It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Welcome, welcome, one and all, to the new RP, for people big and small.

It's set in the realm of the manga Fairy Tail, which, if you don't know, is basically a world where magic exists and wizards do all kinds of crazy stuff. Technology is sort of steampunkish.....most of it's powered by magic, anyway.

Anyway, in Fairy Tail, there are several wizarding guilds. For this roleplay, we'll all be members of a new guild: The Gnomish Ear guild.

There's all kinds of magic in the world (including summoning magic, which is invoked using artifacts called gatekeys"), and all kinds of magic items and whatnot as well, although stuff like necromancy is strictly forbidden. Since your character will be in a wizarding guild, it would probably be a good idea to give them a sort of magic ability. The tablet for characters is thus:

Name:
Personality: At least a vague description would be nice, especially from people who I don't know particularly well.
Distinguishing Traits (aside from being able to use magic):
Preferred type of magic:

I'll edit my character's profile in to this post when it's ready.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Last edited by Stevenson on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:39 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Name: Gin Hiroyuki
General Physical Description: Short kid, Like 15 years old, green hair. Typically weans a black shirt with a blue jacket over it, green shorts, and black boots.
Personality: Naively optimistic to the point of ignorance. He's not stupid, per se, he just... tends to overlook details that could be considered common sense.
Distinguishing Traits: Uh... besides green hair?
Preferred type of magic: Teleportation, Portal creation, you know... distortion of space.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:22 am 
Random Trainer

Name: Kako (Its easy to remember if I keep the same name for all the rps.)
General Physical Description: Short and small, looks about 16. Has white hair that goes halfway down back. Wears a short sleeved tan top and skirt that are join together as the waist. Wears black bell bottom pants that overlap tan boots. Wears chocolate brown gloves with little white symbols on each top part of them. Gloves stop at wrist.
Personality: Caring and playful. Tends to be to trusting of other people and can believe the simplest of lies at times. Loves all living things in nature. Doesn't think that everything is bad, and that there is good in everyone.
Distinguishing Traits: White hair and the gloves. Also a little white lotus flower charm on the end of a neckless.
Preferred type of magic: Flower magic.
(In case its asked later my text color is blue.) ;-)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

Last edited by *^_^*kako on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:01 am 
Pokémon Master

Name: Shiba Takeru
General Physical Description: Tall, about 6'0. About 17. Normally wears a blue sweatshirt and black pants.
Personality: A friendly fellow, but doesn't liked to be messed around with. Nice towards little kids and such.
Distinguishing Traits: White hair and bright blue eyes? I guess
Preferred type of magic: Summoning creatures

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:21 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Okay, first of all, this isn't so much a fullmetal alchemist rp (we had one, it died terribly), so I don't think alchemy is your best pick.....flower magic, on the other hand, is perfectly fine.

And White Samurai, remember you need to use gatekeys....which, since I didn't think anybody would actually use them, I need to explain more.

There are two types of gatekeys, the names of which I forget, so we'll call them major and minor gatekeys.

Minor gatekeys are just what you'd expect: more common, more prolific, and weaker than major gatekeys.

There are only twelve major gatekeys in existence to common knowledge, and they're all named after one of the American zodiac signs.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 am 
Gym Leader

Name: A'isha
General Physical Description: She's 5"7' tall, has soft light pink hair and blue eyes. She wears and medieval style forest green dress with silver trimmings and a silver ribbon at the back. She also has black boots on, although sometimes goes barefoot.
Personality: A'isha is normally quiet and keeps her thoughts to herself, although she can get hyperactive and become very loud. She loves nature and animals, so much that she's normally seen with animal body parts of some sort. She also loves children and is often found looking after one group or just playing with them. Also she often can disappear for a couple days at a time only to have been going for a walk in the forest(her record is 3 weeks). She also has a habit of turning people who annoy her into a possum.
Distinguishing Traits (aside from being able to use magic): Often has animal parts in place of human parts, eg ears, tail, wings, etc. She changes regularly because she can't choose.
Preferred type of magic: Transfiguration. Transforming of one object or person into another.
Text Colour: Pink

That spikes you when you pick it up

Last edited by Kaida on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Pokémon Champion

Name: Zanther
General Physical Description: Around 5" 9' he wears his black hair down most of his back. Wears mostly black clothing and is usually seen with a hood on.
Personality: Zanther normally keeps to himself though will work with people when its in his best intrest. Loves death and chaos and thus travles to places of war for his studies and other things while pretending to lend his Conjure abilites to one side or the other.
Distinguishing Traits: Is much older then he looks. Is probably older then the other members of the guild combined. Though he isn't about to say how old he really is.
Preferred type of magic: Conjure(all types cept he doesn't do the bad ones in public) (Necromancy in private, Both the good and bad sides of it.)
Text Colour: Red

Last edited by Neo Zanther on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:17 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Transformation is fine, though don't go too overboard, obviously (for example, turning the powerful enemy wizard in to a feather probably isn't a good idea).

I actually specifically said that necromancy was banned.....but if you still want a crazy dark character, he could use some other stereotypical evil power.....or Zanther could use some sort of magic in public, but secretly be a master necromancer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Oh...I guess I must of missed that part. That was compleatly my bad. Though your idea could work too. Guess I could make him a conjure.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 pm 
Gym Leader

Okay. I didn't even think of doing that, mainly because if it were a really powerful wizards they'd probably be able to transform back or stop it all together.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Well, that was sort of an extreme example. I'm just saying, you can't use it to solve everything in the world.

Also,

Name: Sash Turell
General Physical Description: A very little bit taller than average, slicked back blue hair (I mean, come on, you gotta have blue hair), dresses mostly in white.
Personality: Mostly laid back, with a sense of humor and a taste for wordplay. Pretty friendly guy, overall.
Distinguishing Traits: He doesn't sweat. Like, literally.
Preferred type of magic: Water magic
Text Colour: Orange

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 am 
Pokémon Master

Name: Shiba Takeru
General Physical Description: Tall, about 6'0. About 17. Normally wears a blue sweatshirt and black pants.
Personality: A friendly fellow, but doesn't liked to be messed around with. Nice towards little kids and such.
Distinguishing Traits: White hair and bright blue eyes? I guess
Preferred type of magic: Wind magic
Text Color: Dark Blue

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]