It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

(Don't worry, Kaida! You're not late at all. ;-\)

"I sure was, bro." Neil said quietly. He was quite suprised that this guy referred to him as Mr. Lyons rather than his first name. The boy standing in front of him seemed a bit nervous approaching him, and so he decided just to be nice. Neil also found it rather awkward about that hat he was wearing, too. He stood up straight and walked up to David, and shook his hand in a cool but rather awkward fashion. "I'm surprised a Hufflepuff knows my name. You must be David Huang. Nice to meet you." Neil smiled a little bit upon meeting this new friend. By looking at David's expression on his face, he seemed to be the shy type of guy. Lance, also being apart of Hufflepuff, knew about all the students from his house. Not only that, Lance even memorized the grades they were in.

"In case you're wondering, I happen to know you through my brother, who knows just about every fellow in his house. Do you happen to know Lance Lyons, by any chance?" Neil lowered his hand and turned his head back to the Headmistress' Office, scratching his head. "Yep, I was summoned by the Headmistress, too. In all my seven years of being here at Hogwarts, I never got the chance to see her." He turned back to him. "I guess we'll just be chilling here until she answers her door. I've been waiting about eight minutes already. So do you happen to know why we were summoned here out of the blue?" Neil said with a confused expression.

(Edited my previous post to add a little more meat and depth to it.)

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Metalheadz on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 am 
Pokémon Legend

Still wondering why the Headmistress would want to see her, Aderyn wandered the halls, a quizzical frown on her face. In her own little world, she wasn't really paying much attention to where she was going, and she was relatively surprised that her feet managed to take her to the entrance to Professor Weasley's office despite the fact that her mind was elsewhere.

When she arrived, she noticed that two other boys were already there (Strange, she mentally noted, It seems that the Headmistress has called other students,). One seemed somewhat familiar (a Quidditch player, perhaps? She really had a bad habit of ignoring every other player when she was on the pitch) and the other, in his white silk hat, was completely unfamiliar.

A small, polite smile crossed her features, and she dipped her head in acknolwedgement of the other two students. Deciding that anything beyond that greeting was not necessary, she simply took to waiting alongside the two others.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:23 pm 
Mew

((I just noticed something. The teacher list doesn't say who the head of each house is. That'd be useful to know.))

((Note on the wording in my post... Trying to should British here. Going by the books, people tend to call each other by their last name unless they know them fairly well, so I'm sticking with that too.))

"Oi Neil!" Mace called as he walked up behind the group. "Didn't expect to see you here, mate. Or anyone else for that matter. With this crowd, I guess the Professor didn't call me here to congratulate me on the last quidditch game." He paused for a moment to study the other two then grinned. "Not that I mind the company, especially with you here, Mclean." he grinned at Emily. "What do you say that we have a little quidditch practice after this, just the two of us?"

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 am 
Pokémon Master

((Didn't think the teacher affiliation would be too important for this RP, but might as well add it. Also, Josiah, Kaida hasn't posted her intro yet, so I wouldn't assume she's waiting at the door with us. Though you can start flirting with her once she does make her intro.))

Neil noticed up ahead in the hallways an attractive blond girl, probably from Ravenclaw, heading up the hallway. He watched her quietly standing beside him and David. Neil quickly swayed the front of his hair back a little, trying to look better for her. He knew a lot of Ravenclaw girls, but this one didn't seem too familiar. Did she play Quidditch? he thought. If yes, she was probably that fine-looking beater on their team.

"Hey, good-lookin'." Neil said softly to her, trying keep his cool not to make a false move. She appeared to be two years at Hogwarts below him, but she looked much prettier than most other Ravenclaw girls he knew. Neil leaned against the wall with his hand and tilted his head slightly. "I don't suppose you were summoned by the Headmistress, too? Looks like we have a Ravenclaw joining the party now--!" Neil was suddenly interrupted when he heard Mace's voice coming down the hallway from behind. Even still, Aderyn didn't seem to say a word.

"Oi, bloody 'ell! Didn't expect to find you in this neck of the woods, Mace!" Neil walked up to him and high-fived him. "Y'know, now that you mention it, Proffesor Weasley might be giving out big awards for the lot of us. I bet we're getting inducted into the Hogwarts Quidditch Hall of Fame! Wouldn't that be lovely? Bugger if I know." Neil laughed, patted Mace on the back, and folded his arm around his friend's neck. "I wonder what the others will be getting." Neil said and smiled towards David and Aderyn with a thumbs-up.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:45 am 
Combusken

((Forget studying! I’m posting!))

David blinked in vague surprise when Neil suddenly grabbed his hand in a handshake, then raised an eyebrow quizzically when the older male seemed to recognize him. Outside of his own House, David wasn’t really all that well-known. Before he had a chance to ask, Neil had already answered his mental question.

“Ah, I see,” the Hufflepuff student replied, his words coming slowly, as if he was thinking. “Lance Lyons… Yes, I do believe he’s in my year. We’ve shared some of the same classes, but I don’t think we’ve interacted much otherwise.” While he continued mulling over that thought, two other students arrived- both of them also Quidditch players. How anyone could enjoy flying so far off the ground at breakneck speed, he would never fathom.

Left to his own devices as Neil greeted Mace, the teen took his spot against the wall next to the door, jostling his bag with his movement. He could feel one strand of his hair being tugged harshly, but he ignored the sensation. Instead, as he kept his eyes on the interaction between both of Gryffindor’s Chasers, frowning a little at how much noise they were making in the halls, he addressed the Ravenclaw student.

“And good afternoon to you, Miss Byrnson,” he greeted quietly, noting that she had yet to speak. Just as with Neil, David had only identified her from the Quidditch matches he had witnessed. “You are Ravenclaw’s Beater, am I correct?” At his question, he turned his head to face her in order to see his reaction. “I am David Huang, a sixth year Hufflepuff student.” He fell silent after that, not knowing how to properly initiate a conversation about anything that wasn't related to school.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 am 
Gym Leader

((Problem solved, not that it was much of a problem. ^_^))

Emily cleaned the dirt out from one of her fingernails as she paused in writing down the chapters she needed to read befor the next lesson in he diary. She still couldn't understand how she ended up with dirt under her nails when she'd been wearing gloves the whole lesson.
"Everyone got that? Class dismissed." Professor Longbottom said as everyone grabbed their bags and and made their way out of the greenhouse and trough the grounds to the entrance hall.
"And Miss Mclean" He said making Emily pause on her way to the door. She looked over at him "Yes Professor?" She asked. "The Headmistress would like to see you, please go to her office immediately, also great work today." He continued.
Emily smiled at his comment "Thank you Professor" She said befor continuing on her way, heading to the Headmistresses office instead of the Ravenclaw tower. What could the head mistress want with me, she pondered as she made her way. She found a group already at the entrance including Aderyn. Once she got closer she said "Hey Aderyn, nice to see you here" She said greeting her fellow beater. She looked at the two boys who were also there and recognized one as Neil Lyons from the Gryffindoor Team and the other as David Huang from Hufflepuff.
She was then distracted as another joined them. She smiled at Mace as he joined them, though raised an eyebrow at his suggestion. "Only if you wish to receive a broken nose." She began "With just the two of us you'd be my only target for the bludgers." Although she hadn't spent much time off the field with Mace she didn't mind him, how ever she couldn't tell how serious he was as he was know to be a ladies man, and replied as such. If she knew he was serious the situation may have been different.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:58 pm 
Mew

((Oops, sorry about that. I was intending to talk to Saber's character but got her mixed up with Kaida's. :smack: Thanks for the save.))

Mace paused for a moment, trying to come up with a good response. "I was thinking more along the lines of tandem practice. You and me, flying side by side, racing towards the goal... I'm sure you'd have no trouble protecting me from a bludger or two while I get into scoring position. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time later. Not expecting this meeting to take too long. I mean, it's not like we're in trouble or anything. Not with the whole lot of us here."

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:47 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Aderyn raised an eyebrow slightly at the Gryffindor's rather forward approach. She wasn't much for small talk (or talking in general, really) and, as such, she was completely lost to the world of flirting, so she was relieved when the boy was distracted by the arrival of his friend.

Second, the strangely-hatted boy approached her. “And good afternoon to you, Miss Byrnson. You are Ravenclaw’s Beater, am I correct?” She gave a small nod of acknowledgement. “I am David Huang, a sixth year Hufflepuff student.”

Again, she dipped her head in acknowledgement. "Nice to meet you, Mister Huang," she said, speaking for the first time since her arrival. She waited for him to continue, but he did not, and she had no intention of doing so, so she simply continued standing around politely.

A ghost of a smile crossed Aderyn's face as she saw Emily approaching. Now this was someone she knew. "Hello, very nice to see you," she said softy to Ravenclaw's other beater with a slight dip of her head.

((Derp. I didn't realize what I was in for when I decided to make her a quiet character. Yeesh. Contrast to Lydia much?))

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 am 
Gym Leader

Emily looked at Mace, "I'll pass thanks, it's nice to know that you have a good imagination though." She moved to stand next to Aderyn as she brushed her fringe out of her eye's, her hair was held up by a clip today, because of the length of her hair the last 10 inches of it came out of the top of the clip and flowed over it making the clip itself barely visible. "How's classes going Aderyn?" She asked as she pulled her small diary out of her pocket and flicked through the pages.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 pm 
Combusken

((I don’t know if we were waiting for anyone/anything in particular. If we were, then I apologize, but I decided to post because I would be sad if this RP died a premature death. That, and I had an urge to go on a little posting spree.))

Another student, another Quidditch player. David was beginning to feel slightly uneasy; the others at least had someone else from the same House, and all four of them at least shared the same love of Quidditch. One eyebrow twitched in mild irritation. Were all male Quidditch players as rowdy as Neil and Mace? At the very least, the girls were displaying a more proper conduct. Adjusting his glasses as he regained his composure, the Hufflepuff of the group cleared his throat.

“If you are all done greeting each other and…flirting so shamelessly,” the sixth year student announced, giving Mace an especially disapproving look, “I would like to propose that we no longer keep the Headmistress waiting.” At that, he pivoted smartly on one foot, stopping only when he was facing the door. Without waiting for the others’ input, David rapped his knuckles exactly three times on the wood, the sound echoing in the hall.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2