It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Ynfinatia - The Journey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:05 pm 
Gym Leader

Since the beginning of time there has always been connection's between our world and another, Portals that lead from one to the other. They are not always open and you don't know you've found one until you've stepped through it. And no one knows they exist because no one has ever made it back. It maybe someone you know, or someone you've seen on the street, at the shops, or a missing person on the news.
So brave adventurer, will you venture into this mysterious world?
Will you be able to make it back to tell your tale?
Are you Prepared to enter the doorway?

Okay with this you can do a self insert or make up a character. In short, you get transported to another world and you have to find a way back home. That's all the details I can give you because it spoils the fun of finding what's there. This RP is going to run similar to Portal Panic and Atma's Pokemon RP's as in I won't have any characters apart from Ones you run across.

Name: (Your Name)
Home Country/State: (where your from/live)
Interest's: (What you like)
Personality: (What your like)
Appearance: (What you look like)
Inventory: (What you have with you)
Strengths/Weakness: (What you're good and bad at)
Jewelery: (Pretty much your favorite, eg. Necklace, earring's, armband, anklet, etc.)
Text Colour: (Colour!)
[note: Jewelery your wearing goes in appearance. The Jewelery section is for what type you like to help with the story later on.]

That spikes you when you pick it up

Last edited by Kaida on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:05 pm 
Blaziken

Name: Dice 'Byrns' Lee
Home Country/State: Small Town called Sugarsville. (Yes I made it up)
Interest's: A good challenge ; magic ; new skills for him to leard ; sweets, and a good joke every now and then.
Personality: Crazy(enough to charge into a battle without a strategy), sarcastic, stubborn/hardheaded person with quite a wierd sense of humor. Doesn't have the sense of fear. maybe he forgot it at home or somthing.
Appearance: 5' 11" tall ; blue eyes ; short, blond hair ; No beard/mustache ; long, sturdy, grey pants ; short sleeve blue shirt ; brown gloves ; thin
Inventory: A silver Long sword ; Small, steel, hidden dagger ; A metal helmet (he doesn't like to keep his helm on all the time) ; 4 bags of sweets from his home; and an ocarina.
Strengths: Close combat ; Sword fighting ; Horse riding ; Co-op in fights ;
Weakness: Far range attacks (arrows, etc.) ; scared of insects (T_T) ; Not good with bows - "I have horrible aim"
Jewelry: Band of Avoidance (Small silver ring with an onyx as the jewel, given to him by his father, sometimes has a mysterious glow that defends Dice) ; Nature's Wrath (Bronze necklace, given to Dice as an award for winning a tornament[this means that he doesn't know its history]. Protects Dice from certain magic and illnesses[he still sneezes sometimes])
Text Colour: uhh... Black?

I don't like the edit count system!! >_<;;

Last edited by Dice on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:15 pm 
Gym Leader

WOOT! FIRST TO PLAY!

Name: Hamish MacDonald
Home Country/State: Scotland (but recently moved to Australia)
Interest's: All sorts of random things. Known top change obsessions in an instant.
Personality: Sarcastic, Optimistic, outgoing and loves to meet new people. Becomes extremely shy around people that he has any feelings for, but tried to hide it. His friendliness can sometimes look like flirting (with everyone, male and female) but it’s really not.
Appearance: Tall, slender with dark, slightly curly hair and blue eyes. Wearing formal-style clothes (good button-up shirt tucked in to trousers and a tie and loafers.) because that’s just what he always wears. Always wearing a huge, friendly smile unless emotionally affected.
Inventory: A student bag with various books and stationary in it (He’s studying to be a parapsychologist,) a packet of chewing gum, some hand sanitizer gel, as set of keys and wallet. A silver chain with a ‘Seal of Rassilon’ Medallion. (The medallion is made from a magic artefact found in the dwelling of a witch executed n the Salem witch trials. [yes, they were right for once on that one] It adds to a person's natural resistance to illness etc, and works similar, when required to a perception filter. That's why Hamish turned it into a 'Seal of Rassilon')
Strengths/Weakness: Quick-witted, able to think on his feet, but deathly afraid of spiders. (just because that’s random^^)
Jewelry: Likes Rings and Necklaces best.
Text Colour: Red

*edit* GAH! ninja'd!

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.
Bag: IC: 275

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:04 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Name: Kent Toren
Home Country/State: Japan (now lives in America)
Interest's: Tecnology, good food, mage, cooking.
Personality: Kind, good at making friends.
Appearance: Kind of tall, not that skinny, spiked brown hair, brown eyes, a whit shirt, dark blue jacket, jeans, and a backpack. Silver chain on his arm, found on the edge of a mountain. Lets him heal wounds of others and himself.
Inventory: Keychains, wallet, jump magazines, watch, cell phone.
Strengths/Weakness: Cooking, fast thinker, good at spotting things hard to find, really hates stupid questions.
Jewelery: Likes arm chains and basically shiny stuff.
Text Colour: dark blue

God, this is my sixth damn edit!

Last edited by Kisori on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:41 am 
Gym Leader

Kisori, read Kaida's first post again...

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.
Bag: IC: 275

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:03 am 
Gym Leader

Thanks Astral.

Astral Omega wrote:
Name: Hamish MacDonald
Home Country/State: Scotland (but recently moved to Australia)
Interest's: All sorts of random things. Known top change obsessions in an instant.
Personality: Sarcastic, Optimistic, outgoing and loves to meet new people. Becomes extremely shy around people that he has any feelings for, but tried to hide it. His friendliness can sometimes look like flirting (with everyone, male and female) but it’s really not.
Appearance: Tall, slender with dark, slightly curly hair and blue eyes. Wearing formal-style clothes (good button-up shirt tucked in to trousers and a tie and loafers.) because that’s just what he always wears. Always wearing a huge, friendly smile unless emotionally affected.
Inventory: A student bag with various books and stationary in it (He’s studying to be a parapsychologist,) a packet of chewing gum, some hand sanitizer gel, as set of keys and wallet. A silver chain with a ‘Seal of Rassilon’ Medallion. (The medallion is made from a magic artefact found in the dwelling of a witch executed n the Salem witch trials. [yes, they were right for once on that one] It adds to a person's natural resistance to illness etc, and works similar, when required to a perception filter. That's why Hamish turned it into a 'Seal of Rassilon')
Strengths/Weakness: Quick-witted, able to think on his feet, but deathly afraid of spiders. (just because that’s random^^)
Jewelry: Likes Rings and Necklaces best.
Text Colour: Red

That's all good Astral.

Kisori wrote:
Name: Kent Toren
Home Country/State: Japan (now lives in America)
Interest's: Tecnology, good food, mage, cooking.
Personality: Kind, good at making friends.
Appearance: Kind of tall, not that skinny, spiked brown hair, brown eyes, a whit shirt, dark blue jacket, jeans, and a backpack.
Inventory: Keychains, wallet, jump magazines, watch, cell phone.
Strengths/Weakness: Cooking, fast thinker, really hates stupid questions.
Jewelery: Silver chain on his arm, able to create special fire attacks from hands. Found on the side of a mountain.
Text Colour: dark blue

The Silver Chain's okay Kisori, but not the fire attacks, you'll get something of that sort later on.

Kaida wrote:
[note: Jewelery your wearing goes in appearance. The Jewelery section is for what type you like to help with the story later on.]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:15 am 
Random Trainer

Reusing an existing character from a different forum 'cause I feel like roleplaying her again.

Name: Iruini
Home Country/State: Prontera, Rune-Midgard (from the Ragnarok Online world)
Interest's: Fighting, improving her knife techniques
Personality: Sarcastic, tends to be suspicious of strangers, not very social
Appearance: Red eyes, long pale green hair tied back in a tail, typical Assassin clothing dyed dark green (too lazy to describe this "typical Assassin clothing" so I'll add a picture later. If you don't want to wait, I can reference you to the official Ragnarok Online character information pages. The Assassin is second from the right under 2-1 Job Class.) She was originally left-handed, but learned how to use both hands equally (or almost equally) well after becoming an Assassin.
Inventory: A pair of Jurs, two stilettos, a belt pouch containing a few necessary items (toothbrush, soap, comb, extra hair ties, and a small bottle of dark brown temporary hair dye), and a larger bag with several changes of clothing (not all of them look the same as the set she's wearing; she has stuff for blending in with crowds too).
Strengths/Weakness: Specializes in using knives and katars. Capable of turning invisible for a certain length of time, endowing any weapon with poison, and striking at extremely high speeds in short bursts (the specific skills are also given on the official site). Has a (normally suppressed) soft spot for cute fluffy things, as demonstrated below. Horribly susceptible to magical attacks, but can dodge or defend efficiently against physical ones.
Jewelery: (chain) Necklace with small pendant of some sort, usually in a simple shape
Other: Despite being of the Assassin job class, she wasn't usually hired to kill other people. Her clients normally paid her to get rid of monster infestations in certain areas of concern, such as their basements, the city culvert, a nearby forest, or a farming area. During one of these raids, she found an abandoned NineTail monster and, since it was very young and showed no signs of aggression, took it home with her. It now follows her around, usually by lying on her head. Other people often mistake it for a hat until they notice its eyes watching them.
Text Colour: Dark Green

I feel like I need to explain something. In the actual game of RO, obviously only the users logged on create characters with job classes. For the sake of roleplaying, my friends and I pretend only a small percentage of the continent's population choose to pursue job classes. All the other 'common' people wear more casual and varied clothing than the job class 'uniforms,' although everything has a vague medieval/renaissance sort of feel to it. Soldiers and guards also have uniforms, but they're a lot simpler in design.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:12 am 
Pokémon Master

Ooh, a new RP. Fun...

Name: Kevin Hofman
Age: 17 (technically 21... appeared to stop aging after he died and was subsequently brought back to (sorta) life.)
Home Country/State: Originally from Brill, then moved to Dalaran, then moved back to Brill after Dalaran was destroyed. Currently adventuring in The Barrens. (Warcraft universe)
Interest's: Magic, fire, adventuring, phat loot.
Personality: Cynical and apathetic (although easily freaked out), enjoys burning things.
Appearance: A victim of the Plague of Undeath; has sickly, gray skin and glowing yellow eyes obscured by greenish-black hair with long bangs. Suffers none of the rotting or atrophy that befalls other Forsaken. Wears a simple black, sleeveless shirt and black pants as well as a long, flowing violet cloak with a hood. Always seen with a pair of bright red, super cool-looking gloves on his hands.
Inventory: A wooden staff with a red crystal on the end, a dagger, several belt pouches containing herbs, potions, empty bottles and spell reagents.
Strengths: Kevin is a fire-specialty mage (although he knows a good number of Frost spells as well.), and as such is able to offensively use a wide variety of magical attacks. (although most have the same result... muhahahafire!)
Weakness Easily intimidated. Also, mages aren't exactly known for their great physical stature, making it easy to defeat Kevin by simply punching him in the face and then kicking him until he stops moving.
Jewelery: Necklaces and bangles; preferably gold with emeralds, rubies or sapphires.
Text Colour: Blue Violet

Last edited by Doodleshark on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:39 am 
Gym Leader

Eh. Happy RP week.

Name: Brent Lewis
Home Country/State: Confusion... I mean Maryland, USA
Interest's: Programming, math, reading. Man I'm boring.
Personality: Random. Under control of emotions, that doesn't mean I restrict them. Oh, and sarcastic.
Appearance: Baggy cargo pants, cloth belt, loose T-shirt with "It is as bad as you think/ and they are out to get you." written across it, blue unzipped hoody, watch with a universal remote in it (seriously), freckles, glasses, scruffy hair, Hazel eyes, Czech decent.
Inventory: Wallet with gas money, car keys, gum, mechanical pencil, cell phone.
Strengths/Weakness: logic/strength
Jewelery: Anything he can sell later for profit.
Text Colour: Orange

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:33 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Name: Seijaku Tsuyosa
Home Country/State: Age Island (...Curse being on a forum full of people that have never played Monster Rancher 4/Advance/2...)
Interests: Spacing Out, Outer Space
Personality: Quiet, Gentle, Shy, Naive... He's eight years old, remember.
Appearance: White hair, yellow eyes, Santa Claus style hat, red scarf, purple parka with a star pattern, white gloves, black boots.
Inventory: A few G, a book about constellations, a rubber band, and some lint.
Strengths/Weakness: Gullible and easily scared... but he's good at being cute. He can navigate using the stars, though that doesn't help him much during the day time... and there is that other thing.
Jewelery: Earrings. Of course, he keeps his ears covered by the santa hat anyway, but he does think they're cool.
Text Colour: Purple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 pm 
Blaziken

oh. I think I should post that I finished my bio.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Sounds interesting. I'll join.

Name: Leila
Home Country/State: Hyrule (Legend of Zelda unvierse)
Interests: Reading, outsmarting people that are older than her, pickpocketing
Personality: Leila is extremly intelligent for her age. She can outsmart many people older than her, and highly enjoys doing so. Yet, at the same time she is very mischievous. Someone who's not careful will find that they're wallet can mysteriously disappear.
Appearance: Leila has blue eyes and glasses (though it is uncertain if she really needs them. Most people just think she wears them to look smart). Her long brown hair is almost always seen with a red bandana. She wears a simple white cloth dress under a blue tunic. Oh, and she has pointed ears. That too.
Inventory: She carries a small bag containing a couple books almost always. Her pockets tend to also contain "borrowed" items, such as some money.
Strengths: Leila is good at....well being smart. She's also not half bad at pickpocketing, and is especially good at the "I'm innocent" act. Leila is also very quick, though not physically strong.
Weakness: Being outsmarted. If she finds she's wrong, it tends to lead her into a babbling stupor, which it takes her a bit to recover from.
Jewelery: Necklaces, espcially ones with sapphires.
Text Colour: Cyan

Edit: New text color= This one (#00BFFF)

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Last edited by Saber Knight on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:19 am 
Gym Leader

Everyone's all good.

Now we can start, you'll post how your character goes through the portal. I'll then post to tell you where on Ynfinatia you've ended up. I'll start posting when at least 4 people have replied.

If anyone else would like to join you can do so in the OOC Thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:46 am 
Random Trainer

Iruini yawned, allowing herself a brief stretch. She kept half-lidded eyes on the target tacked to a tree several meters away. As she watched, a blue-feathered arrow buried itself in the second-most inner ring, bordering the bull's eye. "Missed again," she commented with a grin, casting an amused glance at the blue-haired figure standing some ways to her left. "How do your propose to fight monsters with aim like that?"
"Oh, be quiet," groaned her younger sister, selecting another arrow from the quiver at her waist. "There's a reason why I bother to practice, you know." The Hunter took careful aim again. Iruini sighed, a small smirk on her lips, then got to her feet and brushed herself off. The NineTail on her head shifted as she moved, looking up and blinking at his surroundings before returning to his nap.
"While you do that, I'm gonna get going," she called over her shoulder. "Some kid in Archer Village got his apartment infested by Thief Bugs again, and he needs me to clear them out. Poor thing can't even get rid of some insects on his own."
"Mm-hm." Her sister was aiming a third arrow; her second had gone wide and plunged into the outermost ring. Iruini's smirk widened slightly. "Have fun."
"I probably won't," the Assassin muttered to herself as she set off through the woods. "Thief Bugs are ridiculously easy to kill..." She threaded between the trees with ease, having long since gotten to know the area extremely well. She was slowly making her way through the forest surrounding Payon, toward a bridge that would lead to the town itself. When she reached it, however, she tripped over a small monster that strongly resembled a large hemisphere of pink jello. Nearly hitting her head on the bridge railing, she regained her balance just in time and swiveled around, a dagger in hand and glaring around her for the offending monster. She didn't see it. For that matter, she didn't see the bridge she was just on, either, or the forest surrounding them. "What the-" Only years of training prevented her from dropping her knife from surprise. Her NineTail, dislodged from his seat when she tripped, dashed around her, yipping in agitation. She reached down with her free hand, picked him up, and set him on her shoulder. Stroking the tiny thing between the ears, she looked around her, more carefully this time. She also kept her weapon out. "...Where in Rune-Midgard am I?"

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:24 pm 
Blaziken

((Awesome!))
Dice walked around in a forest holding a sheet of paper. "Take a left." Dice muttered to himself, turned and continued to walk. "....and you should be there." Dice looked up from the sheet of paper to see a cave infront of him. "This is it?" Dice said while putting the sheet in his pocket. "I expected more from a 'dangerous' contest such as this." Dice added and entered.

Inside the cave... "I can barely see anything and it is going to get darker." Dice thought to himself while digging through his backpack. "I know I bought it! Where is it?" Dice muttered. "Here it is!" Dice almost said loudly and while pulling out a Torch. Dice crouched and put the torch on the floor upside down then skid it across the floor. "Come on..." Dice said while skidding it. A minute later, the torch caught fire. "Finally." Dice said and then started to continue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next