It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 am 
Articuno

Okay all, I've not but lots of thought into it, but I have an idea for an rp, but I just want numbers before I type a whole load of information.

It is a post apostolic style RP, set after an interstellar war, so you can be human or something else we can class as "mutant" or "alien".

If at least 3 people are interested I'll post a description.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 am 
Mew

I'd consider joining.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 am 
Gym Leader

I'll join up.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Sure, me too.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 am 
Articuno

Awesome, alight here is the premise.

There has been an interstellar war between Earth, The Former Republic of Mars and the outer Nation of Galilean Satellites (Moons of Jupiter). These three groups were allied against the invading forces of Aliens, of mixed origins.

The basic fact is, humans have spread over all of the potential inhabitable planets in our solar system, forming an empire that went into its own civil war, and split off.

During a time of unsteady peace, a serge of space ships from another galaxy arrived to Sol after a journey which took generations. There system has ran out of resources, and when life on earth was at the cave man level, they set off, there technology almost staying at the same level as try travelled.

Humans caught up technology wise by the time the aliens made it to the "promised lands" and refused to share, seeing the fleet as an invasion force, and still recovering from civil war.

War broke out between the two factions, and in desperation weapons inducing planet destruction took place.

Mars was lost, and one if the Moons of Galilean.

The people that were left, desperate , called a peace treaty. Humans, Aliens, (also robots if you must) and those mutated by the war were allowed to settle on what was left of Earth, the remainder of the Galilean Satellites isolating themselves.

This RP takes place 2 years after the war, there isn't much left and peoples memories are very fresh....

Character bio must include name, age, gender (if applicable to aliens), a description, personal history, notable skills and loyalty.

I'll write a bio for my character tomorrow.

If you are an alien or mutant (or robot), you must provide a very good description of what you look like so we can picture it.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:45 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Name: Caruthers
Gender: Male structure and voice, but of course no actual sex
Description: A butler droid from before the war. Silver plated, but mostly covered up in a suit and bowler hat. He has one eye, giving the impression of wearing a monocle. Carries an umbrella, the solar panels of which he uses to recharge his power cells, and the electrified tip of which he uses to fend of any would-be attackers.
Personal history: Before the war, Caruthers served a wealthy arms manufacturer as a butler, cook, and last line of defense against burglars. Every day, he would polish shoes, cook meals, and do general tidying. Unfortunately, arms dealers don't always live through enormous wars, and he was on Mars when it was destroyed. His master dead, Caruthers now wanders the world looking for anything familiar.
Notable skills: Cooking, cleaning, and general household work. Moderate fencing skills. Can power electronics with his umbrella, and is very knowledgeable. Doesn't get tired as long as the sun shines. Has the strength of a slightly above-average human, but is much faster.
Loyalty: Humanity in general, and anybody he sees as his master primarily.
Text color: Olive, of course

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Last edited by Stevenson on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:50 am 
Articuno

Name: Roxie Pendragon
Description: Human, Slender athletic build. mixed parentage, so not really any ethnicity. Black hair in dreadlocks, blind in right eye but replaced with mechanical iris, allowing for zoom features, scanning etc. Left eye ocean blue. Pinky finger missing on left arm. Not effected by it but slight limp making running a little harder for her.

Personal history: Used to work in the arms industry developing battle robots and weapons. Since the peace works in salvage collecting wasteland scrap and fixing it or reusing it. Built own house in former fall out shelter. Bunker heavily guarded with automated weapons.

Younger sister died during the war, so comes over as cocky and a little rude but has a soft stop for robots and children due to here geeky nature.

Notable skills: Robotic engineer, good at fixing and making things, mechanical iris allows here to zoom, scan and analysis, set up for scrap but can be used in a fight at a pinch. Runs a business so good and negotiation and buying and selling

Text colour: Bold Black.

Loyalty: Humanity (Re. Earth), but was never on the front lines so not a compete hater of aliens. Mostly bitter towards them than anger.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 pm 
Mew

Is this being run as an "anything goes" sort of RP like ROM or a more moderator controlled one like Forum Wars or Portal Panic?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 pm 
Gym Leader

name, age, gender (if applicable to aliens), a description, personal history, notable skills and loyalty

Full Name: As'hikar Kisks

Race: Rikari

Age: 232 (In human years, his equivalent would be mid 40s. Rikari live to around 500 years on average)

Physical Description: The typical Rikari have a humanoid reptilian-like appearance, much like Argonian from Skyrim, with the main difference that Rikari have 4 fingers on their hands instead of 5. As'hikar's skin is a darker tinge of green, about 7 feet tall. He wears a ragged leather jacket over his clothes, and usually smells of alcohol.

Personal History: As'hikar grew up in the military life. His father was a decorated general in the Rikari fleet, during a time when the Rikari were still making a name for themselves. After he was born, As'hikar was raised in a military academy aboard the military flag ship, to take after his father. He was naturally gifted from the beginning, like his father. An intellect that aced him his classes in military strategy, and an eye that brought him to the top of the class in marksmanship. After graduating from the academy, he took over his father's place as a general in the fleet, with his father graduating to admiral.
During the human-convoy war, As'hikar had fallen in love with a human. This sort of interspecies relationship was forbidden by Rikari code and laws. Her ship was abducted, and As'hikar immediately took his army faction of separatist to go take her back, but by the time they had got there, she was already killed. When his father learned that not only had he went on a mission without approval from him, in addition to what the mission was for, he was dishonorably discharged from the army, and banished from the Rikari populated ships, sent to Earth. He was on earth in a secret separatist human-alien colony as a refugee being housed by human sympathisers when the war ended. After the war he was given amnesty and a pardon from war crimes due to his defection and attempted mission to rescue human POWs.

Notable Skills: Graduated with top honors from a military academy, with classes including but not limited to, Strategy, Marksmanship, Combat, Mediation, etc.

Loyalty: Humanity

Text Color Dark Cyan

(If I need to add anything or go into a bit more detail about something, let me know. The Rikari planet isn't far away from our solar system, so they have a good relation with the humans in the milky way.)

Last edited by Prancing Mad on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 am 
Articuno

Quote:
Is this being run as an "anything goes" sort of RP like ROM or a more moderator controlled one like Forum Wars or Portal Panic?

I was thinking free form "anything goes", but if possible no controlling other players, unless they are missing for a week. To make it fair, if there is a disagreement on what someone has posted, I will moderate, and once all the characters are submitted I will write a begining scenario, then its free form from there.

I'm so sorry butt in on your character Prancing Mad, but as the description stated the alien races came on the convoy. You can add As'hikar Kisks to there roster, but aliens in the near by system of earth as friendly are not an option, sorry I should have stated that earlier. The human system was so badly hit by a civil war, human on human. We don't have faster than light travel and neither do the aliens.

Can I suggest the little following changes to your bio? The war between humans and Convoy aliens was for a long time.

If you are not happy with the changes I understand, but please note everyone alien races can only be played from the convoy, robots can be from either side.

I should have said that earlier, sorry all.

Full Name: As'hikar Kisks

Race: Rikari

Age: 232 (In human years, his equivalent would be mid 40s. Rikari live to around 500 years on average)

Physical Description: The typical Rikari have a humanoid reptilian-like appearance, much like Argonian from Skyrim, with the main difference that Rikari have 4 fingers on their hands instead of 5. As'hikar's skin is a darker tinge of green, about 7 feet tall. He wears a ragged leather jacket over his clothes, and usually smells of alcohol.

Personal History: As'hikar grew up in the military life. His father was a decorated general in the Rikari fleet, during a time when the Rikari were still making a name for themselves. After he was born, As'hikar was raised in a military academy aboard the military flag ship, to take after his father. He was naturally gifted from the beginning, like his father. An intellect that aced him his classes in military strategy, and an eye that brought him to the top of the class in marksmanship. After graduating from the academy, he took over his father's place as a general in the fleet, with his father graduating to admiral.
During the human-convoy war, As'hikar had fallen in love with a human. This sort of interspecies relationship was forbidden by Rikari code and laws. Her ship was abducted, and As'hikar immediately took his army faction of separatist to go take her back, but by the time they had got there, she was already killed. When his father learned that not only had he went on a mission without approval from him, in addition to what the mission was for, he was dishonorably discharged from the army, and banished from the Rikari populated ships, sent to Earth. He was on earth in a secret separatist human-alien colony as a refugee being housed by human sympathisers when the war ended. After the war he was given amnesty and a pardon from war crimes due to his defection and attempted mission to rescue human POWs.

Notable Skills: Graduated with top honors from a military academy, with classes including but not limited to, Strategy, Marksmanship, Combat, Mediation, etc.

Loyalty: Mostly loyal to humanity out of loss of his love, but doesn't actively participate in anything. They took him in when his own race cast him out.

Text Color Dark Cyan

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 am 
Gym Leader

Profile has been updated

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am 
Articuno

Thats great thanks

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm 
Mew

Name: Rook (alias; real name unknown)
Description: An athletic young woman with dark green eyes and a blonde ponytail. She wears dark clothing, usually rather worn, that allows for quick and silent movement.
History: Rook's home was destroyed in an artillery strike when she was young, killing the rest of her family. She survived the blast by sheer luck and was forced to grow up on the streets, scavenging whatever she could to survive. Over the years others occasionally took it upon themselves to become her caretaker, friend, or lover, but all of those relationships ended poorly, leaving her very distrustful of others. As she grew, she became quite skilled at scavenging, theft, and other similar skills, carving out a role for herself in the dark underground, which continued even after the war ended.
Notable Skills: Stealth, Theft, Hacking, Information Gathering
Loyalty: Herself and her friends (though gaining her trust is extremely difficult)
Text Color: Orange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:23 am 
Articuno

Okay, there is still time to submit characters but here is the beginning scenario.

Roxie walked quickly with a pace that implied she had somewhere to be, fast.
This part of Old Town was still pretty badly hit and run down, full of shady characters, however these were the types of people she needed.

She walked up the the guild hall, well the term "guild hall" was a push.

It was an old Church, its roof missing, replaced by metal plating from crashed planes, car doors and undefinable junk.

She pushed open the large wooden door, an original feature that had been burned black and processed inside.
The room was lit by the large windows, once home to stain glass masterpieces, now just clear packing tarp stopping the elements from getting in.

The old pews from the church had been pushed into a circle, into a sort of Roman amphitheatre, with a large clear circle in the middle with a soap box on the floor, the "discussion" area.

This did not interest her.

As she continued through the building, she happened to glance up. The large cross with Christ still hung in place at the head of the building, below where the priest would have delivered service.

She looked away quickly, during the end days of the war, she had seen crucifixions for real. They were the aliens that had invaded, but even still the memory still made her sick.

As she finally approached the alter, the notice board that had once been outside for church events had been nailed in front of it.

"Jobs" it said, crudely painted on.

She looked over a few of the ones already there.

"Scrap Required", "Restoration of Aircraft, good money for working engines" and "Looking for some 'company'" That last one, even after everything , actually surprised her.

"Whos advertise there 'services' in a church?" she asked aloud, to no one in particular.

She reached into her bag and pulled out her own notice and pinned it to the board over the "Company" add.

She smiled at her work, printers were hard to come by these days, but she need like 100 of these flyers.

After making sure it was easily going to catch the right persons eye, she left. 99 more dumps like this to go.

the Poster had a large image of a tree printed in the middle, with a few bird in the branches.

Project Jack Pine

Wanted: Parts and Scrap for Terra-forming
Wanted: Experts with horticultural and computer system integration
Wanted: Manual Labours and Security

Apply to Roxie Pendragon at the the former Matthew Street Hospital.

Bring the flyer.

Reward: Payment dependent on service offered. Will pay in Euros, Dollars and Pound Sterling and Convoy Dyno.

We will accept ANYONES help.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm 
Gym Leader

As'hikar sat in a makeshift tavern, glass in hand, staring out at nothing in particular. He had to admit one thing about humans, they definitely invented something that could take his mind off his painful past, if only for a moment. He took a final drink out of the glass in his hand, placing it back upon the table. He looked at the bottle sitting next to him, taking stock of its contents.

<Looks like one more glass... I might need another...> He reached into his ragged jacket, pulling out his makeshift wallet. He opened it up and peered inside, growling softly at its contents... or, lack there-of. He placed the wallet back into its place.

At this time, the door opened and caught everyone's attention, including the reptilian. A girl entered and approached the bulletin board, putting a flyer upon it, and leaving shortly after.

A bulky alien took the initiative, laughing and standing from his table. He walked over and grabbed the newly hung paper. "Another hippy tryin' ta help the planet." He laughed again, causing more of the patrons to laugh. As'hikar just sat, watching the scene. "Just anotha hopeless mission." He crumpled the paper, throwing it over his shoulder, then grabbing another paper off the board. "Now this, this is a mission. Rough up some bureaucrat tryin' ta abuse some poor? I'll take that anyday." He laughed again, storming out of the tavern.

As'hikar looked down at the paper, crumbled at his feet. He reached down, gently picking it up and taking a read. He folded the paper, and slipped it into another one of his pockets. Reaching into one of the inside pockets, he pulled out his flask, popping it open, and pouring the remainder of his bottle into it. Pushing away from the table, he rose to a standing position. He grasped the bottle and moved toward the exit, dropping the bottle into the trash can as he left. He started making his way toward the old hospital building.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next