It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Azuri
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Many, many years ago, there was nothing.

Our fair world did not exist.

Well, at least if you believe the old texts that is. However, we know them to be true, regardless of what some others might say. We’ve spoken to the gods.

After all, it is the gods who created the world. Before our world existed, the gods were the only ones alive. The gods of fire and water and earth, and the goddess of air. Depending on which culture you speak with, you’ll find different names for these figures. Regardless, each god tried to make his or her own creations. Alone, however, they were unsuccessful. None of the creations were stable, and crumbled into nothingness.

It was quite some more time before the four gods came up with the idea of bonding their powers together. The results were incredible. The world of Azuri was created. Each god used their own element in particular places: The god of earth created the land, the goddess of air created the sky, the god of water the ocean, and the god of fire created Hell, a fiery land beneath the surface. Each of these forces kept one another in balance, and the world survived.

The gods grew very excited with their creation. Each wanted to populate their world with beings of their own design. Forgetting how on their own, their powers were imbalanced, the four broke apart and went to go form their own creatures. These beings became known as “elementals”.

Just as before, though, their creations were unstable. Beings of pure fire, earth, air or water could only survive so long before they flickered out of existence. Devastated, the gods came back to each other to learn if any other had any success. No one had succeeded.

Finally, just as they had before, the gods bonded together to create life to live on the world of their design. Each god put in equal energy, and the four elements were in perfect balance within the beings they created. Once again, the name of these beings has varied throughout the texts, but they are commonly referred to as the Balanced due to the four elements being in perfect balance within them.

The gods were delighted with their creation. Wanting to be sure the Balanced survived, each granted the Balanced power to control their own respective elements. The Balanced were then able to create powerful flames, move the steady earth, dance through the skies and guide the flowing waters.

After this great success, the gods went on to create even more. However, once again each god wanted his or her own unique beings. Because of this, certain creatures had more air, fire, earth or water in them due to certain gods taking charge.

However, due to the elements not being in perfect balance within these newer creations, the new creations could not control all of the elements. The gods quickly realized that their creations could only command the element most dominant within them.

Now, the gods weren’t the only otherworldly beings interested in Azuri. It wasn’t long before spirits made their way into Azuri. Though they were normally invisible to the beings of Azuri, one day they made themselves visible to a select few. These few individuals found that they could use the spirits to perform great magical feats. The enlightened then passed on these techniques to other members of their race.

The only exception to this was the Balanced. They were unable to learn magic. Because the power of the gods was so strong with them, the power of the spirits was weak.

Then, the old texts become rather inconsistent. It is quite uncertain what occurred to cause this, but many, many years later the Balanced seemed to have nearly vanished from Azuri. Some say that other races grew jealous of their power and battled them, winning through sheer numbers. Others say they were destroyed by a horrid sickness. Others still say that they simply left Azuri, exploring across the mountains in the north or leaving off by sea.

Regardless, very few Balanced remain in Azuri. Humans have taken over most of the surface world through sheer number. Angles rule the sky, Demons Hell and the Merfolk rule the ocean.

But, recently new texts have been located, and they tell strange stories of a new power. Rumors though they may be, the races are already starting to get edgy. And the gods themselves only know just how corrupted the races have become...

I fear dark times are approaching...

Boy, that was rather long. I can never help myself... ehe.

Alright, I've been meaning to start a new RP, so, heck with it.

So, then. Everyone create your own character, and stuff. Here's a brief list of some of the races with their dominant element in parentehsis:
Demons (fire. All demons are male. Male children of a demon and another speiceis becomes a demon, while a female child is a half-demon)
Angels (air)
Humans (earth)
Elves (earth)
Merfolk (water)
Griffins (air)
Dwarves (earth OR fire, more commonly earth)
Di'zai (fire. They are a race of my own creation, and are basically lizard men that live in the desert)
Balanced (all. I MIGHT allow a Balanced character... maybe.)

If you want to suggest another species idea, I'm totally open to suggestions. These are just the ideas that I've come up with so far.

And... since I'm lazy and this took a bit to write up, I'll get my character profile up later. Feel free to ask more questions about the races, I'll be glad to elaborate.

Profile template:
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Abilities:
Text Color:

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Last edited by Saber Knight on Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Azuri
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm 
Combusken

Location: Dwelling currently in the time warp. (Yes, I AM jumping to the left)
OOC: Could I, by any chance, create a balanced character?

BUT, I do have reasoning. My character will avoid all interaction at all times, and almost never use their powers in fear of being discovered, and inevitably destroyed/killed.

There are a lot more complexities, but I wouldn't godmode, in fact, I'll probably end up being on of the most placid characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 pm 
Pokémon Legend

luquos wrote:
OOC: Could I, by any chance, create a balanced character?

BUT, I do have reasoning. My character will avoid all interaction at all times, and almost never use their powers in fear of being discovered, and inevitably destroyed/killed.

There are a lot more complexities, but I wouldn't godmode, in fact, I'll probably end up being on of the most placid characters.

Hmm... yeah, I trust you not to godmod (or godmode or whatever it is).

I haven't decided too much about the appearance of the Balanced. All I have is that they have slightly pointed ears, not so pointed as to be elven or angel (FYI Angels and Elves are almost identical in appearance, save Angels have wings), yet too pointed to be human. Basically, that's it. Other than that, you basically can decide wut your character looks like that.

I'm actually going to have a Balanced as one of my characters as well. Probably. Maybe not one of my characters... but you'll see 'em sooner or later in the RP. I actually have a plot planned! *shock*

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:20 pm 
Combusken

Location: Dwelling currently in the time warp. (Yes, I AM jumping to the left)
OOC: o.O PLOT? <3.

But yeah, I was thinking of playing it... Hmm, think Nielen. (You'll understand if you've read DD) Just much, much less arrogant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:55 pm 
Random Trainer

I gotta hand it to you, SK, you come up with some of the best RP ideas ever.
I'm picky about my elements. Personally I affiliate myself with air or water, but angels won out this time just for having wings.

Name: Iah
Species: Angel
Abilities:
~ Aicrafting: When he's required to fight, he creates arrows by solidifying air and shoots them with a bow formed in a similar manner. He is able to create arrows of varying lengths, with different arrowheads, and has crafted/used short bows, long bows, and crossbows.
~ Extremely limited light magic: About the only thing he can manage is bending light waves away from himself, creating the illusion of being invisible. He tires from this easily and can only keep it up for a maximum of ten minutes.
Appearance: Iah has purple-silver hair, falling to just under his shoulder blades, and blue eyes. His wings are white and tinged with lavender. He wears a long white robe with trailing sleeves under a pale orchid outer robe with shorter sleeves that end at the elbow. Although they're mostly obstructed by his sleeves, he also wears slightly darker purple open-fingered gloves that reach halfway up his upper arms. Calligraphic symbols in the same dark purple run down the sleeves, the sides of his robe, and the hem, with larger designs on the front and back. Tied around his waist is a thin, embroidered sash, colored the darkest purple of his entire outfit and tied just in front of his left hip. His shoes are the same color as his outer robe and resemble heeled calf-high boots.
For an idea of what he looks like, just without wings and wearing different clothing, here's his original appearance (yes, I yoinked him from Mabinogi; but he's my character, I can do that if I want to). Another drawing of him as described above is in the works.
Personality: Iah is quiet, almost to the point of being antisocial, but not quite the same. His silence stems more from not having anything to say to other people rather than from wishing to avoid contact with them. His effeminate features and tendency to not talk much, combined with the somewhat ambiguous figure his robes lend him, cause him to often be mistaken for a girl. To amuse himself, he occasionally weaves air into materials resembling cloth and silk, though he always allows them to drift apart instead of really doing anything with them.
Text Color: Orchid

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Last edited by BionicleMandi121 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:16 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Here's a few idea for species:
Treefolk(Earth)
Birdfolk(Air)
Fairy(Water or Air)
Golem(Earth)
Goblin(Fire or Earth)
Moonfolk(Water or Air)
Dragonfolk(Fire or Air)
Hope one of these is helpful.I'll make my character later.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 am 
Pokémon Legend

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
I gotta hand it to you, SK, you come up with some of the best RP ideas ever.

Thank you! :) That means a lot to me.

Whoops. In my haste, forgot to make the profile template :sweat: I'll go edit my first post with that.

Mandi's is pretty good, but another thing the profile will need to have is abilities. Like magic and ElementCrafting. Magic and ElementCrafting are... in all basicness, inversely proportional. Like, the Balanced. Best ElementCraftrs you'll meet, but they cannot use magic. An Angel who is very good at light magic wouldn't be a very great AirCrafter. And, due to the strong magical powers of Elves, many can not even EarthCraft one bit.

Dark Gentleman wrote:
Here's a few idea for species:
Treefolk(Earth)
Birdfolk(Air)
Fairy(Water or Air)
Golem(Earth)
Goblin(Fire or Earth)
Moonfolk(Water or Air)
Dragonfolk(Fire or Air)
Hope one of these is helpful.I'll make my character later.

Thank you for the ideas, but I don't like how so many are two elelments. That is a rarity, as can be seen with the dwarves. I'm gonna have to say no to Golem and Birdfolk as well.Uh... well, let's just see how things turn out. Kinda have to go to skool now. I'll edit the first post later. Ta.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:13 am 
Random Trainer

Oh, right. That could be pretty important.
Added his abilities under his appearance. I'm guessing at what you mean by ElementCrafting, but if I'm off, I can just go back and edit some more. Love that edit button ~

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

If you don't like the speces I listed you can change them however you want, like I said they are just ideas.Okay here's my profile:
Name:Devfizaffricoradomiicazsitaruqaeraa(Or Dev for short.)
Speces:Demon
Appearence:Dev has long black hair and black/red eyes.His skin is a blueish-gray color and his ears are a little more pointy then a human's are.He has six horns growing from the top of his head and stands about 6 feet and 7 inches tall.His teeth and fingernails look human but can become sharp and pointy during a fight.He wears a black/blood red robe along with matching gloves and boots.He also wears some silver jewelry such as rings,earings,a necklace, and even two silver arm bands with a demonic design.
Powers:He has command of much fire and blood based magic.He can also drain people's blood like a vampire or inject them with his blood which is poisonus.His main weakness is water,while it won't kill him,he is made powerless while underwater.If he loses any blood while in the water it simply dissolves,it also doesn't work on merfolk or any other water based creture.Also as he is a demon, his natural abilites are much stronger then a humans(Better hearing,eyesight, and so one).
Text color:Red

Last edited by Dark Gentleman on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 pm 
Pokémon Legend

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
Oh, right. That could be pretty important.
Added his abilities under his appearance. I'm guessing at what you mean by ElementCrafting, but if I'm off, I can just go back and edit some more. Love that edit button ~

*smacks forehead* Did I seriously forget to mention that controlling the elements is called ElementCrafting (which seperates to WaterCrafting, EarthCrafting, AirCrafting and FireCrafting)? Woooow.

As for your AirCrafting, that's a pretty neat trick with it. Go ahead and use it.

Uhm...yeah...got home later than expected. I'll probaby edit this post later with me profiles. Gonna go endit first post with template.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

Yaaaaay new RP.

Name: Martris Dawnwalker
Species: Elf
Appearance: Has brilliant green eyes and shoulder-length black hair with long bangs. Wears a red and black tunic with black trousers and a golden headband with a red gem set in the middle. Also wears a long purple cloak with a hood. Weapons include a staff with a large red crystal at one and, and a jeweled dagger.
Abilities: Magic 'n' stuffs.
Text Color: Purple

Last edited by Doodleshark on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:17 pm 
Random Trainer

That's a good question regarding age. I think it applies to all the other nonhuman species, too. How long are their lifespans compared to a human's?

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:32 pm 
Pokémon Legend

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
That's a good question regarding age. I think it applies to all the other nonhuman species, too. How long are their lifespans compared to a human's?

Elves are desceneded from angels who decided to settle on the Surface, so they age the same (and that also explains their similar appearance). So, both races age as humans do until around their early 20's-ish. They then remain looking like a young adult for... maybe a hundred years or so. I dunno, didn't think it through a huge amount. After that, they'll age pretty slowly, living to around 400-ish.

Demons live to around 1,000 years. Dark, you'll just have to take off...a few hundred years :P.

And... the Balanced... uh... never really though about their life span. Definatly longer than human. Probably a bit longer than elf/angel, shorter than demon. Meh. Somewhere in that range.

I'll explain for other races if people want to make characters of other races.

Oh, and another thing about angels. They can make their wings appear and disappear at will. I've given up on thinking about how that might work with clothing >.<

Kayz, here's my profile...s.

Name: Arielli (nicknamed Elli)
Race: Angel
Abilities: Knows limited AirCraft (and therefore isn’t the greatest at flying), but is excellent at light magic. However, her abilities scares her a bit, so most people don’t know her true potential for magic.
Appearance: Arielli has long, pale light blue hair with white streaks. Her skin is pale, as is the skin of all angels, though she is exceptionally pale. She has long ears that point out (as opposed to up), as do all angels. She also has a pair of snowy-white wings that she can cause to appear at will, as can all angels. Though all angels have light builds, Arielli is exceptionally thin. Her light blue eyes are extremely light, matching her hair almost perfectly. She wears white and blue robes with angelic runes written on the trim. Arielli always carries a bag with her. Inside it are various books, and some other trinkets.
Personality: Arielli is very shy, but also very bright. When talking to someone, she’ll usually stutter and fumble for words. She’s even a bit afraid of herself, specifically the powers she contains for magic. Most of the time, she keeps to herself, and she can usually be seen reading, which is her favorite thing to do. Gilantias is one of the few people she trusts. Arielli has known Gilantias since she was a little girl, and she looks up to him and is very close to him.
Text color: Sky Blue

Name: Gilantias (nicknamed Gil)
Race: Angel
Abilities: Gil knows a good deal of AirCrafting, but he also isn’t bad at magic. If you were to put ElementCrafting and Magic on a spectrum, he’d be a bit on the AirCrafting side.
Appearance: Though he is in his fifties, Gil still looks like he’s a young adult as he is an angel. He has short blonde hair and golden eyes to match. Gil also is always wearing his glasses. Gil is relatively strong for an angel, and knows how to wield a sword well. He almost always has a sword with him that he inherited from his father, who was a warrior. Like all angels, he has long pointed ears that point out and white wings that he can make appear at will. He is also dressed in gold and white robes. Like Arielli, he carries a bag with him at all times, and his bag also contains books along with other various trinkets.
Personality: Gil is very studious, as he is a scholar and spends most of his time with his nose in a book. He is very friendly, though, and enjoys talking with others. Like most angels, Gil has a strong dislike of demons, and has even fought against one before in a minor skirmish. As he has no siblings of his own, he cares deeply for Arielli, and thinks of her as a younger sister despite the age difference (it is not uncommon for blood siblings to be so far apart, as angels live long).
Text color: Gold

Meh. I'll make my Balanced character come in later.

Image Image

Last edited by Saber Knight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:35 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I'll join this as well. Just give me some time to creat a char :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:47 pm 
Pokémon Master

((^^ 'Kay, thanks. I wanted mah character to be like around 17-18ish in human aging, so I'll just do that then.))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next