It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Malachite's Throne
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:00 am 
Random Trainer

Deep within the kingdom of Vidakteal, the epicenter of darkness in the world, there sits the Throne of Malice, which has the power to corrupt. Its current Master is the warlord, Malachite. Since he ascended the throne, he has corrupted many nobles and other authority figures.

One day, in a small village just near the outside of the kingdom's boarders, a prince was born. He was no ordinary mortal however. It was soon discovered that he possessed the ability to purify the corrupted minions of Malachite. The dark lord was angered and sensed a threat from the child. At the age of nine, the prince was kidnapped and disappeared without a trace.

With the prince in his possession, Malachite found that he couldn't kill the troublesome child. He was protected by other worldly forces. So, the dark lord took a different approach and commissioned an alchemist to assist him. The child, by this time given the name of Gil, was altered.

Gil was changed into a hybrid, a human and a feline mixed into one body. This made him unrecognizable to any who had known him. His ability to purify was sealed within a dark symbol upon his forehead. Malachite then left the child in the care of one of his most trustworthy minions, Lady Sepentia. It has been eight years since then and the status of the kingdom has only deteriorated further. Not many are left who have been untouched by corruption, but there are some... And together, they might be able to find a means of destroying the Throne, thus ending the spell of corruption.

~ Profile ~
(Note: Add things if you'd like.)
Name:
Race:
Class:
Description ~
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Weight:
Features:
Markings (if any):
Clothing:
Weapons:
Brief History:
Text Color:

~ My Character ~
Name: Gil
Race: Hybrid (Human and Feline)
Class: Prisoner
Description ~
Hair: His hair is a lovely shade of purple and falls in a wave past his knees.
Eyes: He only has his left eye. For reasons unknown, his right eye is missing. His eye color is a deep gold with a feline pupil.
Height: 5 ft. 9 in.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Features: Gil has a pair of brown cat ears, a long tail, 1 inch claws, sharp feline fangs, and there's no fur anywhere on his still human body except for his ears and tail.
Markings (if any): The dark symbol on his forehead.
Clothing: His most noticable accessory is a thin silver collar around his neck. Aside from this, he wears a shabby long-sleeved shirt and tattered pants.
Weapons: He has a set of attatchable claws made of tempered metal so that they will not break easily. They are about a foot long and fit comfortably on his hands.
Brief History: He was the child altered by Malachite in his youth. Lady Sepentia mistreats him all the time and only allows him freedom when using him as a weapon in battle. While spending nine long years in captivity, he has lost the ability of human speech and is only capable of begging with soft mews or growling and beastly animals cries. (Note: He will eventually be able to speak in human speech.)
Text Color: Purple

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 am 
Gym Leader

Name: Mordotz
Race: Iksar
Class: Warrior
Description ~
Fins (Instead of Hair): 3 rows, the one in the middle the largest
Eyes: Blue
Height: 7'4"
Weight: 287 lbs
Features: Same as the Iksar picture above, except instead of black its a Semi-dark blue, and instead of yellow its White.
Markings: Various Tatoos over his body
Clothing: This, without the helmet or the thigns sticking out of the back.
Weapons: Sword and Shield
Brief History: Some would have argued that he was one of the greatest warriors of all time when he was younger. There were even rumors that he had bested even the mightiest of creatures, a Dragon. One day, though, he disappeared without a trace, without any reason. That was 20 years ago...
Text Color: Dark Cyan

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:53 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Name: Runcible Skorvar
Race: Gnome
Class: Merchant
Description ~
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Height: 4''2'
Weight: 104
Features: Narrow face, rather large nose.
Markings (if any): Odd purple tattoo on his face. It's a squiggily line from his forehead to the bottom of his cheek, running through his eye.
Clothing: Merchant's robes (white and black motif), tunic, leather shoes.
Weapons: Illusion magic(as a specialization-he CAN use other types of magic, but he usually doesn't.), small knives
Brief History: Runcible was born in Nikrik Zogog, the capitol of the gnomish people. He had a strange mark, however, which made him an outcast, who was abandoned in a nearby human city. There he was found and adopted by a bard, who raised him and taught him many of the things that he cherishes today.
Text Color: Olive.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:58 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Name: Mori
Race: ...Bird (I know! I know! I need to mix up the characters a bit! But Mori's just so much fun...)
Age: Unknown (Bird years and people years a re different, see? So with the age finding and the conversions and all that it's unecessarily complicated and not worth the effort)
Class: Archer (Yeah, she can use a bow and arrow. Don't ask ME how she does it.)
Description ~
Hair: ...A couple of stray feathers.
Eyes: Black
Height: 1'4"
Weight: 15 lbs.
Features: A small, orange beak and lots of white feathers.
Markings (if any): None... that she knows of, at least.
Clothing: Wow, this is awkward... none.
Weapons: A bow and arrows. Yeah, she can carry that around somehow.
Brief History: Mori's spent most of her life just people-watching... so she's naturally got good eyes which made archery much easier once she figured out how to fire an arrow with wings. As for the talking bird bit... it's a long story that will, ideally, come to light later.
Text Color: Gray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:36 am 
Random Trainer

The mess hall of Lady Sepentia's large fortress was alive with noise and the act of eating. Sepentia herself sat near the wall of the room in a large throne-like chair. Beside her, chained to the wall by heavy shackles on his ankles, was Gil.

Gil was sitting on the hard floor, merely looking around at all the people with his one golden eye. He didn't dare to draw any attention to himself. But this didn't stop the guards from noticing him.

One of the guards' favorite games was to toss scraps of food just out of Gil's reach and watch him struggle against the shackles to get them. They just happened to be playing that game with him right now. But they soon got bored of that and a few of them got up to walk over to him.

Gil cowered and crawled back away from them until his back was pressed against the wall. He was trembling, knowing of what they wanted to do to him now.

A guard spoke up. "Time for his daily beating, eh, boys?", he cackled. The others joined in his laughter and encouraged the beating. The guard reached down to undo the shackles and pull the cowering kitten out into the center of the mess hall. Sepentia watched with a malicious smile. "Don't be too rough now...", she mocked.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:40 am 
Gym Leader

Among the guards was a large-built being. He walked over with the guards, his face covered by helmet, hiding his features. Upon his back was a massive shield, covering the sheath and blade of a wondorous sword. As the first guard went to punch the hybrid, he grabbed his hand.

"May I get the first hit?"

"Knock yourself out."

The man nodded as he stepped forward, bringing his fist back, aimed straight for GIl.

Gil recoiled, bringing his hands up to try and protect his frail form.

"By fire be purged..." He said softly, grabbing his sword with his right hand. He brought his left hand up, removing his helmet.

"Hey! He's not one of us! He's..." was all they got out,

In one swift motion he withdrew his sword, spinning, and knocking all the guards down. He then grabbed his shield, standing in front of GIl.

"Come all ye who don't fear death."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:15 pm 
Random Trainer

Lady Sepentia quickly stood up from her chair and pointed her index finger sharply at the intruder among the guards' ranks. "Get him! Do not let him take the kitten away. Lord Malachite would be very angry if that were to happen...", she commanded, nervously biting her lower lip.

The guards however were all rooted to the spot. They knew well who their intruder was... and all were hesitant to attack. For fear of certain death. However, they decided that facing Malachite's wrath was just as bad as death and so they charged the intruder in large groups.

Gil was still upon the ground, behind the being who had just saved him from a beating. His eye was opened wide as if in disbelief that this was happening. There was also an undertone of confusion and fear in his delicate features. He watched on as the guards began to swarm the being and cringed back just slightly, putting his hands over his head. Soft whimpering could be heard just beneath the guards' cries and the sounds of swords and shields.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:33 am 
Gym Leader

Mordotz easily fended off all the guards. After the last of them retreated, he quickly turned toward Sepentia, hurling his shield, and knocking her to the ground. He walked over, and stood over her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 am 
Random Trainer

Senpentia looked up in fear at the intruder, shaking and trembling all over. "P... please, spare me... I was only following Lord Malachite's orders...", she pleaded, holding a hand near her face as if it could defend her.

Gil opened his eye and yelped as he saw numerous corpses laying around him. He then looked for the being who had caused it all and found him standing over his current owner... She was pleading for her life. This caused a spurt of anger in Gil. He quickly ran over to the being, standing slightly behind him, and growling at Sepentia. His fur was fuzzed out and he hissed at the evil queen, showing his dislike of her.

ImageImage

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:59 am 
Gym Leader

He lowered his sword, knelt down beside her, and held his hand on her forehead. "By fire be purged." He said, as his hand began to glow, creating a rune on her forehead. The fire and rune dispersed, and Sepentia was clear of Malachite's dark persuasion. He stood up, and stepped back, gently pushing Gil back with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 pm 
Random Trainer

Sepentia closed her eyes as all traces of the corruption disappated from her being. When she opened them again, she became slightly confused. "What happened here...?", she asked, looking around the mess hall.

Gil peeked out from behind the iskar, ears twitching. Why had his rescuer not killed her? Why did she seem to have forgotten everything from before this moment? He couldn't ask so he decided to merely watch as things played out, his tail flicking back and forth softly.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:59 pm 
Gym Leader

Mordotz sheathed his sword, turning to Gil, and offering him his hand. "We should go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:20 am 
Random Trainer

Gil's ears perked up as the iskar mentioned they'd be leaving. He nodded and took the hand that was being offered to him.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:12 am 
Gym Leader

Mordotz took his hand, and quickly moved toward the exit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:13 am 
Random Trainer

Gil followed along behind the iskar as they exited the fortress. Once they were outside, the kitten quickly raised his free hand to shield his eye from the bright sunlight. It was something he wasn't used to. With the iskar guiding him by his other hand, he wasn't concerned about running into anything outside.

(All right, all of the other characters can begin appearing now.)

ImageImage

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next