon? At this point, just showing up with a character like that would be god-moding... I know you like being the mysterious, 00ber character that- wait. Hm... Mysterious 00ber character... well, maybe I've been playing too much MRA2, but this roleplay could stand to have a Canute. It really stinks that no one else here knows who Canute is. Ok, so, after you beat the Rank E tournament for the first time in Monster Rancher Advance 2, you're all "All right! We went up a rank!" and then the mysterious, 00ber guy comes and says, "Bah! You're only rank D! You shouldn't be excited; you still suck!" and then you're all, "Well, who asked you, Mr. Fancypants?" and then he's all, "Battle me and I'll show you what real power is!" and then you're all, "No! Our monster's tired from the tournament!" And then he just attacks anyway and brutally murders you because his first attack's automatically a OHKO and then you're all, "You could have hurt out monster! We told you we weren't gonna fight!" and then he's all, "Don't worry, your monster's fine. I didn't realize you had potential. Here, take this spiffeh Flare Orb. I have a feeling we'll meet again." and then he gives you the spiffeh Flare orb and leaves and doesn't come back until you're the 00ber one with a Rank S monster that makes his Durahan look like a Suzurin. Go to legendcup.com if ya don't know what a Durahan or a Suzurin is, and I'm assuming most of you don't. So... uh... yeah. If you want to be the Canute guy, you basically won't be doing anything AT ALL through the whole RP... you get to destroy is in the beginning, and then get destroyed by us near the end. And that's your whole job because there aren't any Pheonixes to unlock here. If you actually want to do something, it's just you and your Charmander.

And Mandi, you could always use a completely unrelated Louanne... A Pokemorph wouldn't really work here. There's no Team Rocket in Orre (though that WOULD be interesting...), so there's none of their evil expermients. I don't think Pokemorphs would be well-recieved there anyway... not after the Shadow Pokemon incedents.

Name: Silver Smith
Personality: Played out, mostly because I think everyone knows my comically relieving style and I don't feel like typing it out.
Starting Pokemon: Oh man, I bet none of you saw this coming! FOR TOTALLY THE FIRST TIME EVER, I'M GOING TO USE A - <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Pidgey</span>.
Character's History: Silver's always lived in Gateon Port, because his parents make their living by doing all the technical jobs on the ships. This meant that they didn't spend a lot of time at home, because they often had to go along for the ride when one of Orre's ships was travelling to Hoenn, Kanto, or Johto. That's where he got his Pidgey - it was a 'souveneir' from Kanto. Of course, he's really glad they didn't just get one of those "My parents went to Kanto and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" t-shirts. Plus, Pidgey's better than Hoppip, Horsea, Mareep, or Eevee any day of the week (although I do like Hoppip and Mareep...) and the chance to enter the Orre League is just to good to pass up.
Other: Well uh, he doesn't really have any prefences when it comes to Pokemon... he's convinced that he'll know a Pokemon he should catch when he sees it.
Text Color: <span style='color:gray'>Gray</span> (Not 'grey', gray *poked*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:31 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

((I technically am not planning to do any battles throughout the roleplay anyways, Silv-kun... Plus, it does say in my Bio that Kain hasn't battled in years. He's no better than a newbie now, and he's just a bit more interested in finding out why his dad got killed... C'mon, Silv. You think I WANT to play another Ryu-character? I just wanted to play an older character with a little wisdom, 'tis all. Heck, I'd likely not be with your group half the time, either. I'll just be a tad ahead doing my investigating thing in town and stuff...))

((By the way... you need an OOC thread, Silv-Kun. Forum Policies.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:50 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

((NO better than a newbie? Lessee here, a good way to describe thi s would be...an army veteran, four star general, wielding only a pistol, will still die against a first-day at boot camp private using a bazooka. Eh? But taht's besides the point. I just wanted to ask whether or not we all absolutlley HAVE to be at the lab. I wanted to be at crazy-genius-whos-name-escapes me's house. If that's okay.))

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:02 am 
Articuno

Name: Shauni Lakewater
Personality: Shauni is rather loud mouthed and doesn't really think her plans threw before she puts them into action. She often looks before she leaps into action, but her robust and likeable personality most often that not allow her to 'wing it' if her plans don't come into fruition. Her cheery disposition can sometimes go to irritating levels, but she is the type of person people can't bring themselves to dislike.
Generally Shauni is easy going but sometimes she can lack focus as she goes of into a day dream.

Starting Pokemon:
Image Grace the Female Ralts (Gained from the Saffron City Gym),
Image Tinder the Male growlithe (A pet bought for her by her father when they moved to Orre so she wouldn't be lonely)
Character's History: Shauni was born in Saffron City and lived there for 14 years with her mother and father. She studied Psychic Pokemon under Sabrina for 2 years before the family moved to Orre due to her father getting a job as construction manager for the Realgam Tower. She has lived in Pyrite for seven years, working in the local pokemart and competing in the arena. She has only recently begun to consider a career in pokemon training and she is confident with her abilities enough now to enter her first ever league tournament.
Other: Shauni gets a discout at the Pyrite pokemart as she works there part time
text colour: <span style='color:purple'>Purple</span>

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Name: Neo Zanther (didn't see that comming :rolleyes: )
Personality: Neo is rather quite and to himself most of the time. Though he's this way for a reason.
Starting Pokemon

Cat: A male Meowth. A pet since he was young he has done some battleing with it over the years. Having it cause him not to get an allowance due to having been taught Pay Day.

Psy: Female Abra. Neo managed to catch it on a trip to Kanto that his family took several years ago. Though he got lucky (just tossed the ball at it). Knowing full well the only attacks of Abra Neo took it upon himself to teach it afew...

Characters History: Neo has lived in Phenac City for all his life. He was born with a special talent of having Psysic powers. Though this has caused him to turn shy and not to have many friends cause he dosen't want to be exploited for his abilities. Though he can sometimes read minds though he rarely does that. The abra he has caught he can comand like Sabrina can with her pokemon liking with them. Neo discovered that this inhances the power of the pokemon. And he can actually talk to abra this way. He is now wanting to become a Gym Leader for the reagon and show everyon what he's capable of.

Text: <span style='color:green'>Green</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:28 pm 
Mew

Name: Glenn Arroway
Personality: upbeat and fun, not very serious, very hard to scare, gets distracted easily
Starting Pokemon: Male Evee (gotten from Professor Krane), Staryu (took a liking to Glenn during a family vacation to the beach and became a pet)
Character's History: Ever since he met Staryu Glenn has always been curious about pok?mon. However, due to Orre's lack of wild pok?mon and his tendency to get distracted, it took him a while to actually get out there and start his journey. But, now that he has, he's determined to stick with it and go all the way. Besides, his parents will kill him if he gives up on yet another big project/hobby...
Other: Glenn actually did a lot of research on pok?mon training and battling before the trip.
Text Color: <span style='color:brown'>Brown</span>

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:30 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

((Here we go... it's not to late to join for those of you that haven't posted your bio yet, y'know. *coughMANDIcough*

And Black is Professor Krane's official color; any random NPC can be Italic, like in ROM.))

<span style='color:gray'>A blonde-haired boy stood a short way up the path, his blue eyes looking ahead at Orre's biggest Pokemon laboratory. With his Pidgey on his shoulder, Silver ran down the path and through the big doors of the building. </span>

It had gone through a few changed since its days as a center for the Purification of Shadow Pokemon; namely, the Purification Chamber had been moved into the basement since it had been out of use for so long, but too much effort had gone into it for it to be tossed aside completely. Much of the other equipment had been moved up stairs, so the first floor was was used only for the storing of trainers' Pokemon and the giving out of Pokemon to new trainers.

<span style='color:gray'>"PROFESSOR KRANE!" he shouted after barging through the boors, "I'm here for my-"</span>

"First Pokemon?" the professor questioned excitedly. He loved giving out Pokemon, mostly because it happened so rarely... so many Orre trainers already had Pokemon of their own that he hardly ever had a chance to give one a Hoppip, Mareep, Horsea, or even Eevee.

<span style='color:gray'>"No... I've already got Twister, but I need a-" Silver replied, but was once again interrupted by an anxious Professor Krane.</span>

"Mareep? PLEASE tell me you need a Mareep!"

<span style='color:gray'>"No! I've got my Pidgey, I don't need another Pokemon, but..."</span>

"Are you SURE? I've even got Evees! We're practically giving these things away!"

<span style='color:gray'>"Um..." the wanna be trainer mumbled, hoping to remind him of the facts.</span>

"Ok, we ARE giving them away. But that's the beauty of it!"

<span style='color:gray'>"And I do believe you're ALSO giving away Pokedexes."</span>

"Oh, all right... I'll program it for you. What's your name?"

<span style='color:gray'>"...Silver Smith..." he answered slowly, knowing the response he'd get.</span>

"And... heh heh... how's that spelled?" Professor Krane asked, struggling to hold back his laughter and not doing a very good job of it.

<span style='color:gray'>Silver gave him an evil glare.</span>

"Sorry... well, here you are. You've got your sights set on the Orre League, I assume?" he inquired after entering the data into the small, red, box-like computer and handing it to Silver.

<span style='color:gray'>"Yeah... but I wouldn't mind taking over one of the gyms. The one in Lapis uses mostly flying Pokemon if I remember correctly... that would be pretty cool," he reasoned since a lot of more experienced trainers were enterring the competition and it wasn't likely that he'd win.</span>

"Well, good luck with that... and remember, it's not too late to change your mind yet... I'd be more than happy to give you a Hoppip! It's part Flying! Really, it could-" the Professor suggested, making one last attempt to give him a Pokemon.

<span style='color:gray'>"NO." Silver, of course, took his turn and did the interrupting this time.</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:24 pm 
Random Trainer

(Hope this is acceptable, Silver.)

Name: Rhianna Diaz (Louanne kept her last name. Don't ask why.)
Personality: (For Opal, Silver, and maybe Stevenson) Just like her mom.
(For all others) Outgoing, can't stand cruelty to other people/Pokemon, hates all Teams, likes making friends, slightly shy around people she doesn't know.
Starting Pokemon: Pidgey (female, nicknamed Skye) and Ponyta (female, nicknamed Flare)
Character's History: Since she was the kid of a freakin' Pokemorph, Rhianna didn't have all too many friends. They probably thought she'd have an unfair advantage in battle or something. Anyway, she grew up mostly in Johto, like Louanne did. When she turned ten, Louanne handed her two Pokeballs. One had a golden-taloned Pidgey in it. The other had a rather runty Ponyta. The 'morph then traveled with her daughter to Orre, explaining on the way that the gyms had only recently opened up. Since Louanne herself was getting kinda old, she let her daughter try her hand at winning the badges for that region.
Other: Um...She has no real Pokemon preference, but longs to fly like Louanne can. For this reason, she dotes on Skye a little more than Flare. The Ponyta doesn't seem to mind, though.
Text Color: <span style='color:blue'>Blue isn't taken yet, is it?</span> oo

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:27 am 
Pokémon Champion

Neo decided it was time to get started on his way of becomming a Gym Leader. Though only recently had he though of doing this. But the current ones are itching to get home after being here for awhile and so ones from Orre were needed.

The best place to start was the Pokemon HQ Lab to get a pokedex. Neo called out his Abra Psy. "<span style='color:green'>Ok since I can only go a short distance I'm going to need you. Our destination is the Pokemon HQ Lab. I've shown you it before so you know where it is."</span> Psy gave a responce that ment that it knew what to do. Soon Neo and Psy appeared infrount of the building. Neo walked in though the doors and happened to see another trainer and Professor Krane talking.

He just happen to overhear that they were giving away Evees and trying to give the trainer a pokemon, any one for that matter that was in the lab. Then the trainer, who Neo soon found out was named Silver, asked for a Pokedex. Neo walked up after the 2 had finished talking.

<span style='color:green'>"Well, I'm here too for a pokedex. And did I hear correctly that you are giving out Evees?"</span> Neo asked. Though 2 Evees would work into the planed pokemon of his 1 would do for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:55 am 
Articuno

Shauni sat with her two pokemon, Grace and Tinder, at the fountain in the middle of Pyrite. Her face was sullen and she was holding what looked like a letter in her hand.
She crushed the paper use as hard as she was able and threw it into the fountain. The paper quickly absorbed the water and bled the ink, making a small black haze in the water until the colour was diluted into the blue

Shauni's eyes were tearing up but she maintained her composure
<span style='color:purple'>"I don't care what she says...I'm not keeping that stupid job at the pokemart..."</span>
She picked up Grace and whistled to Tinder who followed her.

She headed of towards Orre's biggest Pokemon laboratory to meet with Professor Krane....

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next