It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"Unless your work will have an effect on returning this society from the brink, I'm afraid I must continue on my way, miss Roxie. I have no interest in money, and must continue searching for a way my services can be used for the good of mankind, as my late master instructed me to." said Caruthers. "But if you wish to scan my systems, I will allow it, so long as you do not change anything."

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:50 am 
Articuno

Roxie's face fell at the question "I'm trying to do something that will benefit everyone, but the equipment is insanely expensive. I know once we start getting everything we need, there are going to be thefts. I've already had two parties of raiders try to take what I already have, some of the stuff I'm trying to get a hold of is worth millions of dollars"

She looked up "I'm also connected to a few investors, its not all me. They insisted on security to protect there investment"

She glanced at the robot "Who was your old owner? He's not around?"

She then processed what he said and smiled "We are starting a local Terra forming process. It will help un poison the land for crops, clear the air of toxins and help restore what was before."

She puffed her chest out proudly "We are starting local, but the idea is once we have a plant running, we can run a terra forming node and restore all the earth to pre war state, that means food production, farm land, better health...if you are interested"

She smiled, a knowing grin as she watched him process.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"My previous master is now deceased. But I believe assisting in terraforming would fall under the purview of my orders. I would be glad to assist in whatever capacity you see fit, misstress Roxie. I admit that in regards to security, I am only marginally equipped, but I'm sure after analysis you will be able to deploy me to whatever task I am best suited."

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:57 am 
Articuno

Roxie looked at all three of the "applicants"

"Its a start" she thought to herself.

Rook was still looking over the list

"You can all come inside if you like. Caruthers, if you would please go through the door on the right, my scanning equipment is there, I'll see what you can do."

she looked at the others "help yourself to drinks, and if you need anything speak to Reggie. I'll be back in a bit to assign stuff to you"

She looked at Rook "And I'll have a look at the damage"

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:38 am 
Mew

Rook was looking over the equipment list. "Easy, easy, have it, can trade for it, have three... Tricky, but not impossible..."

She looked up at Roxie's comment about damages. "Breaking things?" she arched an eyebrow. "Do I look like a fighter to you? You seem to be a pretty good engineer but your drone systems were easy enough to hack. As for all the traps you spread around outside, anyone with half a brain and a decent scanner can find a route through them. While I hate to admit it, that guy," she nodded towards A'sikar, "would probably do a better job when it comes to improving the trap placement and basic system layout. But I can secure the digital side of things. For that matter, I could also use my contacts to keep many of the more unsavory types off your back, though that kind of service comes at a premium."

"As for these," she tapped the list, "you're talking to the right girl. Though I'd like some proof that you can deliver on the funds."

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"I do believe the damages Mistress Roxie was referring to were euphemistic, monetary damages, miss." Caruthers said acidly. "After all, criminals have quite a market these days." Caruthers performed an about-face and walked towards the scanning equipment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:01 am 
Articuno

Roxie looked at Rook "I heard you say you have something on the list I need, bring it here tomorrow and I'll have the money listed in cash".

She scratched her head "You can't exactly run a credit check on me these days, your going to have to trust I have the money. No need to hand over the goods before payment"

She then looked up in though "If you can bring me three items on the list, i'll start to pay you a 5% commission on the other ones before you bring them to me, as a bit of trust goes both ways"

"The damage I was talking about was for any repairs that I'll have to run for your dramatic entrance..."

She walked over to the scanner and turned it on.

She began to study the read out, waiting to see what the robot was capable off.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 am 
Gym Leader

Ah'sikar quietly took his drink, giving a thankful nod to Reggie, before walking down the halls, taking the occasional drink. As he wandered down the corridor, he wandered on the living quarters. He entered one that he figured to be an empty one, walking over and sitting on one of the beds. "Hmm... been awhile since I've had one of these." he gave out a musing chuckle, before shifting his body to lay down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

The scan pretty much reveals his RP profile as far as capabilities go. But also, there is a video file that comes unbidden to the scanner, of a well-dressed blonde man handing Caruthers a broken coffee mug and saying "Fix this." before walking out a door of a luxurious home.

"Far be it from me to dictate, Mistress Roxie," began Caruthers, "but I am not certain if that Rook character is to be trusted. I hope I have not spoken out of turn."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:55 am 
Articuno

Roxie watched the video, she then nodded at Caruthers. Making a mental note to try and find this person on the video, or some record of them.
"Yeah, I know. She knows her stuff, I'll give her that, but I need help from people like her. There is no way I can get this stuff legally...erm, I mean myself"

She noted her goof had gone, unnoticed, or at least, it looked like it. Robots are not know for facial ticks.

"Looks like you will be fit for a bit of lite duties around the compound if you are up for it."
She knew he was capable for more now she had scanned him, but she didn't want to push to far. He was really rare

She patted his casing.

"Can you please go get Rook, Reggie and Ah'sikar?" I'd like to show them what we are doing here, and set up for a little mission I think you will all be suited to help with. Lets call it team building."

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:55 pm 
Mew

Rook, meanwhile, continued to go over the list while making some notes on her computer. This was looking like quite the profitable job. Some of the items wouldn't be easy to come by but she had been wanting a challenge. Pulling off an especially complex heist would be fun...provided she had a sure fire escape route, just in case.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:47 am 
Articuno

When everyone gathered in the reception room, Roxie began laying out her plan

"Right everyone, as the flyer said, this is about setting up some terra forming. However, I only have basic kit at the moment. We have the backing from some interested parties, who shall remain nameless for now, who have provided me with the funding to being".

She walked over to a whiteboard covered in a sheet, quickly pulling it off

"Project Jack Pine" she read.

"The idea is that the Jack Pine can not produce its seeds without fire. Basically an act that would kill the tree is actually required for it to reproduce."

She looked on at the blank faces "This isn't about the Jack Pine, but the idea behind it. The convoy aliens brought with them plant life from one of there home systems. There idea was that the earth, inhabited with basic life when they left there home world, would not support a colony of them. They have bio-engined crops that grow nearly anywhere in any condition, except for earth poisoned by bio weapons....like 80% of Earth IS"

She looked sad for a moment, but continued "The population has been reduced since the war, even with the convoy aliens living here now, there is like only 2 billion people on this planet. We want to terra-form the national park in this city, as a demonstration that if we combine alien bio engineered plants with Earth based terra-forming teach we used on Mars, we can grow crop."

She showed them a diagram of a complicated terra forming machine

"The Terra-forming technology Earth has is not powerful enough to remove all the toxins from the soil on badly hit areas, it will however get it to a safe level for habitation. The idea is then to use the bio engineered crops from the aliens to grow food. The plants themselves have been made to remove toxins from earth, as local germs and the like could be harmful to aliens, or so was the idea anyway"

She tapped the board "If we can terra-form and plant alien seeds we can grow crops that won't slowly be killing us like we are now, there will be no radiation sickness from food"

She patted it again "We already have methods to purify water but we have been living on canned stock and food imported from the northern areas not hit. This isn't sustainable. We have found two types of alien crops that humans can safly eat. A type of crop like wheat and a fruit that is similar to apples. We haven't been able to get ahold of the plants though, only some produce imported from the convoy ship still in orbit."

She then frowned "The problem is aliens are not allowed to grow there crops under there surrender treaty on earth, and we do not have a terra-forming device."

"This first mission is to acquire samples of the two plants from the aliens. I need a computer model set up to scan the seeds as they mature to plants so we can study there life cycle" She looked at Rook "Is there anything you can do? I need a complicated bit of kit, something like an alien incubator or a bio pod they use to transport plants to Mars. We are talking some very old and rare kit. Once I have it, I'll need it reprogramming for monitoring alien plant life"

She lowered her voice "If you can, I also need help....getting the seeds. They are not being donated"

She looked at the others "I need fire power to ensure the seeds make it back here and are guarded. There are people who have to stockpile of seeds, but don't want to share them. They have a bunker about 4 miles from here, we will need to get it, set the seeds undetected and get out. They have heat sensors" she looked at the robot "So that is an issue for living beings".

she sighed "If we can't get the seeds, we can't being the project. Who's in?"

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:50 am 
Mew

"I don't know if this project of yours will work or not but, as long as you can pay, I don't really care. Besides, getting some of those items sounds like fun."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:23 am 
Articuno

Roxie looked at Rook and nodded "Thanks. If we can pull off getting the seeds, I'll have a look at what else you can get quickly. I'm not going to lie, these are dangerous people we will be dealing with"

She looked at the others "You guys in?"

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"Why, I rather think it goes without saying that if it will restore peace and prosperity, I will be happy to assist you."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next