It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Feathers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:41 am 
Articuno

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Haibane Renmei Fanfiction: Red Feathers</span>

Please do not read this if you have not seen all of Haibane Renmei as it will spoil it for you. if you wish to read it without watching the anime, it may be hard to follow.

This is written in a third person diary format and is set 5 years after the end of the anime.

Image Sou
Image Rakka Image Hikari Image Kana Image Specker

Day Four: Stained Feathers

"Please, tell me what you remember from your dream inside the cocoon"
"My dream? I'm..."
"Oh, I'm sorry...was it a scary dream?"
"....."
"Please, its okay, your safe here...talk to me about it if you feel up to it"
"Well...I remember...I remember there was a river...at least, I think it was a river..."
"Do you remember anything else?"
"The river...its wasn't water...I think....the river was red..."
"A red river? Do you remember anything else?"
"...."
"Please."
"I think I...I think I fell in the river."
"Is that all you can remember?"
"There...there was something else...but I can't remember what it was..."
"It's okay. Don't push yourself."

Rakka lent back and scratched her head as the newly hatched Haibane turned her head away from her and closed her eyes in shear exhaustion.

Kana step forward and lent on Rakka's shoulders
"Kind of sounds a little like my dream, I was floating in a river as well. But mine was a normal river...and I didn't fall in"
Hikari looked a little disappointed "The names will overlap again"
Rakka nodded "We should name her when she wakes up."
She glanced at Kana "Did you get the halo mould?"
Kana returned from her sloping position on Rakka's shoulders and walked to Rakka's side.
"Yea, the halo mould in my room. Do you want me to go and get it?"
Rakka shuck her head "No, not yet. Lets wait until she wakes up."

Hikari walked towards the bed and looked down at the unnamed Haidane that rest in the guest room bed. The girl looked to be around 16 or 17 with earth brown hair cut into a messy bob. Her face looked strained for the ordeal she had only just gone threw. Hikari looked at the girl sadly. Her wings had been cleaned by Rakka and herself the day before, but they were still stained a dark red. The wings looked the colour of a withered tomato.
The Haibane had hatched from a cocoon about four days earlier, and she hadn't been found until yesterday. Her cocoon had sprouted in Reki's old paint studio, in the room that had been locked since her day of flight.
Hikari imaged the horrors the pool girl must have faced alone. The dream in her cocoon that sounded worse than any nightmare she had had. Hatching alone in the sealed room, spending horrors pounding at the door with no response...and then having her wings sprout from her back and stained, all the while having no idea where she was or why this was happening to her.
Hikari had been the one to hear her screams for help and the pounding on the door. Only Reki has ever lived on that floor of Old Home as it was never structurally sound. She'd tried to force the door open but found it was sealed tightly. After rounding up the other Haibane, Rakka had finally reviled she had the key.
Rakka had hesitated in opening the door at first, but Kana took the key from her and opened it.
All the Haibane except for Rakka where horrified the learn this room had been painted by Reki...a nightmarish landscape. The poor Haibane lay on the floor, exhausted and traumatised in the pool of liquid that had been execrated by the cocoon.

No one had asked Rakka about the painting in the room yet. There minds had all be focused on looking after the new arrival, but Hikari could not keep the questions that burned within her held any longer
"Rakka...about...about Reki's room"
Rakka looked up at Hikari, who had not taken her view from the new Haibane
"Why...why did she do that? What...what..."
Rakka sighed and then interrupted her "It was Reki's nightmare in the cocoon."
Hikari wanted to ask more questions, but when she looked at Rakka's face, and the heartbroken expression it held, she could tell it wasn't the time.

Day Five: Akai

"Well, all you can remember is a red river right?"
"What off it?"
"Well, it is the custom of the Haibane to take a name that reflects there cocoon dream"
Rakka stood up and placed her hand on her chest
"My names is Rakka, it means falling. I took that name because in my cocoon I was falling from the sky."
Kana introduced herself next "My name is Kana. It means river fish. In my dream I was swimming in a river"
The unnamed Haibane tiled her head slightly in interest as Kana's dream mirrored her own.
Hikari walked closer to the bed and lent forward slightly
"My name is Hikari. Hikari means light because in my dream I was surrounded by a white light."
The three present Haibane finished introducing themselves.
"Now we need to think of a name for you"
The Haibane flinched "But I already have a name. Its....huh?"
Rakka smiled warmly at the confused girl "All Haibane forget there names...we should call you...Akai. It means red"
Akai's face turned into a fearful frown
"DON'T CALL ME THAT NAME!" she shouted, making everyone jump back in surprise
"DON'T EVER CALL ME THAT!"
She tried to pull herself out of the bed and storm out of the room, but her ordeal had made her weak, and she fell to the floor.
Kana ran towards her but didn't get there in time to catch her.
Akai passed out and had to be pulled back into the bed. Rakka placed a damp cloth on her head
"She's developing a fever..."
Hikari's face turned into one of concern.
Kana stood up quickly and ran out of the room shouting back something about getting a doctor.
Rakka sat back down on the chair next to the bed. Her expression matching that of the one Hikari sported
"This isn't going so well..."
Hikari walked towards Rakka and placed her hand on her shoulder
"This is the first one we've had to deal with on our own...Nemu was her for the twins...but..."
Rakka sighed "It's hard to believe its been two years since Nemu took the flight"
Hikari spoke, continuing the theme "...and five years since Reki left..."
Rakka's face fell at Reki's mention
Hikari glanced at her "I'm sorry...I-"
Rakka looked at her and smiled wanly "It's okay Hikari...I just still miss her...that's all..."
Hikari nodded and then glanced at Akai.
"Its odd though...Nemu told me once Reki was found with her wings already grown in a sealed room. Don't you think its ironic the same thing happened to someone else in Reki's studio?"
Rakka's eyes grew wide and she looked at Akai herself. She looked sensitively at the wings for any black spots, but thankfully found nothing.
She sighed in relief
"Its probably just a coincidence"
Hikari nodded slowly, not really believing the two events were unrelated.

Day Seven: The Halo

Akai was aloud to recover another two days before the issue of the halo came about.
Kana retrieved the halo mould from her room and it was presented to Akai, who out rightly refused to accept it.
There was a long discussion and Akai began to shout and scream again before she fled to the balcony. She threatened to jump of if she was forced to take the halo, so Kana returned it to her room again. Akai remained outside for another hour before she fell asleep from exhaustion.
She was carried back to the bed. It was decided that Rakka would take her to see the Renmei when she felt better.

Day Ten: The Renmei

"So, you don't remember all of your cocoon dream...and you refuse to take the halo"
Akai did not indicate to the masked speaker 'yes' or 'no'. Rakka sighed and moved her right wing, indicating 'yes'.
The masked speaker took a hold of Akai's head, his intention to look at her face, but Akai violent pulled away and yelled at the speaker "DON'T TOUCH ME!"
Rakka flinched but managed to hold her tongue.
The speaker took a little step back in surprise at the violent reaction
"You are not permitted to speck in this temple without permission Haibane Akai"
Akai scowled and attempted to argue at the use of that word to refer to her, but Rakka quickly clapped her hand over her mouth before she could protest.
"Your wings are stained I see. Where they cleaned straight way?"
Rakka sadly indicted with her left wing the answer was 'no'.
"I see...do you protest the name Akai because of you wings?"
Rakka was studded at the speakers words, she'd never even considered Akai might be sensitive about the state of her wings. In her self reflection she let go of Akai, who quickly took a few steps away from her.
She was about to speck, but then indicated 'yes' with her wings.
The masked speaker nodded his understanding. "Then I will give you a name. Your name will be Sou. it means stream"
Akari, now known as Sou, looked at the speaker "Take this name well Haibane Sou. Now go. I will call you when we have your book reader."
Rakka desperately wanted to ask the speaker a question, and made much noise with the bells on her wings to get the speakers attention
"Haiabane Rakka, you may speck"
"Along time ago, a Haibane named Kuramori came to you. She asked if you would do anything about Reki's black feathers...please Speaker...is there anything we can do for Ak...I mean Sou? Her feathers are stained and no matter what dye we use, we can't clean theme."
Sou glanced at her feathers, and then she looked away from them in disgust
"Use the special dye Reki once used. It will take the edge of the stain. One treatment will be all she requires"
Rakka indicated the Renmei gesture for goodbye, and she and Sou left.
The speaker turned and began to walk towards the back of the temple
"That one is just like Reki...I fear she will not accept my guidance..."

Day 12: Issho and Kai

COMING SOON

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by shauni on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:58 am 
Articuno

Day One: Birth

She stood in front of the river that flowed with a torrent of red liquid. The 'water' was thick and almost resembled salad dressing in its texture, but its flowed none the less. A biting wind bit at her bear legs and made drying streams of tears freeze on her face. IT was the dead of night and she could hear a low rumbling sound all around her.
She looked at the river, a sickening feeling coming to her stomach. She left cold breathing on her neck...the rumbling coming only from behind her.
She turned slowly...
Two orbs of glowing red light met her....she screamed...and then she was pushed.
She landed in the river...it felt as thought she was being pulled down...she screamed and scream, trying to swim to the surface that she could not see.
She was surrounded by dark red...she couldn't breath...
She closed her eyes in a prayer...then suddenly...the sensation of suffocation ended.
She opened her eyes slowly at first. She could see nothing but a green and white blur, and hear, or rather feel in her head, the rushing and ebbing of fluids all around her.
She cautiously looked around.
She could not tell where she was, or why. She appeared to be underwater, maybe in some sort of cave. She would've been dead by now if she was actually underwater, so she figured drowsily that she must be dreaming or she wasn't really encased in fluid.
She remained her for a long while...until she noticed she could scrape at the walls surrounding her.
She began to dig her way and, pulling the lining of her watery womb. Suddenly there was a sound, like the sucking of air.
A multitude of small rifts and lines began forming along the wall, snaking their way up and down. A large crack reverberated.
The girl tried to cry out, but only sucked in more harmless liquid. Finally, little bits and chunks of the wall began disappearing, pulled outside. Everything went quiet for a while.
The girl continued to crape at the wall when a huge and dark line sprang up the wall of the enclosure, and the walls gave way.
She was washed away with the strange fluid and flung to the floor.
She began to cough and spit out the fluid, heaving as if she were being sick. Then she noticed the floor on which she rested.
"Pebbles?" she asked herself.
Her view moved from the floor to survey her surroundings. She held a scream as she coward back to the cocoon. She had hatched into a black and oppressive world...she thought she has returned to her nightmare.
She screamed and screamed...but her voice was husk and her body weak.
No one would be coming to save her just yet.

Day 12: Issho and Kai

Issho, a pretty 18 year old looking Haibane with ginger hair tied into a pony tale, sat next to her sister, Kai. Kai was about a foot shorter than Issho and looked to be about 16. She had beautiful blue eyes that hid in the shade of the visor of her cap. Kai and Issho has been born about four years ago, and although they looked completely different to each other, the other Haibane called them 'The Twins'.
Issho and Kai has been born at the same time. Both of there cocoons had appeared together in the same room. The two had even shared the same cocoon dream, and seemed to be bond to each other by fate. Issho tended to treat Kai like a little sister because of the high difference. Kai sometimes protested, but she was a little shy and silently appreciated the protection.
Issho and Kai had wanted to help with Sou with the other Haibane elders, but Rakka had insisted they wait to be introduced.
Rakka knew that Issho was often quite tackles with her words, and with Sou's obvious temper, didn't want the two to be introduced until Sou had settled in.
Issho stood at the door of the guest room, with Kai standing behind her. The two of them had waited 12 days to meet the new Haibane and were beginning to grow impatient. Issho forced the door open enough to get a good look at Sou.
Sou was sat on the bed, reading what looked like a book.
Kai forced her head under Issho's and also spied on the new arrival.
Sou was reading a book that Rakka had borrowed from the library for her. It was a book that contained details on what people knew about the Haibane.
Rakka had found talking to Sou difficult because of her attitude, and had left the book in the hopes it would answer any questions she may have.
Rakka had also left Reki's dye on the table in the guest room, instructing Sou on how to use it, but the bottle remained untouched, and as a result, Sou still had read feathers.
"Hey, check it out...she has red feathers" whispered Issho
"Wow! I didn't know you could be born with red wings!" Kai innocently replayed
"Don't be stupid. They didn't find her right way. her wings are stained with blood."
Sou, who had surprisingly sharp hearing turned around quickly as she heard the world 'blood'.
"WHO'S THERE?!" she shouted, and she threw the book at the door with a strong throw
"GO WAY!"
The book hit the door and shut on Issho's finger.
"Ahhh!" she screamed in pain.
Sou went white
"Issho!" Kai yelled "Are you okay?!?"
Issho pushed the door open with her foot and stormed in the room.
"You crazy idiot! What was that for!"
Sou stood up and glared at Issho, but then noticed she was cradling her hand.
Sou went pail and then she ran to the balcony.
"Hey! Where are you going! Get back here! I'm not done with you yet!"
Sou, who had hidden herself under the table on the balcony, began to weep as she realised she'd just lashed out at someone
"You deserve to be strained with blood..." she whispered to herself as she held her knees with her arms in an attempt to confirm herself.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:56 am 
Articuno

Day 13: Kai’s halo

Issho sat cradling her finger. It was still stinging, even after 24 hours. She was very angry with Sou at the moment, but she had heard the Haibane mumbling something about deserving to be stained with blood’. She was angry, sure, but concern for the angst Haibane now consumed her.
Kai still slept silently in the bed across the room from Issho. The girl talked a lot in her sleep and was having what seemed a full blown conversation as she snoozed.

Issho stood up and walked over to Kai, watching her sleep. Rakka had called this heavier ‘checking on the chickens’, but Issho just worried about Kai.
They had been threw so much together, but threw out everything, they had had each other.

Issho sighed at this thought. If Sou wasn’t careful, she would push everyone away…and have no one.

Kai turned to her side, her hat sliding from her head. Issho had to suppress a laugh. Recently Kai seemed to ware that hat all the time. She even slept with it on.
Issho’s line of vision moved to Kai’s halo. The bright color was pleasant on the eyes. It suddenly dimmed a little, and then returned to normal.

Issho did a double take. If she had blinked she would have missed it, the discoloration was that quick, but she didn’t miss it. She rubbed her eyes and look again. The halo looked normal. She shrugged, and put it down to her tired eyes.

She returned to her own bed and lay down.
“I would have been all alone if it wasn’t for Kai…” she whispered.
Over on Kai’s side of the room, the light from Kai’s halo dimmed and flickered again….

Go to ROM the Comic