It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Pokemon Legends
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:26 am 
Blaziken

(( Haha. Hahahaha. The meeting actually having come to a point went completely went over my head. I guess that's what I'm like, though, I phase things out. ))

Crimson shuddered. He knew the two of them were pretty much inseparable at this point, but to think... Would someone really, truly abuse Shaymin for their own gain? He had seen members of Aqua several times in Hoenn, and generally despised what they had done... then again, the first time he had seen them, it was when their Leader had stolen something from atop Mt. Pyre. That was where and when he met Rean... Crimson had to shake his mind free. Now was a terrible time to relive that night. But he had never quite expected Aqua to kill...

He greatly, truly wished Lydia to shut up; she was spouting all sorts of "if I was them, I would do this!" theories, and it wasn't helping in the slightest. And generally, "working on" meant "prototypes"... is this why not every Legend showed up? The thought chilled him... To Heero's *ahem* declaration of war, he was very, very glad Shaymin already used a Poké Ball.

And then the bombshell hit: Partnering up. Oh, how he had dreaded the inevitable suggestion. He would have to acquaint himself with an entirely different person, and Crimson could never thrive under these circumstances.

So now he knew why he was here. Legends were being targeted for their link to the Legendaries, and they had to band together to save each other. Well, that was the problem; with all the vastly different people around, who would get along...? He had to admit, if that Yuki guy managed to be paired up with Maïa...

Speaking of Maïaaaaaaa~

"Woooow... This all sounds super-serious!" chimed in Maïa. "So you're saying bad people are gonna try and hurt us? Well I won't let them!"

Maïa was being mostly ignored; not that anything like "no audience" was going to stop her fantasy. "Me and Keldeo are gonna-"

Keldeo was staring off in a general direction.

"Are you alright? You're not paying attentionnnnn!" she yelled in his ear.

Oh! Um, sorry! yelped Keldeo.

I seem to have a knack for page claims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:36 am 
Gym Leader

Rosanna frowned at the mention of a device that could detect legends from normal people. The idea could cause trouble indeed if it were true, it would make it all the more easier for people with bad intentions to track down Legendary's.
She looked at Victini I know you wouldn't listen to me if I told you to forget about me if anything happened to me that would endanger you, but can you promise me you'd be careful and try to think rationally can't you? She said to him, even though they had only recently been rejoined she couldn't bear the though of Victini being hurt because of her. She cared deeply for all of her Pokemon and would do anything for them, and the bond between her and Victini was special and only intensified those feelings. Victini floated over and rested in her arms, looking up at her he said, If you can master your abilities there shouldn't be need of it, however I will do as you ask, but if I must fight I will not hold back and I will be victorious. Among the many things they had talked about he had told her how she had abilities, although they were unsure exactly what those were she had spent much time thinking about it. The one thing he did say was that every partner of his had possessed the abilities to become invisible like himself, as as such she too should posses the abilities. However she had yet to figure out how she was supposed to do that, if she could at all.
"I happen to agree with Raine, the idea of having our partners stay in poke balls is not a present one, and I will not resort to that method." She said "Not only does it defeat the meaning of our partnership as Raine said, but it could also be easier for others to gain a hold of them. It's much simpler to steal someone poke ball then capture a legendary, however its a choice we should make with our partners."
"Also as for making it easier to hide them from view it would for the average person. But if this device Xavier speaks of really can tell legends apart from a normal human I suspect it would do so via other means. If it was as simple as looking at a person and going 'their with a legendary, they must be a legend' then they would have no need for such a device in the first place" She continued in an even reasonable tone, she didn't want to turn this discussion into an argument but at the same time she felt someone had to say it.
"Do you have any idea which teams, if theres more then one, are developing this device?" She asked Xavier
I too would like to know that, knowing who your up against and what they have is alto easier to deal with then an unknown enemies Victini added as they both looked at Xavier waiting for his answer.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:44 am 
Egg

Mewtwo glanced to Yuki immediately upon Xavier's revealing information about Legend tracking technology. Without thought, Mewtwo questioned Yuki about this. 'What technology is this? Have you a part in it?' He then realized a bit late that his question had been open for all to hear, but deftly chose to ignore this minor outburst and waited to see what his human counterpart had to say. The words of the others were momentarily lost on the two, though somewhere in either's mind the conversation was being taken in, as Yuki closed his eyes.

In a low voice, naturally quiet due to a lifetime of using it only occasionally, the teen gave his reply. "Dangerous. Incomplete, but dangerous nonetheless." The boy's face was a default appearance of indifference, a natural apathy to the world, as he thought about how to answer the next question. Finally he shrugged, using that as appearing to answer Mewtwo's second demand, though he decidedly spoke telepathically to the psychic Legendary as the question and answer weren't meant for the others' ears in the first place. Not with the Teams. With that revealed, they locked gazes for a moment as the conversation continued between them.

Is it known that you're a Legend? Yuki shook his head almost imperceptibly which made the feline-like Pokemon relax ever so slightly. If not one of the boy's four or five bosses knew that he was a Legend, then none of the humans knew he was affliated with Mewtwo. As Mewtwo was about to ask yet another question, it abruptly hit him and his human that Heero had suggested stuffing the Legendaries into Pokeballs.

Just as Mewtwo appeared to be about to make some sort of attack, Yuki lifted a hand which made the psychic-type freeze. Suddenly there was sweat apparent on either face as they fought for control. It was clear inner turmoil was raging between them. Finally Yuki managed to hiss telepathically - You're acting like I threw you in the lake again - making the Pokemon snap back, though anger was ebbing at the boy's belittling comment. It was a good thing that both knew the joke behind that incident.

You used my power against me- I have all the right in the world to have acted as I did. Violet eyes were trained on yellow eyes as the fire behind both pairs flickered out at last. With the fire sizzling within the two, both turned their attention back to the meeting and waited patiently to listen to what Raine was saying. Knowing that there was dissent about the Pokeball idea was relieving, though both already knew there was no way Yuki was going to bother with that absurd idea, but the proposition to spend even more time with these people was beyond bothersome.

"I'm interested in the technology." The young scientist absently announced, now peering down at his gloves as if the salvation to his desire to get his hands on a completed tracker was somewhere in his PC. "That tracker would be similar to what is used in a Pokedex... It's nearly complete." The teen continued, staring more intently at his gloves as his mind reviewed this information. "Just a little longer, perhaps a day or two." Yes, the seventeen-year-old was once again visualizing how it would work. Yuki was now lost to the meeting as he slipped further into his own thoughts of the device.

Mewtwo flicked his tail thoughtfully at Yuki's escaping this sad little meeting; couldn't the kid have dragged him into those thoughts as well? At least then Mewtwo would be able to watch as his human jumped from one thought to another that appeared to have no relevance and somehow twist the information just enough to tie them together. Thinking about this then made the Legendary's tail twitch in amusement for the Pokemon had remembered Yuki's weaving random thoughts into reasons for why an Eevee evolved into an Espeon through happiness during the day. That was perhaps one of Yuki's more random and creative train crashes of ideas.

But because Mewtwo hadn't been beckoned to follow Yuki's mind, the Pokemon instead took this moment to take a better look at the gathered Legends. The idea of having any of these humans around himself or Yuki was repulsing to put it mildly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm 
Blaziken

((jumpstart))

Crimson couldn't believe his mind's ears.

The outburst, though faint, rang clear in his head; though it was quickly dialed back, Crimson's brain was already haywire. So the brooding Yuki must be affiliated with one or more of the teams? Crimson was instantly worried. The man could very well be a traitor... but for whom? If he was trying to undermine the Teams, that would be a very risky move to make against the Teams. But if he was going to betray the Legends... And he knew something about the device. If he was on the Legends' side, he would've shared all he knew by now...

Something wrong? Your mind is whirring...

"I-it's nothing," Crimson reassured Shaymin and himself. He could not tell her what he had overheard...

Crimson laid back in the flowerbed, silently hating himself. He was always like this. He was just too smart for his own good. Too intelligent, too thoughtful. But it was for his own safety that he quietly continued to plan...

And for Shaymin's.

Last edited by Blivsey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Combusken

Raine let out a quiet sigh of relief. As far as she could tell, no one had been offended or had any opposition against her proposal, and her criticism against Heero’s idea of keeping the Legendaries in Pokeballs apparently wasn’t entirely unreasonable, if someone else’s agreement was any indication.
But then again, there was that silence that followed her speech and Maia and Rosanna’s inputs. It was rather awkward and unnerving. The brunette shifted uneasily in her spot, biting her lower lip as she quietly prayed that someone- anyone- to break the silence. Her shoulders slumped in relief when another voice spoke, only for her eyes to widen slightly in surprise when she realized that it was the quiet, reserved Yuki who had spoken. She turned toward the boy in amazement; he had given her the impression that he didn't particularly want anything to do with the other Legends and Legendaries. Nevertheless, she appreciated his comment, even if it was rather discouraging news.

“Just a day or two?” she repeated, frowning a little. She tapped her chin thoughtfully while Celebi, who was still on her shoulder, glanced around worriedly. “Well, that’s troublesome.”
What an understatement, Celebi muttered through their private link, only to be ignored.

“So Xavier and…loner-boy,” Raine spoke up again, turning to look at Groudon and Mewtwo’s partners in turn. “To add onto Rosanna’s question, it seems like you two know about this piece of technology the best. I’m assuming that you two don’t know exactly how the device works, or else one of you would have probably enlightened the rest of us already. But even so, do either of you have any guesses? Any little bit of information could help us in the long run.”

At that point, to the Trainer’s surprise, Celebi suddenly fluttered her small, delicate wings, hovering several inches above Raine’s head in preparation to make her own comments. Though she was nervous about speaking- it would be terrible if she were to make enemies out of her fellow Legendaries, after all- the pressure of the situation overrode her usual apprehension.
Latios’ partner and mine have given their own opinions about the path that we should take, the time-traveler announced, projecting her telepathic message to the other Pokemon and humans on Spear Pillar. If anyone has any objections or suggestions, it would be best to make your voice known now. The sooner we decide on a course of action, the better. Her large, baby-blue eyes peered anxiously at the others. I am hoping for the best, but we must all prepare for the worst.

((I should be working instead of posting, but...))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:08 am 
Gym Leader

Jirachi watched and listened as the conversation got rather heated from her perch atop Vesper's head. Vesper meanwhile was concentrated more on assessing the speakers themselves, those who had yet to speak and their lengendary's. Everyone was here because they were deemed worthy by his or her legendary. It didn't matter to him the size or type, a legendary was a legendary. That should count for something.
"In any case, if we're talking about going together in groups, I think it would be better for us to be in groups of 3 or 4 instead of just pairs. Although I'm sure most of you already figured that out." Vesper said, the conversation seemed to have come to a halt. And Xavier and well groudons partner, as he wasn't sure of his name yet might be reluctant to divulge and information, besides it could always be found out other ways.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 pm 
Torchic

Kai glanced around at all the arguing. There were so many different people here, with so many different personalities, plus the fact that the legendaries had their own opinions made for little discussion.
"Do things normally get this out of hand?" she asked Suicune.
"Certainly not this chaotic. It has been so long since the Legends have been present, keeping order is nigh impossible," Suicune replied. Kai sighed and scrubbed at her face, debating on what she should do.
She finally spoke up, addressing everyone, "Quite frankly the best way to guarantee safety is for us to run in groups. Especially while one of us isn't a licensed trainer yet. How large those groups are doesn't matter, but if there are too many of us we'll easily stick out to anyone who might be on the lookout for us. We could conceivably have maybe four of us to a group. How we divide ourselves up for that though, I have absolutely no clue."
Kai stood back, hiding slightly behind Suicune's flowing mane.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm 
Egg

((I know this is a dead RP, but I wanted to at least throw out my thoughts on how the device would have worked.))

Yuki considered Raine's comment about the very short time limit. Now that he, as a Legend, would have to lay low, it may take longer than just a few days. Because of this, the youth decided he would amend his previous statement, announcing, "Perhaps not as quickly, as I do expect there to be set-backs." Without any time to participate himself, for his way with technology was highly appreciated by his bosses, the other engineers would have to figure things out on their own.

Too bad they didn't have Yuki's notes to guide them on their endeavors. Yuki allowed himself a ghost of a smile as he remembered this. Perhaps things would get interesting as both sides raced against one another- one to find the mice, the other to find the cats. Mewtwo and Yuki glanced at once another for a moment, sharing this image before Mewtwo nodded in appreciation. This image was precisely how the events seemed to have turned.

Next was the matter on how the device worked; it didn't even occur to the youth to bother properly introducing himself. After all, regardless of what he claimed, would it matter in the end?

"How it works..." began the youth as he held out a gloved hand, fist clenched. "I cannot say for sure, but my hypothesis is it is similar to a Pokedex." This said, Yuki then opened his hand, palm-up, and allowed a hologram of the main menu in a Pokedex. "In case someone is not familiar with how a Pokedex works, I will start here, in the main menu."

From there, he would go on to explain the features of the Pokedex. He would choose a random Pokemon, Abra for instance, and then scroll to the Pokemon Locator application. Here, several maps would appear- a map for each region- with routes flashing. "The flashing routes," Yuki would explain in his quiet, indifferent speech, "are where one would commonly find an Abra."

The unofficial professor would pause there to allow his audience a moment to ponder. Though it wasn't much to take in, it was still appropriate to give everyone a chance to analyze and comment. He would not wait too long however, for there was more to say. "Then, there is a special tracker inserted in two or three Pokedex that improve this tracker." This said, Yuki exited the information about Abra, and typed in a legendary's name. One would wonder how the youth managed to do this- any of it, really, because Yuki did not reach for his own hologram. There was no typing or visible swyping involved.

As the name "Entei" was entered, the sprite of the Pokemon popped up, and it was immediately chosen. This time, there was a blur of information as Yuki swiftly scrolled through the unnecessary bits to land on the tracker. It would be on the locator that everyone saw the sprite of Entei's head, and its apparent location somewhere in the world. Apparently the Pokemon was on the move, for the sprite head continued moving, ever tracking the legendary. It would be at this point that Yuki really delved into his idea.

"A Pokemon's signature can be discovered, and it is individual to its species. There are not many duplicates of legendaries... so, as you see in this example, there would be only one image of the chosen Legendary. But, if we Legends were to have the same signature as our Legendaries..."

He would trail off then, but only to allow the others to come up with the answer themselves. In his hypothesis, he believed that the Legends, too, would pop up on the locator as an image of the respectable Legendary. Like this, if they or their partners were to be found by anyone with the device, then they would both appear on the tracker, and that would be the end of it. The only solution, assuming the device did not have duplicates of its own that it could share data with, was to destroy the device upon encountering it.

"But this is a hypothesis, and not to be taken as a tested theory."
'Leave it to the technology-obsessed boy to come up with this.' As Mewtwo said this, he casually flicked his tail around Yuki's shoulders.
Yuki chuckled, it sounding rather empty, as he nudged the tail off his shoulders.
"Yes, well, I am this way for my bosses."
Mewtwo scoffed at that as he rolled his eyes. 'I'm sure Oak is proud of his adopted grandson.'
Upon the mention of the professor, Yuki's smile softened into something a bit more real, just as the look in his eyes did.
"I simply hope I do not disappoint him."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8