It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Avatar: Winds of Destiny
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 pm 
Pokémon Master

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Fifty years ago, the world was at peace. Then everything changed when Avatar Roku died. Under the power of a great comet, Fire Lord Sozin and his army of firebenders attacked the four air temples, looking for the next incarnation of the Avatar. His genocide was total and complete, and wiped out all the airbenders. But he did not wipe out the Air Nomads.

Fire Lord Sozin realized that he did not kill all the nomads, but was not concerned, since all airbenders resided at one of the four temples. Since the non-bending nomads roamed the land and never stayed in the same spot for long, they were largely spared from the wrath of Sozin's Comet. However, while Sozin he was confident that he killed the Avatar, his dream of a Fire Nation world had no place for the nomads, and gave out rewards for each nomad brought into Fire Nation hands.

Now, Azulon is the Fire Lord and the air nomads are all but gone, save one single bender.

Name: Try to make it Asian, since the Avatar World is based around eastern culture.
Age: Unless you're 15, you better have your mother's permission(or a good reason) why you're traveling on a dangerous quest in the desert.
Appearance: Looks are everything, especially in a war that's been going on for half a century and shows no sign of stopping.
Fighting style: Now, this is the part that you have to pay attention to. I'm only allowing two other benders, maybe three if the group is going to be large. Now, there will be no airbenders because of the genocide and no firebenders because they're the enemy. If you are an earthbender, you can not metalbend because that's 50 years away. Since we're starting at the Misty Palms Oasis, which is near the Si Wong desert, you can be a sandbender. You can also be a waterbender, or even come from the swamp. As for the non-benders, you could be a swordsman, Kyoshi Warrior, Archer, ect. As long as it's believable in the Avatar 'verse.
Nationality: Water Tribes or Earth Kingdom? Did you live in the north pole or south? Ba Sing Se or Omashu? As I said before, no one from the Air Nomads or Fire Nation.
Other: any details? Backstory, why you're in the iceberg oasis, what the Fire Nation did to you? Work with me people.
Text color:

Name: Bataar, A.K.A. Kong
Appearance: He is about five feet tall and has grey eyes, which he tries to keep hidden in public. He has black hair that goes to his shoulders. He wears loose brown pants and a yellow-green shirt, as well as a yellow colored light vest. He also wears a straw hat to keep hid identity hidden.
Fighting Style: Airbending, Bagua. Though he is not very skilled, he can hold his own in a fight. When he doesn't want to reveal his origins, he uses the fighting style based off of Airbending that he calls Bagua.
Nationality: Last Air Nomad.
Other: As far as he knows, he is the last airbender in existence. His tribe was attacked a few months ago by the Fire Nation and he was the only one to escape. Since he was born after the attacks at the air temples, he has no idea how to properly airbend, but one person from Bataar's tribe recorded the motions the benders used to manipulate air and uses that as a fighting style. Bataar figured that bending was just moving the body, and copied the movements from him. Now he is at the Misty Palms Oasis, looking for a group of people that will head into the Si Wong desert with him to search for Wan Shi Tong's library so that he may find the true secret to airbending. However, he's not going to tell the rest of the group that.
Personality: Is a bit cautious of the world around him, he doesn't want to take any risk of exposing himself. He would prefer to be outgoing and friendly, but when the most powerful nation in the world is after you, he doesn't have a chance to.
Text: Light-Orange

((And we're off!))

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Last edited by Giga-Gar on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Yeah Avatar!

Name: Tikaani

Appearance: Tikaani has short brown hair cut so that it falls just above her shoulders. It is usually tied back in a very short ponytail. She is quite tall, standing about 5' 8". She dresses in the browns and greens of the Earth Kingdom. She wears a brown cloak at all times to protect her from the weather. And, just as an extra precaution, she always carries a bo staff with her that she can use in combat.

Fighting style: Waterbending. Her style is extremly unique, though, considering she lost her original teacher due to leaving the Water Tribe at a young age. She was able to learn a few tricks from the waterbending scroll she stole, but not too much. She then learned several techniques from the benders in the Foggy Swamp. On top of that, she's also skilled with wielding a bo staff.

Nationality: Originally from the Southern Water Tribe though she now lives in the Earth Kingdom.

Personality: Very headstrong, and often acts on instinct. Is very proud of her nationality, and wishes with all her heart to become a master bender. Short tempered, and bears a strong hatred for the Fire Nation for driving her from her home. Her goal is to return to the Southern Water Tribe to resume her lessons.

Other: Tikaani was born in the Southern Water Tribe, however most of her life she has lived in the Earth Kingdom. The Fire Nation was sending out constant raids to the Southern Tribe in order to capture all the water benders. Her parents were frightened for Tikaani's saftey. Doing what they believed to be the best thing for their child, they fled the Southern Water Tribe when Tikaani was about seven years old. However, even at a young age Tikaani was determined to be a powerful waterbender and she stole a waterbending scroll from the Tribe. She kept the scroll hidden from her parents as they discouraged her from waterbending at every oppertunity, scolding her whenever she did so out of fear of the Fire Nation. This eventually drove her to run away from home at age 15. She wandered the Earth Kingdom for a long time until she found the foggy swamp, where she met the waterbenders living therein. Glad to find more waterbenders, Tikaani lived in the swamp for a period of time, learning techniques from the waterbenders. Eventually, though, she decided she couldn't live out all her days here in the swamp and she left to wander the Earth Kingdom. Her travels have led her to the Misty Palm Oasis.

Text color: This color

Uhm.... I rant a lot. Meh. :P

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:37 pm 
Gym Leader

Name: Morio
Appearance: Image
Fighting style: Very skilled swordsman.
Nationality: Lone nomad
Other: An orphan, has traveled the earth kingdom alone since he was six, and the fire nation killed his family. He's not very talkative. Now he's a bounty hunter. He secretly writes in mysterious tomes, and no one may read them but him. He tries to help those who oppose the fire nation.
Text color: Orange

Last edited by Blue Fire Cyndaquil on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:50 pm 
Pokémon Master

BFC, you're going to have to give more information. We need something to base your character off of and why he's joining Bataar's expedition. You also might want to make your character older. I realize Aang and Katara were 12 and 14 when they set off, but Aang was the Avatar and Katara was his waterbending teacher.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:48 pm 
Gym Leader

Ok, I'll edit it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 pm 
Pokémon Master

((Ok, since no one else seems to be joining, I'll go ahead and start the RP. After all, in season 2, Sokka was the only non-bender in the group))

Bataar was sitting at a booth in the Misty Palms Oasis bar, waiting for the volunteers he asked for. It was a little after noon, and the bar was pretty crowded with patrons desperate to escape the desert sun. He was afraid someone might recognize him as an Air Nomad, but tried to remain calm. If he started acting strangly, people would notice and he would give himself away. So instead, he remained calm and sipped his drink. Hopefully the people I need will be able to find me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:53 pm 
Gym Leader

"Right, I'll take a job from the Fire Nation," said Morio sarcastically.
"Suit yourself, but it pays highly. Remember that," replied the messenger.
"Those idiots know my policy," Morio thought as he drank his tea, "Now I'm sure this nomad is in the area, so I should help him escape." He scanned the bar, and spotted someone he didn't recognize. Morio walked up and said, "Hey, I haven't seen you around these parts, but, I think you were on a fire nation bounty poster, and I'd like to help you escape."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 pm 
Pokémon Legend

"Uuugghhh...." Tikaani moaned, wiping sweat from her forehead. This heat was unbearable. I can't wait until I get back to the South Pole.... if I ever get back... she thought bitterly. Tikaani glanced once again at her map, only to angrily crumple it and stuff it in her bag. There's just SAND out here! Where is that supid Oasis?!

She found her answer moments later. In the distance, Tikaani could vaugely see something glistening on the horizon. The glacier! Only the heat stopped her from breaking into a flat-out run. She sufficed with crying out "I'm getting out of this horrid place!" to the air and slightly quickening her stride.

A few miserable hours later, Tikaani made it to the oasis. She smiled at the large glacier. There was no way it could compare to the South Pole (which she still had a few memories of), but it was a fragment of home. Anything she could do to get closer to home was a start.

Tired from all her traveling, Tikaani headed into the Misty Palm Oasis bar. She gruffly ordered a drink from the bartender, then sat down with a sigh. Absent-mindedly, she twirlded her fingers, causing her drink to spin around in it's cup. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a man in a straw hat. Something about him intrigued her, especially when she saw another man walk up to him. Her curiousity piqued, she got up and strode over.

"Hello," she greeted both the man in the straw hat and the one who was speaking to him.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:27 pm 
Gym Leader

"Hi, I'm Morio. Who are you?" asked Morio. (Remember, he's a famous bounty hunter.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Never heard of you," Bataar said dismissively. "The name's Kong. You two must be here for my expedition in desert, right? Just sit tight while we wait for the other two to show up."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 pm 
Gym Leader

"OK........... Sounds good. How much does it pay?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:54 am 
Pokémon Legend

Tikaani raised her eyebrows. Expedition? she thought to herself. She opened her mouth to say that she had no idea what he was talking about, then closed it with a shrug. Let's just see where this takes us...

"I'm not concerned about pay," she told Kong, eyeing Morio distrustfully. I bet his world begins and ends with money.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:06 pm 
Random Trainer

(Just getting my character out there before I lost Internet again, since I feel kinda bad for vanishing all the time. :< )
(By the way, Gar, did Bataar put out, like, notices asking for volunteers, or does he just rope in everyone who happens to wander to his table? And how did he know he's missing two people?)

Hanfong tugged her scarf farther down over her eyebrows and squinted against the wind. If the airborne grit didn't dirty her glasses so much, she would have worn them even when on the sand-sailers to give her eyes some relief. Luckily, the iceberg oasis was coming into sight already, and she could feel their speed decreasing. A few minutes later they had stopped outside the entrance to the oasis, quickly relocating to an out-of-the-way area. Some people didn't take to sandbenders due to their scavenging habits, and some of them had been known to be hostile.
"Oi, Hanfong." Another sandbender, the one in charge of moving the sailer she stayed on, approached. He jerked a thumb over his shoulder. "We need you to help unload."
"Right." She headed to the rear end of the sailer and grabbed onto a tightly wrapped package. Her raiding group had happened upon a stand of a certain type of cactus used in some Misty Palms oasis cantina beverages. They had gathered as much of it as they could load onto their sand-sailers and not be slowed down, hoping to get some profit from it. Aside from the cacti, they'd also pilfered from various places the type of supplies that travelers at the oasis tended to need. Hanfong preferred not to think of where they'd taken the things from. They had to live somehow, anyway.
"I'm taking these to the cantina," she called, swinging the package of cacti.
The other sandbenders nodded and resumed unloading. The tan-clothed girl walked swiftly toward the building, hiding a grin in the scarves covering her face.
Her group had no idea they wouldn't see her again for a long while, if things went her way.
She had made up her mind some time ago that she'd leave her raiding group, at least for a week. They really didn't need her, all of them were strong enough to lift and carry packages, and she used up rations that could be needed in case of emergency. Besides, she disliked feeling so useless all the time. Her chance came in the form of a letter, asking for a volunteer to join some sort of expedition into the desert. She was used to life there, so she figured she could act as a kind of guide.
After bartering an acceptable price for the cacti from the cantina owner and pocketing the money, she let herself into the common room, looking around. As her eyes adjusted to the lighting, she pulled most of the scarves off her head, freed her ponytail, and retrieved her glasses from her pocket, setting them onto her nose. She noticed that most people in the cantina were seated by themselves at their own tables, either nodding off or animatedly consuming their orders. One table, though, had three people. Unusual, given the surroundings. And it could be what she was looking for. Rather cautiously, she headed over, trying not to make it too obvious she was one of the sandbenders. She hoped her attire and almost-bare feet wouldn't give her away straight off, or that the three people there wouldn't shun her for that reason.
"Yo," she greeted the three at the table. "Uh...I assume this is the...uh...expedition group?" She flashed them all a timid, but friendly, smile. "I was looking for something to do, and got a letter asking me to join. And, uh, does anyone know what it is we're doing, exactly?"

(Forgot to mention in her profile that she's a bit naive.)
(EDIT: fixed some dialogue and changed a few sentences around.)

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Last edited by BionicleMandi121 on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm 
Pokémon Master

((Well, Bataar already picked out members of his expedition, via letter, but he hasn't met them yet. That's why he's assuming everyone that walks up to his table is part of the expedition.))

"Settle down little man, you'll get your pay later," he replied to the bounty hunter. He saw a female sandbender approaching the table and let her sit down. "Well, that must be the reason you signed up for this little adventure, huh? Well, all your questions will be answered once our fourth member gets here."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 pm 
Gym Leader

[mysterious whispering]"Maybe I'll finally get enough money to get out of here.... They're probably on my tail by now...."[/mysterious whispering]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next