It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:04 am 
Gym Leader

Raven growled, his hands igniting in fire and ice. "I will stop you!" He said, charging forward, unleashing a torrent of magical abilities.

"Well, it looksl ike he has it under control..."

Tikawa nodded, and led the group towards the main throne room.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:24 pm 
Random Trainer

Dethrohan began dodging or blocking all of Raven's magical attacks with his massive shield. Once the torrent had stalled, he quickly drew his sword. "You're such a disappointment to me. Don't you know that the Crusade is in your blood? Why do you continue to deny it?", he asked, attempting a strike at his offspring.

Prexus sheathed his blade and grinned. "Darn, and I was looking forward to a real fight. Ah well, maybe next time." With that said, he began walking alongside Yektai while following Tikawa to the main throne room.

Gil looked hesitantly at the door and didn't move from his current position. "Eh.. You guys go ahead. I'll stay behind and see to the outcome of this battle. If Raven emerges, then we'll come and find you later.", he assured them.

Artemis nodded, moving to follow Tikawa with the others. It didn't take her long to catch up beside him. "Why are we heading to the throne room? Isn't Dethrohan the leader of the fortress...?", she asked, slightly confused.

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:40 am 
Gym Leader

Raven lept back, dodging the strike. "Shut up! I'll never be like you!" He shouted, his entire arm igniting on fire.

Yektai took Prexus' arm. "We'll go set up the explosives."

"Well, if Raven is tackling the boss, they're going to destroy the building, what do we do?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:44 pm 
Random Trainer

Dethrohan lifted his sword once again. "I'm just going to have to hack that arm of your's off then.", he said, growling. He then charged forward with the shield in front of him, his sword poised to strike.

Gil's excellent hearing could pick up every noise and word uttered within the room where Raven and the boss were fighting. As their battle continued, he became more and more concerned for his leader. He dared not enter the room, however, since this was a matter that Raven wished to resolve by himself.

Prexus felt the tug of his arm as his partner stalled him. His ears perked up at the word, "explosives." He grinned. "All right then, that works for me." With that, the two departed from the rest and set about placing bombs within the castle to ensure it would come crumbling down.

Artemis came to a quick stop, pulling on Tikawa's arm to stop him as well. "Wait a second... Shouldn't we be heading outside instead? I mean, they are planning to bring this place down. We really don't want to be caught inside when that happens, right?", she said nervously.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:33 am 
Random Trainer

Aeria frowned a little. "But what if Raven doesn't finish off De-D-what's-his-face...before Prexus and the others set off the explosives?" she fretted.
Acantha was examining the fingernails on one hand for some reason. "You know, even if he doesn't, you won't really help matters by sticking around and getting flattened. Or crushed. Besides, I'd think Prexus and Yektai would wait 'til Raven finished up his business before blowing anything up." She switched her attention to the nails on her other hand. "I'm assuming the bombs can be remotely activated. It'd be kind of stupid if they weren't." She frowned. "Dangit, I need to file these after we're done..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:23 am 
Gym Leader

Raven closed his eyes, chanting a small spell, and charging forward, meeting Dethrohan, and quickly tracing a rune of fire on the shield. He quickly rolled to the side as the sword came down. As he got up to his knees, he quickly snapped, and the shield did a small explosion

Yektai made his way down to the basement of the building, looking around at all the support beams. He grabbed some of the orbs and handed them to Prexus. "Lets go."

"They will wait for us to be out, I helped the ninja place the onesin the first building. The orbs are made of magic, and will detect for any living allies. We should get out of here though." He said, leading everyone out of the building.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things had taken a turn for the worse for Raven. His father wasn't really appreciative of him destroying the shield, and now he was wielding.the sword fiercely.

Raven lay in front of his father, panting, injured.

Dethrohan placed his sword against Raven's throat. "Any last words? Maybe along the lines of "I give up, I will join the crusade'?"

Raven closed his eyes, scannign for the presence of any of his friends in the building. He was glad to find that they were gone. He thought of Yektai and the secret plan he made last night.

"I win." He said softly, sending out a pulse of magical energy. The pulse hit the magic orbs, and detonated them.
The building came crumbling down quickly.

Yektai turned away from the building, eyes closed. "Raven..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:06 pm 
Random Trainer

Artemis stood beside Tikawa, watching the building collapse to the dirt. A small tear fell down the side of her cheek. Their leader was most likely dead...

Prexus had his arms crossed over his chest, ear twitching in thought. "Hey, um... Probably not the best time to mention this but... We seem to be missing the other dragonian as well.", he said quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~ < Previously > ~~~~~~~~~~

Gil realized the immediate danger that he and Raven were in. As the explosions began and the building began to shake, he quickly ripped the door off of its hinges and rushed over to his fallen leader. He could tell that Raven was alive. Although, the collapsing fortress might just change that. Dethrohan had already been crushed by fallen stones from the cieling above.

Without truly thinking about it, Gil grabbed the heavy metal door and held it above his head. Before he knew it, both Raven and himself were buried in a dome of stone and mortar. But they were both still alive, for the moment anyway. The weight on the top of the door was nothing Gil couldn't handle but he would have a hard time digging the two of them out. Perhaps the others would come searching through the rubble for them? He could only hope desperately.

~~~~~~~~~~ < Outside > ~~~~~~~~~~

"What!? Gil was in there too!?", Artemis cried. She felt internally guilty for having forgotten about him in the first place. "Maybe then... Maybe they're both still alive..."

"Doubtful. Not many could survive having a fortress fall on top of them.", Prexus said, though not coldly.

"Listen, you've got a good nose. Get in there and see if you can sniff them out!!", Artemis said, pushing Prexus towards the rubble.

Prexus stumbled before catching himself. "... All right, all right..." He began sniffing around in the rubble.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:19 pm 
Random Trainer

Acantha made a face. "I'll help," she offered before shifting back into the form of a black wolf. She trotted to a different area of the rubble and began methodically searching through it, nose close to the debris.Aeria bit her lower lip, worried. She also felt slightly embarrassed that she couldn't do anything to help. Not at the moment, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:41 pm 
Gym Leader

Tikawa looked at the rubble, close his eyes and holding his staff forward. The white glow turned to black. He spun his staff, then thrust it forward. A black explosion blew the rubble back, revealing the missing companions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:50 pm 
Random Trainer

Prexus was lying on his back in the rubble, groaning slightly. The blast had knocked him off his feet; he never saw it coming and Tikawa hadn't bothered to give any warning. His nose told him that Gil and Raven were close by and they were alive. He slowly got to his feet and made his way back over to Yektai, leaning heavily on his shoulder. "You people are all insane...", he muttered, closing his eyes.

Artemis smiled, tears trailing down her cheeks. She could see Gil and Raven lying among the rubble and debree. Raven was injured, but alive... "They're both alive!", she cried. She then turned and hugged Tikawa. "Thank you for freeing them, dear..."

Gil was knelt down, holding the unconscious and injured Raven protectively in his arms. His eyes were closed tight and he was shaking slightly. The blast had led him to believe that he and Raven were done for. But this was not the case. He heard Prexus remove himself from the rubble and heard Artemis cry out and he slowly opened his eyes. They were indeed alive and their friends had found them after all. Carefully, he stood up, still holding Raven. "We should probably get this one healed...", were the first words out of his mouth, followed by a weary smile.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:56 pm 
Random Trainer

Aeria smiled--though she was sprawled on the ground from Tikawa's unexpected blast, one wing pinned underneath her--relieved that Raven and Prexus were still alive. She got back to her feet, stretching the pinned wing. Acantha turned and trotted away from the rubble after the discovery, but something made her pause and sniff at the air. There was something else...Disregarding the stench that had probably been Dethrohan, she resumed searching, focusing on a faint smell that recalled a shadowy wraith who had vanished from sight some time before. Her searching brought her to a pile of masonry. It looked as though it had come from some grand hallway. In fact, the rubble matched that surrounding where Prexus and Raven had been uncovered, so...perhaps it was from the same area.

(Acantha's currently more or less standing right above Raphael now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Silver, meanwhile, was playing with that cowbell he had picked up earlier. It made the most pleasant sound, he found, when he tapped it with one of his claws. "Man, why didn't I think of becoming a musician before...?" he wondered aloud as he tucked the cowbell into his pocket and actually bothered to look at the destruction he had just escaped from. "...Oh. Really glad I wasn't in there when THAT happened."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:58 pm 
Random Trainer

Prexus lazily opened one eye to find Acantha still searching about in the rubble. It caught his slight interest. "Hey, what's up?", he called to her. "Don't tell me we forgot someone else in there as well...?"

Artemis placed a finger to her chin as if she were in thought, and she was. "You know... I haven't seen that creepy Vampire in quite some time. Do you think he got caught in the explosion as well?", she said, glancing to where Acantha was standing.

Gil carefully manuvered his way out of the debree and went to stand near Tikawa, still holding Raven as though he were a very fragile doll. "Probably. He did disappear from our group so it's not likely that he knew about the explosion... But I doubt he'd die on us this easily. He seems way too stubborn or prideful for that."

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Raphael emerged from Acantha's shadow, causing the demon a slight bit of suprise. He turned his head towards Gil.

"Oh, that's rich." said Raphael. "Prideful? Stubborn? You know nothing of me, and you remain blinded by arrogance." he said coolly. "Perhaps if you had not been feuding with young master Tikawa over here, things would have turned out better..." he leaned down to inspect the rubble, turning his back on Gil as he did so

{{Yeah, he knows about that. And it's not god-moding, trust me. There's a perfectly logical explanation.}}

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:41 pm 
Random Trainer

The wolf had jumped at Raphael's sudden appearance. "Either I didn't know you could do that, or I did and had forgotten," she commented, reverting back to her original form.
Aeria looked between Gil and Raphael, then glanced at Artemis, didn't see anything she could do, and started counting her remaining arrows. It didn't take her long; she only had three dozen. "I'll have to make some more," she muttered, sliding the arrows back into her quiver.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next