It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Guardian Nine
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 pm 
Combusken

Zachary, being the immature boy that he is, quickly got bored of looking and decided to find something to do. He soon found a flier talking about the festival on a shop.

A festival? Hmmm....a lot of people go to festivals...Maybe i might even find that girl![/quote]

So he then started searching for the festival grounds.

Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am 
Gym Leader

Faustgy and Mandi

The Gabite roared as the flame orbs made contact and burnt its skin. It moved jumped back a metre and proceeded to use double team, creating multiple copies of itself and increasing its evasion.
The Staraptor saw Pureta’s attack coming, and seeing that a collision was unavoidable altered its path causing the wing attack and iron head collide. Both Pokémon received minor damage from the collision, the Staraptor then switched to using featherdance. Pureta was covered with a mass of own, harshly lowering its attack.
Past the trees smoke was still rising from an apparent fire that had started on the meadow. There was a group of four men with various Pokémon trying to subdue and capture two much smaller Pokémon who appeared to be working together against their foes, despite being outnumbered.

Ryuuko

The helicopter hovered over the pool as a search light shone on the area. A person’s appeared at the side of the helicopter, although they were completely in the shadow of the light. Kai could see him lifting up an object and one by one Kai, her Pokémon and the Dratini were short with a small dart.
Sometime later she awoke in a cell on a bed, there was a small barred window on one wall, the door opposite had a flap down the bottom for food and no handle. There appeared to be a section that could be opened from the outside for someone to look in. Besides the bed there was a small basin in the corner and a chair, besides that the room was completely bare.

Neo and Zfrank

The harbour was already bustling; while the festival had yet to officially start the market was in full swing. The stalls ranged for seafood, and vegies, to flowers and clothing. There was jewellery and even on that had a variety of fudges and nuts seasoned with many different flavours. Moving on from the markets there were games stalls to test your skill and a few rides. Further down there was a large cleared are in front of a stage and some stands well back for those who couldn’t get right up close.

Daniel and Marie explored the markets, Marie and Vulpix trying some of the honey Moroccan cashews and Daniel keeping an eye out in the crowd. While browsing a stall for jewellery the owner, an old man, came over to Marie. “Excuse me miss, do you mind if I take a look at the pendant you have there on your Vulpix.” Marie looked at the pendants and her Vulpix, whome she was carrying, then at the man. I guess it wouldn’t hurt, she thought. “You can look, but I wouldn’t touch it, Vulpix is very protective of it.” She said to him.
“I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with that then” He replied in a jokingly manner “we wouldn’t want this beautiful Vulpix to get her fur all ruffed on such a nice day would we.” He said leaning forwards and taking the best look he could at the pedant. “It’s a very nice design; I’ve only every seen one like it before and only in a book, 'Jewelery of the World' I think it was, there were a few attempts to replicate it, however there was always something about it that couldn’t be copied, but this. . . You wouldn’t happen to be related to a David Green at all would you?” He asked looking at her.
Marie shook her head as she felt Daniel move up behind her. “No, well you two must be the only ones to have such unique pendants, I’d hold onto that if I were you.” He said straightening up as much as he could. “Not that you should have any problems whit your Vulpix watching it.” He said with a smile. “You know, I think I might have something to go with it.” He said going to one of his displays in a case and taking out a necklace. “It’s not quite the same but I think it would suit you quite well” He said showing them a silver necklace with a 5 pointed star pendant.” Marie looked at it, and then up at Daniel who nodded. “Yes please” she said smiling at the man. The then went about the business of purchasing the necklace, at a discounted price, then went on their way.
"Daniel, do you think this David Green could be the one we were told about?" Marie said later once the were alittle way from the jewelery stall.
"It's possible, we'll have to see if we can find that book, 'Jewelery of the World' huh." Daniel replied, "But here would we find something like that?" he said.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:27 pm 
Combusken

Had his attention not been on the ongoing battle, Zether would have made a snarky comment about Louanne’s decision to send Flight with Lothair. As it was, he settled for clicking his tongue in mild annoyance, though it was possible his reaction was caused by the sight of the multiple clones of the landshark. On the other hand, the use of Double Team was evidence that the two trainers had been spied on; the male knew firsthand that Gabites could not learn the move on their own.
“Still, nothing to be concerned about,” Zether muttered as Acerbus backed up a bit, a soft whine emitting from the canine as the Houndoom’s eyes frantically scanned each Gabite, desperately searching for the real one. Noticing the Houndoom’s anxiety, Zether shook his head and sighed.
“Your nose, Acerbus.” At that, the hound relaxed slightly, understanding his trainer was commanding him to use Odor Sleuth. Tilting his head back a little so that his snout was pointing more upward, the Dark Pokemon sniffed the air several times, changing directions every now and then. At one point, the strong scent of the earth hit him. Immediately, Acerbus dropped his head down, a large smirk formed on the canine’s features as he detected the Gabite. His gaze now locked on the real Gabite, Acerbus crouched down, a dark purple-black aura surrounding his body as he prepared for his next move.

Meanwhile, Lothair, hearing the sound of beating wings, hastily turned his head to look back, only to ease up when he realized that it was only Flight following him. The Skarmory gave the older, more experienced bird a nod of acknowledgement, then turned his focus back to the smoke ahead of them. As the two reached the end of the rows of trees, the sight that greeted them made Lothair pull up to a sharp stop, opting to hover in place instead. The Armor Bird Pokemon immediately scanned the scene below him; it appeared that there was another battle here, but with the odds heavily skewed to one side. Lothair hesitated, unsure of what to do. He wasn’t particularly fond of fighting, and his trainer had ordered him to hurry back as soon as the Skarmory found out the cause of the smoke, but it was unlikely that the two small Pokemon, whatever they were, would be able to defend themselves against their numerous opponents much longer. Unable to reach a decision on his own, Lothair glanced over at Flight, as if seeking guidance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 pm 
Egg

"I'm doing well, Mrs. Apple-berry," Aria replied as the day care lady poured them both a cup of honey-sweetened nomel tea, "But who was that man who just left?"
"Oh, ignore that bad man. I don't want to think about him and his outrageous demands right now," Mrs. Apple-berry replied crossly.
Aria wanted to ask her what those "outrageous demands" were, but Mrs. Apple-berry cut her off to exclaim, "Oh, what a darling Azurill! May I see it, please?"
Aria knew Mrs. Apple-berry was trying to change the subject but humored her anyway and handed her the Azurill. While Mrs. Apple-berry cooed at the baby Pokemon, Aria sipped her tea and looked around. A stack of mail sat by the corner of the table, and beneath the envelopes of Pokemail and advertisements from the Lilycove Department Store she spotted a flyer. "Vermillion…" she began to read.
"Come on Aria, I'll take you to see your Pokemon," Mrs. Apple-berry announced, still petting the Azurill which now looked slightly annoyed from being over-petted.

Mrs. Apple-berry led Aria and Azurill outside, and the gentle breeze which blew across fragrant Verdanturf skimmed the grass and rippled the ponds scattered among the day care's fields. Sitting lazily by the edge of one pond was Ethelinda, Aria's Serperior, who seemed engaged in conversation with Aria's Milotic, Serenade. The two looked up as Mrs. Apple-berry and Aria approached them, and with a graceful twist of their undulating bodies came to greet their trainer.
"Hello Ethelinda, Serenade. I see you two are doing well," Aria said while hugging her two Pokemon. "Where are Charlemagne and Fluffa?"
On cue, Charlemagne bounded towards Aria with a "Nine!" while Fluffa drifted down to Aria from the sky. Aria introduced them to the Azurill, and though the Azurill was intimidated at first, the Pokemons' welcoming cries returned the smile to its face, and it bounced around nuzzling the four Pokemon.

As Aria prepared to leave, Mrs. Apple-berry stopped her and handed her four pokeballs.
"Aria dear, take your Pokemon with you. Psh, don't worry about the daycare--" Mrs. Apple-berry waved away Aria's questioning but concerned look--"We have plenty of Pokemon to use besides yours. And be careful on your way back," she cautioned, her tone dead serious.
"I will, but why?" Aria asked with a quizzical expression.
"There's some shady business going on, and I don't like it. Just the other day my niece called me saying her neighbor's daughter has been kidnapped. You be careful, Aria. Be very careful."
"Of course, Mrs. Apple-berry. Thank you," Aria replied dutifully, and thought it strange that so many of the elderly were warning her to be careful over the span of one day. It was more than simply senility could explain.

As she exited the daycare, the Azurill on her shoulder shivered and looked around fearfully, as if it knew some terrible thing awaited them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 pm 
Torchic

When Kai regained consciousness, it didn't take long for her to realize that she was trapped. She approached the single door and pressed her ear to it. Silence. Where was she? Why was she captured? And what about her Pokemon? These thoughts flashed through her mind at an insane speed. Kai turned to the window, but it was too high for her to see out of. She dragged the lone chair over and stood on the seat, ignoring the groaning creak it gave in protest to her weight. She looked out the window to see grass. Her little cell was underground, but at least she could sort of see what was going on. She hopped off the chair and flopped back onto the lumpy bed she'd woken up on.
"What to do? What to do?" she whispered.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:06 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Qutar and Knight almost couldn't believe their eyes when they got to the festival site. Qutar had been to a few in the past but nothing like what he saw now. It had also been a while since he really attended one. He seemed to always have a nack of arriving before one and couldn't stay for it or just after one had been over. But for now they were taking in the sites. Qutar stopped over at the venders who were selling the various types of nuts. Knowing how well Crow loved nuts he made sure to get enough to last awhile but not over burden him as well. He also got some other food, despite just having eaten at the poke center. That was one quality he liked, eating a ton and no weight gain. He was now just wondering around waiting for the offical start and wondering if he wanted to enter any of the compatitions that were going to happen. The gym badge can wait for now. As he was walking he could of sworn he saw that girl with the vulpix among the crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm 
Random Trainer

Louanne clicked her tongue in annoyance as her Aerodactyl somehow managed to squirm around while staying in the air, snapping playfully at the downward-drifting feathers around him. "Stay focused, Putera!" she called, a little exasperated that he was actually enjoying the Featherdance attack. "Let that bird know you can't be fazed by just that. And uh, stop trying to eat that stuff!" Putera made a disappointed kind of whine and spat out a mouthful of down. He flashed a grin at his Staraptor opponent, then performed a backward flip. As he returned to his original position, the ground beneath them shook slightly, looking as though something were trying to push through the surface. A split second later, sharp fragments of stone burst upward from directly below the Staraptor, moving toward it at high speed.

(That's Stone Edge, by the way.)

Flight took in the scene quickly, glancing at each of the combatants and then back at Lothair. He was, likewise, hovering in place, slightly closer to the scene than the Skarmory. The situation didn't look good for the two apparently-wild Pokemon, but he didn't think it would be a good idea to attack the four trainers at once, either. Especially not with Lothair looking like he was about to have a nervous breakdown. The Pidgeot narrowed his eyes, calculating, then uttered a rapid series of chirps in an urgent tone. He jerked his head toward the two small Pokemon to let his partner know who he was referring to, then shook out his head feathers and took a deep breath.
Opening his beak wide, Flight screeched loudly down at the four trainers. Before they had any chance to look up at him, he dropped into a steep dive, rushing at their Pokemon. He flared his wings and made a sharp turn upward just short of one trainer's head, nearly bowling him over with the tailwind, then spun around and flapped his wings hard, generating a Whirlwind. He launched the spinning wind funnel at some of the other Pokemon, trying his best to distract the humans from their intended targets.

Lothair squawked in surprise at Flight’s plan. Before the Skarmory could protest, the Pidgeot had already made his move, leaving the astonished Lothair behind. Even so, Lothair still hesitated. What if the two Pokemon were hostile?
The Armor Bird quickly shook off his worries when Flight attempted to fight off the humans’ Pokemon with a Whirlwind; it was either now or never. With a deep breath to calm himself, Lothair dove down toward the two Pokemon. When he was a few feet above the two, close enough to see and communicate with them properly, he quickly stopped his descent, hovering in place once more. This way, it was easier for him to counter any attacks that might be aimed at him, and he wouldn’t have to stay too close to the Pokemon. The Skarmory made a questioning sound, turning his head to point his beak at the humans, then back at the two Pokemon.

((I am Faus, and I am invading Mandi’s post. Fear me. Oh, and just to clarify, at the last part, Lothair is more or less asking the two Pokemon what’s going on.))

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 am 
Pokémon Champion

Qutar decided to try some of the games, granted any prize he got would either have to be small or he would have to ship home. He had never done any of the games associated with festivals. Granted until today he never had really been to one either. The first one he came to was knock down bottles with a ball. "Sounds easy enough," said Qutar to himself. After all, he had fairly good aim with a pokeball to begin with. He paid the man and got 3 balls. Picking one up, he took careful aim and threw. His aim was a tad off and he only took out the top bottle. "Well, here goes #2," he said to himself. The secound toss was on the mark and he took out the other 2 bottles. He picked his prize and decided to see if there were other games that struck his intrest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 pm 
Combusken

Zachary continued along the festival path, really just wandering around looking at the different rides and games. Because he didn't have that much pocket money, he decided he would wait it out and see what part of the festival he wanted to experience the most. That is, until something shiny caught his eye. It was an ultra ball sitting up on the top shelf of a booth. He walked up slowly toward the counter, and asked what kind of game it was. "Well young lad! This be a balloon poppin' game! You throw a dart, and try to hit a balloon. The smaller the balloon, the better the prize! It be 5 Pokedollars to play." Zachary wanted that ultra ball, and at this point, he was beyond the point of no return.

"Deal me up!" He said as he handed in 5 pokedollars. The man put three darts down on the table, each glistening as if they had been polished furiously. He picked up the first dart, and aimed for the smallest balloon on the board. The first time he threw it, he was off by quite a lot. "Darn." He mumbled to himself. He picked up the second dart, threw it, and this time it landed just a tiny bit off from the balloon. Zachary was in full concentration at this point. He picked up his third and final dart. He almost jumped a bit as he threw his final dart. It hit nowhere near the intended target. "Darn it! Alright, deal me in again! This Time I'm gonna get it!"

This continued on for quite some time...

Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3