It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Pokemon United
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 am 
Gym Leader

You have been invited to a conference at the Ranger Union HQ to discuss current events of our world. As we believe that you can help solver our current problems. The conference will be held in a weeks time.
As you may be aware our homes have been plagued by Natural Disasters. Eg, Snowpoint city is now like a desert when compared to its usual winter wonderland. Dormant Volcano's being active and multiple earthquakes and tsunami's, to name a few. We have learned from previous experiences that this con not be a natural occurrence, and we intend to find the cause and if possible, set things right.
We hope to see you at the conference and If you do come, that you have a safe journey.

Sincerely,
- Lina Ramandier, Top Ranger.

Okay guys, Long story short; It's the end of the world and its up to us (our characters) to save it! In this RP you can play as a Pokemon Ranger, Trainer, Breeder or Watcher. Yes can play as yourself if you wish. I would prefer it if there was at least one character from each category (the more the merrier), But if not then I'll make up the extra characters needed... if their needed... I'll start the RP in a few days, but pretty much your character will receive the letter (paragraph above) and head to the Rager Union in Almia.

Ranger

Name: (What people call you.)
Partner Pokemon: (That thing that follows you everywhere.)
Region: (The region your from.)
Base: (The Ranger Base you work at.)
Bag: (No you cannot fit a bike in here.)
Personality: (Your behavior.)
Appearance: (What you look like.)

Breeder/Trainer/Watcher

Name: (What people call you.)
Region: (The region your currently traveling.)
Home Town/Region: (The town/city/region your from.)
Profession: (Breeder/Trainer/Watcher)
Bag: (No you cannot fit a bike in here.)
Personality: (Your behavior.)
Appearance: (What you look like.)

Name: Lina Ramandier
Partner Pokemon: Ninetails; Lina met Ninetails on her first mission as a Ranger. It is unknown how old her Ninetails is as it seems to have some unusual abilities. Lina is the only one who knows of these and is abel to Telepathically communicate with Ninetails. Although she is still unsure of the extent of her Ninetails abilities.
Region: Almia
Base: Ranger Union HQ
Bag: Fine Styler, Pocket Knife, Note pad, 2 multi-coloured Pens, Mobil, Wallet, High powered metallic pink mini torch, Survival cook book, Bandanna, a Banana,Pokemon food (specially made for Ninetails.) Chocolate drinking powder, sugar and milk Power, Travel mug.
Personality: Although serious when it comes to her job, Lina likes to have a laugh and have fun. She's rarely seen without a hot chocolate or the items in which to make a hot chocolate. She likes to encourage everyone she meets to smile and does what she can to help them smile. She has her own personalized uniform and takes pride in the fact that she made it herself (she really good at sewing).
Appearance: I was bored so I made a sprite instead, and it was more fun ^_^
Attachment:
Lina.PNG

Attachment:
Almia.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That spikes you when you pick it up

Last edited by Kaida on Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Pokemon United
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm 
Random Trainer

Hm, think I'll join this with an old character. A really old one. My first roleplay character ever, actually.
Silver (and Opal, if she sees this) would notice a few differences from the version they know.

Name: Louanne Elanor Diaz
Region: Sinnoh
Home Town/Region: New Bark Town, Johto
Profession: Trainer
Bag: Various types of balls (mostly Great, Ultra, Dusk, and Timer, though she has several of all the other types too), potions (Super and Hyper), Revives, Berries (lots of 'em), her wallet, Pokedex, house keys
Personality: Happy-go-lucky, likes to help other people, holds grudges for ages, has been called goody-two-shoes at least once. Has a soft spot for Flying-types, but trains all kinds of Pokemon and treats them all fairly. Hates having her Pokemon KOed, so she tends to not battle anyone or anything aside from Gym leaders, their junior trainers, members of any Team, and wild Pokemon (AKA battles that are more or less mandatory). Harbors special hatred for Team Rocket, since they were the ones causing trouble in her home region. Spends so much time wandering she usually ends up staying in Pokemon Centers, although a few occasions have had her sleeping in trees.
Appearance: Louanne has green eyes and blond hair reaching just above her hips. She wears a white T-shirt, blue capris, white socks, and white sneakers. She used to wear her Pokeballs on a belt around her waist with her money bag and items, but now she keeps them all in a yellow hip sack (think May, but more to the side than behind).
Current Party: Pidgeot (male), Feraligatr (male), Luxray (female), Bagon (male), Rapidash (female), Lugia (I can change this to something else if you guys object)(I'm gonna say this one is female, just 'cause I don't like the whole genderless thing, especially if Lugia can apparently reproduce)
Text color: Blue

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Last edited by BionicleMandi121 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm 
Mew

I'll be joining sometime over the next few days (just not today or tomorrow, cause of school work).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:36 pm 
Random Trainer

I think we should be able to tell the difference between Trainer, Breeder and Watcher some how.

Name: Aura Demolord
Region: Johto
Hometown/region: Solaceon town, Sinnoh
Profession:Trainer
Bag: 89 ultraballs, Full Restores, Explorer's kit,Pokedex, fishing rod, Fossils, star pieces, and other treasures.(It's a big bag.)
Personality: A treasure hunter with a slight problem, She beilieves the PokePETA are behind her family being nearly destroyed. That, and she has to deal with the family's psychic powers which she's just starting to develop. So yeah, she's a paranoid psychic treasure hunter who can only use telekinesis. Also goes overboard around Beedrill, often going into a nervous breakdown.
Appearance: Blond hair, hazel eyes, black t-shirt, a Turquoise pendant, jeans, tennis shoes,and a large backpack. Wears her pokemon on her belt.
Pokemon:Farfetch'd(Male) Wigglytuff(female)Gallade(Male)Charizard(Male)

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

Last edited by auragongal on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:00 pm 
Random Trainer

How about adding "Profession" right after home town/region?

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm 
Random Trainer

That'll work.

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm 
Gym Leader

Okay Added in Profession, thanks for pointing that out. ^_^

Mandi, the Lugia is okay, although I ask that it be a baby/young Lugia. I would prefer it if we stayed away from having legendaries if possible. (Unless their young ones that have for some reason been abandoned or something similar, of course this would only work for ones that can reproduce.)

And that's all find Aura.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 am 
Random Trainer

Alright, a young Lugia is fine. I kinda like the idea, actually; never roleplayed a young Pokemon before.

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I'll join this in a few days. Once I get back from Virginia, which'll be either Friday or Saturday.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:04 am 
Gym Leader

Name: Harmonei Gwanchal
Region: Hoenn
Home Town/Region: Verdanturf Town, Hoenn
Profession: Watcher
Bag: Several sketchbooks and other forms of art supplies, a couple of pokeballs, oran berries, Retractable fishing rod and butterfly net, water bottle, anything shiny she happens to pick up...
Personality: Rather Scatterbrained and has trouble finding things in her bag since she has the tendancy to put them in the wrong pockets. Has a natural artistic talent and can draw practically anything jsut by looking at it. Brighter than people give her credit for underneath her absent-mindedness. Current mission: to create her own Pokedex in the form of sketchbooks and notebooks.
Also thinks it's stylish to dress like her favourite pokemon.
Pokemon: Blaziken. (She made the decision to be a Watcher when she found an abandoned Torchic that had been mistreated when she was young and, when she took it to be healed, started asking questions and found that learning about something other than the boring stuff at school was fascinating. She studied the theory related to all things Pokemon, but decided that she would benefit more from her own research once she got bored with the books. )
Appearance: I copied Kaida and made me a SPRITE!
Attachment:
Harmonei.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.
Bag: IC: 275

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 am 
Pokémon Master

Name: Kevin Hofman
Region: Kanto
Home Town/Region: Saffron City, Kanto
Profession: Trainer
Bag: Pokedex, some pokeballs, some potions, some full heals, some revives, a DS with games, a music phone, a laptop computer, a pair of cool sunglasses, a giant book of trivia knowledge and a seemingly bottomless box of pretzel sticks.
Personality: Lazy, critical, hypocritical and prone to back-talking. Distrusts the government and authority in general. Likes Poison Pokemon 'cos they're cool.
Pokemon: Gengar, Rhydon, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Victreebel, Venomoth
Appearance: Has bright green eyes and black hair with long bangs that hang over his face. Wears a black hoodie with a distinctive white zipper running down the middle and navy blue jeans.

Last edited by Doodleshark on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:14 pm 
Random Trainer

I'll join! I don't have my profile yet, but I just wanted to let you know I was joining. I'll edit this post with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm 
Gym Leader

Do we have too many trainers? I'm just asking because I don't really know much about the other professions, but I don't want to overflood the trainer category.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:47 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I'll be joining soon a well.

And so far we have 1 Ranger, 1 Watcher, and 3 trainers.

Btw, I'll be a breeder.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 pm 
Gym Leader

Phonox wrote:
Do we have too many trainers? I'm just asking because I don't really know much about the other professions, but I don't want to overflood the trainer category.

This is why I picked a watcher. Even then I had to ask Kaida over MSN WTF a watcher is.

But I found a helpful site (which I already knew about, but Kaida pointed me in the direction of and made me facepalm at the fact that I didn't think of it)

Hope this list will help:
Watcher (I also looked up Tracey for more info)
Breeder
Ranger

and I'm sure we already know about Trainer.

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.
Bag: IC: 275

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next