It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Crystalline Magic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Aerouse gazed at the bright blue sky, and the clouds that flowed smoothly through the sky. She smiled, appreciating the elegance of the day. Not only was the light tone of the sky relaxing, but it was good to know that the lonesome child had made it through another day.
Aerouse traveled by herself, nobody to rely on to buy her food, and nobody to depend on to clean your clothes, and nobody to be by her side when she woke up, saying that she was sleeping in too late.
"I should go find an inn to sleep at next time..." Aerouse mumbled as she stretched. We can take her word that sleeping on rocks and sand is not the most comfortable way to rest yourself, after a long day of walking and traveling.
She pulled a small bag from a pack she was carrying. Inside was some coins, that she managed to steal herself. She apologized in her thoughts, but rules are useless when it comes to survival.
Aerouse counted them. 24 coins of copper... at least it was enough to buy some bread and water.
She points dramatically. "Onto the next town!! " she exclaimed energetically. And then sighed. She began walking east, to wherever it will lead her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 pm 
Gym Leader

Jing stood up straight and leaned on his pickaxe. Using his sleeve he whiped some sweat from his forehead. It still amazed him sometimes how one could sweat so much when it was cold underground. "Anyone know what time it is?" He asked looking around at the men working around him.
"About midday sir." A bloke pushing a cart down the rail answered.
"Alright then, Everyone breaktime." He said hefting his pick over his shoulder and making his way out of the mine. The miners around him stopping their work and passing the message along. Although He was now in charge of personal Jing made a poit to spend a couple days a week in the mines working himself, as it seemed to improve moral having a good working relationship with the men.
"What are you men doing, who said you could go on break." A pompus voice drifted into the mines entrance as Jing exited. He say Barry, one of the Managers had stopped a few of the men leaving the mines to go to lunch. "It's not 12:30 yet."
"That would be me." Jing said approaching the group. He nodded to the men who signalled their thanks and kept moving.
"Oh Master Jing, my apologies I didn't realize you we're working in the mines today." The surly man said. "How is your father?" He continued as he followed Jing.
"My father is the same as usual Barry, now if you'll excuse me, my stomach is growling rather loudly at me and insist that I find something to eat." He said not rudly but not friendly either.
"Of course Sir." He said wondering off to do some other buisness, while Jing continued on and enterd the mess hall and joined the line to get some food.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:48 am 
Pokémon Legend

((Okay so I realized 2 weeks was a ridiculous thing to say about 2 days later because I've been busy... and honestly right now I really don't feel like posting at all, I'm just not in a good mood, but I feel really bad that there has been zero activity here... ))

For Kairavi, the meeting continued to drone on. The people there seemed to be more animated than usual at her father's statements, but, honestly, they were really of minimal interest to her. Throughout the meeting, Kairavi made it a small game with herself to wink as many times at Aquanta as possible without anyone noticing (except Aquanta, obviously). It was a game she had gotten rather skilled at through many long hours of practicing in many meetings.

"And you do believe this is the only solution?" a man questioned. Kairavi's father nodded.

"I have thought long and hard. It was a sign given to me by none other than then our holy master. It is our duty as his humble servants," replied her father gravely, his voice a deep rumble. Moments passed, and the majority of the other high priests seemed to voice a similar opinion as her father. He nodded.

"We will begin making plans on the morrow," Lord Devanshu stated. "For now, go with the light, and the light shall be with you." There was a general murmuring as the phrase was repeated among the rest present as they got to their feet and exited the room, faces somber. Kairavi followed suit after shooting a quick wink at Aquanta. Moments later, she followed her father out of the room.

--

((FYI, do not expect a post like this every time you post, I'm only getting the scene set and I feel bad because it looks like I abandoned this RP. Basically everyone I will introduce to you will be an NPC, so go ahead and control them.))

SALKIUM
Outside it is hot, as per the norm. This is one of the few cities in the Land of Fire due to the fact that most people live in nomadic tribes. As a result the city is a large center of trade. Outside are several mearchants (clearly from the Land of Earth) selling crystals.

AQUANTA
Eli's master gently encourages Eli time and time again. Throughout the practicing, he mentions that he will not be able to give her lessons for the next couple weeks due to an errand he had to run in the Land of Light. However, he says he would be happy to have you accompany him, if you so desire.
--
Aquanta blah blah blah meeting blah blah blah doooooo whatever

PUYON
As Aerouse wandered, she began to notice she seemed to have wandered a bit too far east. The landscape seems to be changing, and becoming very forigen to her. Far more rocky. The sound of voices can be heard in the distance, as well as the sound of earth moving.

KAIDA
Food is normal quality, nothing interesting to report. The lunch break is long enough to permit a reasonable amount of time to do whatever after eating. Many men choose to take a short 10 minute walk to get some fresh air before returning to the mines.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:05 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Every time she tried to control the water, she kept getting wet over and over. Even clearing her head for less then ten seconds didn't work at all too. And every time she failed, she got mad and complained. Her master Thron left to go back to town to get a few items. Just as time went by, Eli just stopped what she was doing and sit down on the beach to wait.

"Eli, you taking a break?" Thron asked as he came close to her.

"Ya, I'm not able to do this master. I just can't get it at all." Eli cries out more in anger than in being unhappy.

"Well, I have some good news. You can either rest for a few weeks while I go to the Land of Light or you can come with me and see new things, and I do hope to get you trained during the time. Yet, I have to go now. So are you coming?" Thron said as he put the bag on the ground that he was holding.

"Sure. I'll come. I've got to go pack a few things first." Eli was happy to go travel now and see if she could get her powers up.

"Ok, get to it Eli, times wasting." Thron said as he picked up his things and started for the house.

This is going to be so cool, Eli thought as she moved the bag that she packed with just enough stuff to not be too heavy but not light enough like no clothes or something that she couldn't live without. She also took the locket she had in the glass box her master gave her when he accepted her. She put it on and went outside to find her master already there waiting. Eli looked at the horse that was beside her master and figured they would be riding those to the Land of Light. Hopping on, they went on their way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aquanta kept looking at Kairavi during the whole meeting and didn't hear anything. All he could remember is that they needed to watch out for the Dark people and than it went to blah blah blah blah blah in his ears. After the meeting, his father got up and Aquanta followed suit and they left the room. Using just enough light power he made a little dove and pushed it to where Kairavi could see it. They turned a corner before Aquanta could see her reaction. By then, they were back into the outer temple and were heading to the house on the edge of the forest.

"Aquanta, I have some business the next few days, you can either go to the temple and wonder around, or sit at the meetings. Either way, your not staying home like last time."

"What happened last time?" Aquanta said as a smirk came on his lips.

"The party you threw when I was gone for a few days and came back to a house trashed."

"Well, it wasn't my fault that my friends are slobs and can't seem to keep things clean." Aquanta didn't want to hear this now.

"That is why I don't trust you, nor do I trust what we are doing is the right thing."

"Well, if that is all you wanted to say, I'm going out. Be back later." Aquanta took the bag he had handy by the stairs and went out the door.

"Come back when you cooled off and next time if you keep goofing off with Kairavi, you wouldn't be taking my position. Instead you will be in the army fighting."

"Ya ya." Aquanta said as he walked out of the door and down the street. He never liked how his father did things, but he also didn't want to disrespect him. As his father will be stepping down, he would be taking the position of his father.

---------------------------------------------------

You will never know what my pain is untill its too late. Never for my heart to fall in pieces as with the blood that drips.

Du kummt..........

----------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

"Okay... this seems a little... off." mumbled Aerouse. She was right. It was odd. Naturally, it would be rocky in the Earthen Territories... but the rock she was near earlier was a little more sandy. It was just mountain now.
"...We have to get somewhere with this..." It sounded like somebody complaining a bit farther off. "...But I doubt I'll find anything..." He continued.
Aerouse jumped a little when she heard a slight rumbling noise in the direction of the voice. She begins to cautiously walk in the direction of the voice.
"H-hello? Is... somebody there?" she started.
"Huh?! Who's out there?!" cried the male's voice.
Aerouse continued towards the voice. This time, ready if he attacks.
*scratch**scratch*
It sounded like something was scampering closer. Aerouse began to grow nervous. She started to draw power from an Earth Crystal in her vest pocket. As soon as she saw something, she blasted the earth underneath it to move upwards.
"YIIIIIIII!!!!" squeaked a small mouse. It blasted up into the sky that is apparently above.
"Gyaah!! You... you just shot Mayen into the air!!" Cried a boy who ran around the corner, he seemed around 14 years old.
"Well... I thought it was you." Aerouse commented casually.
"You were going to do that to me anyways?! Ugh! Never mind! With the way you blasted Mayen, she could be anywhere! Possibly splatted onto the ground... or swooped by a hawk!!! You idiot!!" The boy cried.
Aerouse flinched. Feeling a little guilty. But instead of apologizing she got frustrated and began to yell. "Well! Standing here and worrying over something that can be prevented doesn't make you any smarter! If you want to save your pet, then you best move fast! Or she will be as dead as you fear! Shouting at me because I shot a mouse into the air isn't going to help with that!" Aerouse fired daggers of anger into the young man's heart.
He began to run. "Well... you better take responsibility for what happens next! Now hurry up, you ditz!" He slammed his hands on the ground, it began to rumble and then, he seemed to start riding the earth, he was manipulating the earth so that what platform he was standing on, glides over other rocks.
Aerouse started to follow, but then noticed a large hole, probably the source of all the rumbling she had heard just before.
She then began to run around, looking for the strange mouse.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 am 
Gym Leader

(Gimme a bit to read up, then I'll join. Sorry I disappeared. Got grounded for a month.)

Edit: (Posting now.)

Steropes was walking down the street, watching carefully for the school bullies, when he bumped into someone. He just kept walking. The person yelled at Steropes, but one dirty look shut him up. When Steropes looked forward again, Liuz and his cronies were charging. Steropes quickly fired a wind blast at them and started climbing the nearest building, using wind to propel himself upwards. The bullies were giving chase, but Steropes could get rid of them if he could just get to the top first. One of the lighter and quicker ones was gaining, so Steropes took a flowerpot off of a windowsill at him. He dodged it, but it distracted him long enough for Steropes to knock him off the building with a wind blast. He continued to climb. He did this often. None of the others got too close. Then, as he got to the top, he looked up, and was greeted by a big burly guy with a malicious grin. The big guy pushed Steropes off. He was able to slow his fall using wind a little, but it still wasn't enough. After hitting the ground, Steropes blacked out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:13 am 
Random Trainer

Galinthias pored over the heavy tome spread open on the desk before him, reading quietly. The vast library was empty; not too many people of the Air chose to venture into the midst of the Empire of the Dark, even though the nomadic ethnicity wasn't unwelcome there. This essentially meant the scholar could spend as long as he wanted as often as he wanted in the West Wind's outpost. He was usually the only person in the library, and one of a sparse handful in the entire Outpost, excluding the West Wind and his attendants.
Taking a moment to pause in his reading and stretch, he caught sight of the sky outside the library windows. It was a clear, monotone blue, somehow managing to look flat despite its vivid hue. Pushing his chair back from the desk, Galinthias got to his feet and placed a slim bookmark between the pages of his book, closing it carefully. Then he turned and left the library. There was to be a concert and dance performance in the Empire of the Dark's capital town square later in the afternoon, hosted by the Emperor himself and open to the general public. He was rather interested; supposedly the dancer was one of the Emperor's best. Why she would be performing to the common people when admittance to her shows was normally only affordable by the high nobility... There was most likely another reason for this.

Dendrobates hurried through the lushly decorated hallways of the palace, one hand clutching his instrument case. A different, smaller case was in his other hand, and a third hung over one shoulder. Feeling quite out of breath, he arrived at the proper door and, without another method to knock, used his knee on its smooth panels. "Enter," called a voice from within. The bard stared in dismay at the door handle, then finally set down his flute. As the door swung open, he bent down to pick up his case once more. He looked up in time to see his partner pull her tunic over her head.
She was already wearing her dance outfit underneath,
but that didn't stop Dendrobates from flushing a deep pink. The dancer noticed this, and her lips curled slightly in a cruel smile. She seemed to enjoy seeing his discomforted reaction whenever he saw her in her work clothing. "Well?" she asked, languidly picking up a long black sleeve and slipping it over one arm.
"Ah..." Dendrobates stuttered. "Ah...the, uh...Emperor's man says it's time..."
"I thought as much." Paranaja fastened the gold bands around her other sleeve to secure it. "Well. I am ready. Let's go." Her bard was quick to set down his instrument cases to hold the door open for her, then clumsily reclaimed them and made his own exit.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm 
Gym Leader

((I'll keep my character going by myself until he can meet someone else's character.))
Steropes woke up in the hospital. "Ugh.... That was a drag...." He said. He then tried to sit up, but had a sharp pain in his chest. "Ow! That hurts.... Must have a broken rib...." He then pressed the button to call in a nurse.

"Hello," said the nurse. "Glad to see that you're up. Now, could you tell me where it hurts?"

"I have a broken rib," Steropes replied, "Could you take care of it?"

"I'll get a healer in here right away." She then ran off. A healer came in afterwards, and used a crystal with a healing spell to fix Steropes rib. Steropes paid and then left, heading home.

"Great, that was most of my money for food this week. What am I supposed to do now?" He continued walking home through the capital of the light nation, pondering his predicament.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2