It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Guardian Nine
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 am 
Gym Leader

So New pokemon RP! Yay! I figured I'd give it a go since it's KOTF. I shall post my character profs in acouple days. Any questions feel free to ask.

Many legends, histories and mysteries surround the Pokemon world. Some were wildly known, some less so. However there's one legend that that barely a whisper is heard. It's said it originated from a sailor who had gotten lost at sea. He told of an island he washed ashore on during a storm and of the people who rescued him. It's said the island lay somewhere south of Kanto and Jhoto, the exact location being unknown.
He told those he met of the island, the peoples kindness and their own history. Atop the dormant volcano there was a shrine, said to be the entrance to a temple where a great evil was sealed away in ages past.
Guarding this temple was a Ninetails, who was believed to posses the spirits of nine fallen sages who had attempted to destroy the evil. But during the precess they were interrupted by a lone Pokemon, a Vulpix, which had come to help, it had fallen from a cliff and interrupted the ritual. And instead of destroying the evil it was sealed away.
The spirits of the sages - their body's having been destroyed - descended on the Vulpix as it cried, apologizing and wanting to help. They saw that it had intended no harm and had meant only good, so they joined with it, causing the Vulpix to evolve into a Ninetails with a Silver sheen and many coloured tails.
Till this day and many more, it guards the temple from those who would release the evil.

As time went on, technology advanced, and humans explored the world in which they lived. A once isolated island was slowly becoming more well know as a tropical paradise and began to attract those going on holidays, and became a popular stop for cruise ships.
The people's one village flourished with the times, while still managing to keep their heritage and traditions. While most of visitors only learned of the islands history on their first visit, there were a few who had heard a garbled tale. One of those few was a young scientist, as he listened to the stories of the villagers he became more interested, and made his way up to the shrine everyday for nine days and studied it, though there was not much there. On the ninth day he found the concealed entrance spoken on in the legend. Young and foolish as he was he entered and came under the wraith of the guarding Ninetails.
Though somehow he managed to quell the Ninetails fury and made friends with it, the Ninetails enjoyed having someone to talk to the the scientist enjoyed listening, as much as the Ninetails enjoyed hearing of the world beyond its temple and the island. Eventually the time came when he had to go, while the parting was sad, though they knew it much be so. The Ninetails gave his newfound friend a gift, a nine pointed star pendant with gems of nine different colours – grey, brown, red, pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and gold – matching the colours of his tails to take with him.

***50 years later/ Present***

A roar shook the island as a cloud of smoke billowed from the tops of the mountain. The villagers were aroused from their sleep as sirens echoed around the buildings. The glow of fire emitted from the top of the mountain as curious people looked up, wondering what happened. Those who were watching all said the same thing, as the smoke from the fires rose the swore that the saw eight coloured lights rise up from the volcano top and fly north and disappeared into the night.
Those who worked the rest of the night to put out the fires could only say that some kind of battle had happened and a crater of some sort was found on the mountain side.
Those who were visiting had the tale to tell to their family and friends when they returned. However those who lived and grew up on the island felt a knot in their stomachs form as the looked up towards the shrine and wondered if something for the worse had happened.

Character Profiles

Okay so heres the template, for the virtues, at the moment one per person, you can have more then one character if you wish.

Name:
Home Town:
Region:
Virtue: Pick one; Truth, Strength, Love, Wisdom, Serenity, Kinship, Freedom, and Honour.
Appearance: Looks, and attire.
Personality:
Pokemon: (Your main team, you can of course switch pokemon around)
Text:

Edit for characters:

Name: Daniel
Home Town: Asama
Region: N/A
Virtue:
Appearance: Daniel has dark brown hair and copper eyes, an olive complexion, is 6”3’ tall and is lean and slightly muscular. He usually wears long cargo pants in greens, browns and blacks and black or blue shirts, with black sneakers.
Personality: Daniel is fairly critical and prefers to think things through befor committing himself, he worries about everyone around him and can often see the danger or potential danger in any situation, although this comes from his tendency to try and prevent anyone from being hurt.
Pokemon: Charizard, Lapras, Gloom, Flaffy, Houndour
Text: Red

Name: Marie
Home Town: Asama
Region: N/A
Virtue: Courage
Appearance: Marie has short light-brown hair and copper eyes. She stands at 4”5’ and has a rather slim figure. Her complexion is a dark olive with a few light freckles along her nose and cheeks. She normally wears long billowy skirts in bright colours with short sleeved shirts and sandals.
Personality: Marie is usually cheerful and helpful, she spends most of her time at the pokemon centre and dreams on being a nurse one day. She is fairly headstrong and often goes ahead and does things without thinking of the consequences.
Pokemon: Vulpix
Text: Pink

That spikes you when you pick it up

Last edited by Kaida on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Guardian Nine
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 am 
Pokémon Champion

Name: Qutar Zanther
Home Town: Ecruteak City
Region: Johto
Virtue: Pick one: Freedom
Appearance: He keeps his black hair long most of the time, though he will sometimes cut it to the top of his shirt but normally it's around mid back length. Wears black shirt and pants during the colder months and a White T-shirt with three yellow triangles in the center with blue jean shorts for the summer months or warmer regions (his current outfit). He has both a Pokenav and Poketec devices on him.
Personality: Care free and shy most of the time. But can get passionite when need be.
Pokemon: Ghost (Gengar), Psy (Alakazam), Crow ( Honchkrow), Knight (Bisharp), Toxicroak, and Puff (Dragonair)
Text: Purple

Last edited by Neo Zanther on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm 
Combusken

I'm just going to reuse my main Pokemon character, since I haven't RPed him in a while. That, and I can shamelessly copy/paste his profile.
Quick warning: Chances are, this guy will insult other characters. If you happen to be the victim, don't take it personally; it's just how I RP this guy. I'm already toning him down as much as I possibly can without making him out of character.

Edit: Found the drawing my friend, Mohja of Deviantart/Tumblr, drew for me and added it.

Name: Zether Leon Reed
Home Town: Goldenrod City
Virtue: Strength
Appearance: Zether stands roughly at 5'9" and keeps his black hair down to mid-neck level. His bangs stop just right above his eyebrows, and his eyes are a dark shade of brown and could easily be mistaken for black if the lighting is right. His new attire consists of a white T-shirt and black pair of windpants that reach his foot, leaving only his black and white running shoes visible. He is often found with a matching black windbreaker with red linings on. He also keeps two items with him at all time, namely his old Magma emblem and a lighter, in the pocket of his jacket. He also wears a regular brown belt, where he keeps his Pokeballs and Pokegear clipped. His Pokegear is black and red.
Personality: A rather distrusting and anti-social individual, Zether, by default, despises others and treats nearly everyone else with cynical contempt. Not one who likes leaving his job unfinished, Zether is willing to use almost any means to achieve his goal. As a result, he often comes off as a jerk, especially with his reluctance to become close to anyone. But every now and then, when someone involuntarily gains his respect, he subconsciously becomes rather attached to that person. That doesn't necessarily mean that he'd be much more agreeable, though.
Pokemon: Lothair (♂ Skarmory), Acerbus (♂ Houndoom), Varel (♂ Garchomp), Taira (♀ Gardevoir), Rion (♂ Typhlosion)
Text: Dim Grey (696969)

Last edited by Faustgy on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm 
Blaziken

Retracting my claim on "Wisdom", decided not to join this one. Sorry!

Last edited by Blivsey on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Random Trainer

Hm, as much as I want to introduce some variety as far as home region goes, we need some girls in here.

Name: Louanne Elanor Diaz
Home Town: New Bark Town
Virtue: Truth
Appearance: Louanne is 5'10" and has green eyes and hip-length blond hair, swept back, with two locks on either side of her head dyed red and brushed in front of her ears. Many people have compared her hairstyle to the head feathers of a Pidgeot, an observation which she has not yet refuted. She wears a white v-neck short-sleeved shirt, blue denim capris, white socks, and white sneakers. She keeps all of her Pokemon and items in a yellow bag over her right hip, positioned within easy reach of her hand.
Personality: A bit of a happy-go-lucky, friendly individual, Louanne often tries to befriend those she comes across. Although she usually has a cheerful disposition, her attitude can change extremely quickly once faced with adversity, especially in the form of criminal Team members. She dislikes battling competitively and sticks to challenging only gym leaders and their junior trainers, but if she finds herself in a fight against anyone from any Team, she shows no mercy.
Pokemon: Waterblast (male Feraligatr), Flight (male Pidgeot), Denryu (female Ampharos), Putera (male Aerodactyl), Hali (female Gardevoir), Chandelure (male, not yet nicknamed)
Text: Dark Blue

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:07 am 
Egg

Hi, I'm new to RPing but it sounds fun! Here goes:

Name: Aria Florentine
Home Town: Verdanturf
Region: Hoenn
Virtue: Serenity
Appearance: Aria has violet eyes and shoulder-length light, sandy hair. She commonly wears a long dress and sandals, and a light jacket if Verdanturf happens to be a bit breezy. She is not very tall, around 5 feet.
Personality: As a result of her upbringing in arguably the sleepiest town in all of Hoenn, Aria is a rather quiet and gentle individual. Her speech is characteristically soft considering that her peers are retirement home residents instead of boisterous adolescents. As a result, she can't understand the fast-paced speech spouted by city kids and is slow to pick up on sarcasm, if she picks up on it at all. Fortunately, her steady nature also means that she will be kind to others despite their rudeness to her, and she will remain calm and collected in dire situations.
Pokemon: Evelinda (Serperior), Serenade (Milotic), Charlemagne (Ninetales), Fluffa (Drifblim)
Text: Lavender

Last edited by Isis on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm 
Pokémon Master

Dis profile will be more simple than my previous ones, probably.

Name: Layne Starr
Home Town: Jubilife
Region: Sinnoh
Virtue: Kinship
Appearance: He's about 5'10 and is rather skinny. He's often seen wearing sunglasses (even when it's not bright), a black leather jacket, and jeans. He also has short, curly blonde hair, but it doesn't look like he washes it very often. He keeps his Pokemon on his studded belt, which he keeps hidden from time to time.
Personality: He's rather the anti-social kind of person, with only a handful of friends. He's been struggling with depression and angst all his life, but tries to hide his emotions. When he's not battling, he's often found in a bar drinking and smoking. He also seems to go from city to city in search of something interesting to look at in life.
Pokemon: Amatsu (female Tyranitar), Venus (female Lanturn), Mercurius (male Hitmontop), Oz (male Gliscor), Pisces (Heat Rotom), Hannibal (male Skarmory)
Text: Black

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 pm 
Pokémon Legend

So I didn't think I was gonna join, then I realized I couldn't pass up a chance at a new RP!

Name: Lily Skye Anderson
Home Town: Ecruteak City
Virtue: Wisdom.
Appearance: Looks, and attire: Lily stands about 5' 2". She has long, naturally light-brown hair that she dyed dark brown with some light blue streaks. Often, she wears a flower in her hair, of varying colours. She alwas wears make-up, and her attire is generally darker colours. Often, she wears dark-blue jeans and a black (or similarly dark coloured) tank top. She has a silver necklace that she always wears, and often a bracelet adorns her wrist. Her ears are pierced in two places, and she often wears sapphire earrings.
Personality: Growing up, Lily used to be a goody-two-shoes, top-of-the-class student. However, she slowly became disillusioned with the world around her and eventually stopped caring. When she turned 17, her family moved to Ecruteak and she decided this was a good chance to change who she was. Discarding everything she'd worked for before, she introduced herself as "Skye" (her middle name) to everyone. While she didn't completely give up on school, she ceased studying and became average. When not in school, she spends her time outside and alone, often with a drink or two. She doesn't consider herself to be depressed, just apathetic.
Pokemon: Will edit later.
Text: Metallic blue or teal or whatever

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:01 am 
Gym Leader

So I was going to start this, then I noticed we have both Blivsey and Saber wanting wisdom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am 
Combusken

((
Blivsey wrote:
Retracting my claim on "Wisdom", decided not to join this one. Sorry!

Actually, Blivsey had edited his post, saying that he changed his mind.

Oh, and I had a question.
What's your policy on the number of moves each Pokemon can have? In some of the Pokemon RPs I've been in, each Pokemon was allowed only four moves. In others, Pokemon keep all the moves that they have learned before, but in formal trainer battles, tournaments, etc., each Pokemon can use up to four different moves.

Sorry for posting OOC, but it doesn't seem like there was an OOC thread for this RP yet.))

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:33 pm 
Gym Leader

((Okay, sorry thats my fault, I was in a rush and didn't see that Blisvey had changed his post.

As for the pokemon moves, they can learn more then 4 moves, however only 4 different moves can be used per battle. I thinks thats what we decided on in the other rp, and it seems like the best way to do things.))

A light sea breeze helped to cool those at the harbour on the sunny day. A cruise ship pulled into port and passengers could be seen on the balcony’s and top watching the ship come in. Marie leaned on the railings looking out at the large city, a little overwhelmed by it all. A silver nine-pointed star pendant hung around her neck as a Vulpix jumped onto the table and leaned its chip onto the railing.
“This is it Vulpix, now we officially start our search.” She said with an agreement from the Vulpix agreed. She stroked Vulpix as the new sun’s rays slowly began to light up the city, already there was movement around the harbour. People heading to work and out for the days fishing.
The two companions watched as the cruise ship workers docked the ship properly and began unloading the passenger’s luggage. Suddenly there was a loud thud from inside the cabin “Marie!” A voice shouted out, startling the two city-gazers. Vulpix jumped off the table as Marie quickly moved to open the door to the cabin. “Daniel? Are you okay?” She asked seeing her older brother who was sprawled on the floor tangled in his sheets, her question being echoed by Vulpix.
“I’m fine, but what were you doing out there? I told you it was dangerous on the balcony, you could fall off!” Daniel said as she untangled himself, got up and made sure the door was firmly closed.
“I’m fine, Vulpix was with me, and that’s what the railings are for.” Marie replied sitting on her bed with Vulpix jumping onto her lap. Daniel remained silent they’d already had this conversation many times on their trip here. “Come on, grab the rest of your stuff, we should get going.” He said fixing his bed sheets and gathering his belongings.
And hour later they had finally gotten through the hassle of leaving the ship and were headed into the city, after getting directions they eventually found the local pokemon centre, left what they didn’t need and promptly began to explore the city.

((Let’s get this started shall we ^_^. So introduce your characters, they don’t have to be in Vermilion City, it just seemed like a good starting point for my characters. You can start of anywhere in Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh. ))

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm 
Combusken

He couldn’t help it; one of his eyebrows just involuntarily twitched at the news. Beside him, his Houndoom quickly glanced up, then subtly shifted a bit farther away, sensing the trainer’s irritation. Despite his own apprehension, the canine couldn’t help but snicker quietly at his trainer’s predicament as the revelation hit Zether.
He really should have foreseen this.

With a frustrated sigh, Zether ran one hand through his hair, making it more unkempt than it had already been, as he reviewed the events that led up to his current situation. First and foremost, Xerxes had given him a call. That much was obvious. What was a bit unusual was that the other male had insisted that Zether accompany him to the Trainer Tower on the Sevii Islands. For what reasons, Zether honestly couldn’t recall- he hadn’t been listening carefully, and Xerxes had blabbed nonsense for most of the conversation anyway- but the wandering Trainer had given in for the sake of something to do and to shut up Xerxes. And Zether was absolutely certain that Xerxes had agreed to meet right in front of the entrance to the Trainer Tower.

Yet, his so-called “friend” was nowhere in sight, and it was already far past their agreed meeting time. Someone else was, though, and this certain “someone” had given the young man just enough information to piece the puzzle together and figure out what was going on.

“Well,” he finally spoke after a period of silence, fighting to keep his voice fairly even and the irritation out of his voice, “this is just delightful.” One hand reached up to cover his face as he bit back a second sigh. Under his breath, the dark-haired male muttered, “He’s dead the next time I see him.”

“Let me clear this up for you, then,” Zether announced, dropping his hand as he sent a glare at the blonde he was facing. “Xerxes set us both up.” At that, Acerbus couldn’t hold back an amused snort, which was quickly cut off as soon as Zether nudged him roughly with one foot. Acerbus let out a whine in protest, only to be ignored. Arms now crossed to express that he was hardly happy with the new arrangement, the trainer continued, “He knows full well that we do not get along, and quite honestly, this seems to be exactly something he'd find highly amusing. After all, I'm sure neither of us would agree to work with each other again, ‘Heroine Louanne’.”

((So because Mandi's character is already familiar with mine, we more or less decided to collaborate on our introductions.))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:33 am 
Egg

Knock knock.
"Just a minute!" a voice muffled behind the door called out. After literally a minute's worth of waiting, a slightly chubby elderly woman opened the door. "Why, hello Aria! My, how you've grown! I do believe you get taller every day. Well, what brings you here?"
"Hello Mrs. Poffin," Aria returned with a smile. She was used to getting these kinds of remarks from the elderly and learned not to bother reminding them that she hadn't grown an inch since she was thirteen. "I heard Mr. Poffin wasn't feeling too well, so I baked him some cookies."
"Oh, what a dear! Yes, I'm afraid he's feeling a little down. But these cookies are sure to cheer him right up! In fact, why don't you give these to him yourself. Come in, come in."
Aria followed Mrs. Poffin inside, upstairs, and into a room where she saw Mr. Poffin gazing intently at what seems to be an old photo.
"Delivery for the ailing!" Mrs. Poffin announced.
"Are you sick, Mr. Poffin?" Aria asked with concern.
"Aye, if you mean worried sick," Mr. Poffin replied with a weary sigh. "Did you hear about the fire on that island south of Johto?"
"Oh yes, I've seen the news. But if I remember correctly, no one was hurt," Aria responded.
"No, no one was...or at least not yet…" Mr. Poffin muttered darkly.
Aria gave him a startled look. "Whatever do you mean?"
"He's been mumbling distressing things ever since we heard about that fire," Mrs. Potts remarked on the side, shaking her head and looking perplexed.
"I just can't shake this ominous feeling that something terrible is about to happen," Mr. Poffin attempted to explain. "When you've been living in one place long enough, you develop a connection with the land and its residents. You know when something is wrong, even if you can't quite place your finger on it. And I know, even though I'm not there right now, I know something is very, very wrong."
"That's enough out of you. Stop scaring the poor girl and eat your cookies," Mrs. Poffin interrupted sternly and planted the bag of cookies in his hands. "Come with me, Aria. Leave that old man to his brooding."
"Don't worry too much, Mr. Poffin, or your ulcer will come back," Aria told him as Mrs. Poffin led her out of the room.
"Take care, Aria," Mr. Poffin said, and Aria could see he seriously meant every word.

((Hopefully this is okay. I didn't introduce any of her pokemon because I wasn't sure how long the intro could be and didn't want it to be too long, but I might add more in an edit or later post. Looking forward to everyone's intros!))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 am 
Random Trainer

(Yep. Because collaboration totally means setting our characters at each other's throats right from the beginning! :D )

Standing across from Zether, her arms folded over her chest and with her weight mostly on one leg, Louanne glared back at the slightly shorter, dark-clothed adolescent before her. If either of them had cared to notice, this put her in an unintentionally similar posture as her target of mutual displeasure. Choosing to ignore the mocking prefix to her name, she swatted a strand of red-dyed hair away from her face. "You would know the answer to that without even having to ask," she responded disdainfully. "Although, considering the events of the past two years, I wouldn't be too surprised if we were forced to cooperate again in some kind of...unfortunate circumstances."
She shot a sideways glance at her Pidgeot, who was standing serenely some distance away and carefully not looking at either of them. Keeping her eyes on the majestic bird, she opened her mouth to say something, then paused and closed it again. Eventually, she muttered, "And if you're going to kick Xerxes or something, I would almost thank you for it." The Pidgeot made a small sound. His trainer frowned, but made no comment as he proceeded to calmly begin preening one wing.

(...That felt really short. ;;; )

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm 
Torchic

Kai was lounging on a pool raft, dazing as her Pokemon frolicked in the water around her. It was great, having some time to relax. She's taken a tour around Johto after having been out of the battling circuit for a couple years. Her Pokemon had become restless, so she'd headed out again, just to see how much better she could get. Feraligatr came out of the water, leaping over Kai's raft and splashed back into the pool. Golduck's tail slappedn against the raft bottom and Kai tumbled into the pool.
She resurfaced and glared at Golduck who looked sheepish. Her hair hung around her face, the braid floating behind her. The porch door opened and her mother stood out on the deck, holding a phone.
"Kai, you have a phone call from Professor Elm," she called. Kai paddled to the edge of the pool and hauled herself out of the water. Dripping across the deck, she snagged a towel and took the phone from her mother while rubbing the towel over her hair.
"So, what can I do for you Professor?" she asked. It was odd that the professor was calling her. There were so many trainers out there, why her?
"Hello Kai, I know that you're taking a bit of a vacation right now, but I do have a favor to ask of you," the professor said.
"Okay, what's up?"
"There is an island I would like you to investigate for me, if you don't mind."
"Island?"
"Yes, an island. There are many mysteries surrounding it, it's currently a rather popular resort now."
"I'm more than willing to do this for you Professor, but why me?" Kai asked.
"Out of all the trainers I've met, I believe that you are the best for this particular job," he insisted, "I would go myself, but I'm positively swamped."
"Okay Professor, I'll go. Where should I start?" Kai asked.
"I do believe that you can get to the island fastest from Vermilion City. I'd suggest heading out as soon as possible. Like I said, the island is a popular resort and with it being middle summer, the place will be packed."
"Okay, I'll be on my way by the end of the week. Thank you for a opportunity Professor," Kai said.
"It's no problem. Good luck Kai," Professor Elm said before hanging up. Kai handed the phone to her mother and turned to face the pool. Ampharos opened her eyes and looked at her trainer from her spot beneath the lemon tree in the garden.
"Who's up for an adventure?" Kai asked with a grin. Cheers from her Pokemon rose up. Kai turned back to her mother, still grinning. "I know you wanted me to stay at home a while longer, but Professor Elm has a mission for me."
"I knew that when you decided to be a trainer, this would happen. I don't really like it, but I accept it. Be careful sweetie," her mother said. Kai nodded and ran back into the house to dress, leaving her Pokemon to enjoy the time they still had at home.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next