All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:29 am 
Egg

The Prologue: The Legend

In a time parallel to ours, in a place just close by
As the solemn wind blows, as the birds touch the sky
There lived three Erus, and a surpasser of them all
Nobody suspected that he would be the first to fall..

These three Erus held each of the keys
To save the planet from all calamities
Since the Great One fell, all hell was wrought upon
The Quaint Kingdom of D'est, whose name still lives on.

One the Erus of power and strength,
May he lend us his strength in our darkest hour,
One the Erus of Knowledge and wit,
May he enlighten us when we are in the dark,
One the Erus of Changes and Resilience,
May he help us move on, and enforce justice for all.

"and whenever someone is in peril, be he big or small, the Erus will assist, as they continue...oh look, he's fast asleep." "Maybe we should tell him the rest tomorrow. After all, that's when he will fast learn the ways of combat."
(please tell me what to improve, I'm new to this fanfic thing)

Ponder these Mysteries of Life:<br><br>1. Why do stores that are open 24/7 have locks on the doors?<br>2. Why does 'monosyllabic' have 5 syllables?<br>3. How do you know if you've run out of invisible ink?<br>4. If you take off all the wings of a fly, does it become walk?<br>5. If you take off one leg, does it become limp?<br>6. If you take off another, does it become sit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:55 am 
Egg

Chapter 1: The Fisherman's Son

Our story begins in Auster Audacia, a town just a few miles southwest from the City of Oriens. Auster Audacia isn't a prosperous, but quite cheery town where fishing is the main occupation.The Mayor, Lagros Sumana, is always friendly, welcoming foreigners and other kind deeds. Now enter our hero, the Mayor's son, Migs, called to Oriens on account of his 'training'. The boy is actually quite clever in solving problems, and is a creative inventor. Now, we visit the Genius at Work.
"Zzzzzzzz...."
As you can see, The boy is actually clever, but lazy.
"Migs, get up!" a voice called out.
"Nggngnggngnngggg....5.*snort*...minutes..."
"Migs, on the count of FIVE, your schematics will be ashes. ONE..."
"AAA...I'm up! Oh, good morning Mother." was his only reply.
Migs rushed down the steps, and quickly made (and ate) breakfast.
"Oh, good morning, sleepyhead," said his father, just getting down from the stairs,
"I trust you remembered your...'training'?"
Cleaning the table, Migs replied,"Yeah, I did! In fact, that's why I overslept! I was dreaming...about..the..trai...ning..." Then, Migs dozed off again. His father just left, carrying with him a sack labeled 'Coffee Beans-Septentrio Mountains brew' and the newspaper.
Hearing the door slam shut, Migs woke up with a jerk.
"Whuza? Oh, got to prepare!" Migs rushed to his room, messy as usual, grabbed a black leather satchel labeled 'Migs invention stuff' and 2 small, but heavy booklets. Now, he was off, not knowing what awaited him in Oriens...
(again, please criticize and review. leave comments please)

Ponder these Mysteries of Life:<br><br>1. Why do stores that are open 24/7 have locks on the doors?<br>2. Why does 'monosyllabic' have 5 syllables?<br>3. How do you know if you've run out of invisible ink?<br>4. If you take off all the wings of a fly, does it become walk?<br>5. If you take off one leg, does it become limp?<br>6. If you take off another, does it become sit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:32 am 
Egg

Chapter Two: The Thief of Strong Winds

Leaving Auster Audacia, Migs strode North toward Omni Capital. From there, he would take the SkyTram heading East. Then, after sightseeing, he would take the HoverShuttle to Oriens Town Hall. When leaving the serene settings of his hometown, he was briefly interrupted by his father. "W-Wait, Migs!" "Yeah, Dad, what is it?" "Before you reach the Omni Capital, can you deliver this parcel to the Centrum Observatory?" "Okay. I was planning on visiting anyway." "Okay! Good Luck!"were the words of his father running off into the distance. "Okay,"he thought aloud."I will stay the night at...the Ong Family Public Manor. I assume this is a hote....l..." *thud* "Or...on second thought....No! Must stay focused!"Instantly, he dashed rapidly north, leaving dust that could blind in his tracks. (Then, he picked the dust up in a plastic bag.) He decided to stop in the Southeast Settlement. But just before entering, Migs felt like someone had been running by him at supersonic speeds. "What? Who's there!? REVEAL YOUR..."While saying this, Migs pulled out a device that was shaped like a blowdryer(sic, if mispelled), with a claw(grappling) on one end, a fishing reel on the left side,a trigger, and a giant spring(attached to claw)."..SELF!! MAGNUM GRAPPLING!" Migs pulled the trigger, releasing the spring, firing the claw. The claw grabbed on to something! "Now, MAGNUM GRAPPLING, REEL IN!!" He quickly reeled in the claw, like he was fishing. The claw grabbed on to a kid! The kid was hooded, so he couldn't see his face. "Heh, nice job on catching the Thief of Strong Winds." "And who might that be?" "ME, you dolt!" The kid did a backflip, releasing himself from the claw. He then said,"Wind Elemental Magic: The Speed of a Stallion!" Moving faster than Migs had ever witnessed, the kid dashed seemingly right through him. Migs' chest felt like it
was corroding, like an earthquake was taking place in his ribs. With that much force, Migs was knocked toward the walls surrounding the settlement. Now, instead of feeling pain, power seemed to grow within his body. Migs' wounds were suddenly frozen, broken bones turned to ice! "That's it. No more mercy. Ice Elemental Magic: Negative-Zero Temperature Zone! What? How did I know that spell..? WHOOOOAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"Knocked off balance from the sudden burst of energy, Migs again slammed into the wall. But, the spell worked! The thief was frozen in place, up to his waist! "Heh. You're good, for a newbie." "Who are you calling a newbie!? I beat you, and you know it!" "Not as good as me, though."The kid unhooded himself, revealing the face of a child no older than Migs. "But, good nonetheless, being able to pull off a high-level magic spell like that. Wind Elemental Magic: Blades of a Tempest!" Instantly, his icy shackles were sliced up with wind blades, seemingly emitted from his fists. "Hey, you're heading to Oriens, right?" Migs was suprised by this. "How did you know?" "Easy. I was called there too. Plus, I have a gig to play in the Oriens Outskirts." "Okay, truce then?" "Sure, truce."
And with that, our hero left with a new ally in his adventure.
"Hey, what's your name anyway?" "Call me Anton."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:23 pm 
Egg

Chapter Three: The Unknown, Unusually Unlucky and Unpopular/Unattractive Bounty
Hunter of The North

Staying the night at the Ong Family Public Manor, the duo continued towards the Capital. But on their way, they were stopped. Well, not really. "You two there! Stop this instant! I command you to!!!!" "Hey, did you hear anything, Anton?" "Not a thing, Migs." Upon reaching the Soya Mart(still within the settlement)... The same person that popped up and tried to stop the duo reappeared. "Hey! Stop! I place upon you, Anton, a citizen's arrest!" "On what grounds?" "Thievery!" "I haven't stolen anything. It's just a title, stating that I am more than qualified to be a master Thief." "But still! I challenge you nonetheless, to a duel!! All attacks qualified! Last one conscious wins." Migs thought,"Maybe I should stay out of this, at least until this nobody loses to Anton." "The duel begins in 5 minutes. You may prepare until then." "And who are you supposed to be!? I'm way stronger than YOU! Even Migs, who's a newbie, can beat you quite easily." "Well, FYI, I am... Zhang, the Legendary Bounty Hunter!!!!" "Who?"A confused Migs asks Anton. "A pathetic nobody, trying to survive in this world! YOU, ZHANG, ARE NOTHING BUT A BUG STANDING TALL, WANTING TO BE NOTICED, JUST WAITING TO BE KILLED! LET'S END THIS RIGHT NOW!!!" The thief's rage caused rapid winds to come out of nowhere. "A duel it is then." Zhang took first strike. "Physical Technique: Trigger Happy!" Zhang went fully automatic on Anton with his dual pistols. Anton dodged them all. "Hmph. Trigger Happy? He can't come up with his own moves." Migs thought. "Wind Elemental Magic: Clairvoyant Spirits: A Strike at the Future!" Anton seemingly punched at nothing. "Hah! Is that all? Your fate is now sealed! Physical Technique: Dual Vipers Going Fully Automatic!!" Zhang jumped up and began shooting at Anton, or would have been, if Anton hadn't 'struck at the future'. Zhang felt an uppercut land on his chest. "Ungh...that hurt! Physical Style:..."Anton laughed. "Give it up! Wind Elemental Magic: Copycat!" "..Final Hit!!"were the words spoken by both fighters at once. Both punched at each other hard, Zhang with both hands, Anton with one. "Wind Elemental Magic: Backblow!!" Anton used his other fist, punched again into the air, other still locked with Zhang's. Zhang then felt a blow land on his back. "Ungh...Hey! No fair..." *slam* "Zzzzzzzz.." Migs fell asleep during the battle. Zhang was also unconscious. Anton sighed. "This was too easy. Migs, get up. We're leaving."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:31 pm 
Egg

Chapter Four: The Battle aboard the Tram

"Finally, we made it at last! It's impressive, wouldn't you say, Anton?" "Yeah, but not as impressive as YOU see it 'cuz i've ridden this thing before." Upon arriving at the large and vast Omni Capital, the duo split up and agreed to meet up at the SkyTram. Migs, overcome with a sense of nervousness, literally quaked in his shoes. (Of course, you'd be nervous too if you've only been in the provinces and for the first time been in a city where everybody thinks you're a freak) He staggered to the Centrum Observatory, where he (literally) bumped into a girl. "Hey, watch where you're going, twerp!"The girl was a bit older than Migs or Anton, was carrying some sort of cane/stave, was dressed in black leather civilian clothing, moderately revealing, but still respectable. Her hair was a shining gold, was slim, but not too skinny and she's the type that you wouldn't want to tick off.(seriously, try that and die) "I-I'm sorry, but I need to deliver this parcel to a...Reisha Darkbane?" "That's me, kiddo." "YOU'RE MS. DARKBANE?" "Yup, you better believe it. I'm guessing your wuss of a father sent you?" "How do you know that? And he's not a wuss." "Sorry, I didn't catch any of the junk you said in the past 15 seconds. So, okay, fine. I'll take your parcel. Tell your father that he still doesn't have my respect and/or regards. And, before I forget, you're called to Oriens, aren't you? Ah. I'll be seeing you on the SkyTram later. Hey, kid? Where'd ya go?" Before he knew it, Migs left the Observatory rapidly. He was more scared than he ever was in his whole life! He dashed across the beautiful fountains, the spapphire coloured beach, and the massive plaze square! Forget sightseeing, getting away was more important! He made it after 15 minutes to the SkyTram, where he saw Anton waiting. "Delivered that parcel to Reisha yet?" "How would YOU know about that?" "Eh, I've known Reisha since I was 4 or so. She's trained me in the ways of magic and speed. She's like the owner of the Observatory or something." "Okay, let's just get on the Tram." The SkyTram ,or the Tram for short, is like a combination of a bullet train and a hovercraft. Inside, the walls are ornately designed to please even the most sophisticated of eyes. Its majesty is even being compared to the Notre Dame! "Whoa, so this is the Tram?" "Yes, it's been always like this. Put your books in your satchel, and satchel in the compartment." Suddenly, a voice came on via Intercom. "Please strap yourselves in securely, we will initiate takeoff...now." The Tram started with a -ka-tching!- and a -ka-click-, the tram started to hum. 5 hours into the trip, lunch was served and everyone just finished when the Tram came to a turbulent stop. Luggage, clothes, materials were flung everywhere. Then, the voice came on again. "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Tram has stopped due to the fact that there's a hijacker/interloper on top of the Tram and has damaged the controls. Do not Panic. Thank You." Ironically, everyone minus a few began panicking. "Migs, are you alright?" "Yeah, fine." "Grab your junk, we're about to get messy." Exiting the Tram via sunroof, our heroes encountered a cloaked figure. The figure was masked, wore katars, and was hacking at the wiring. "Hey, Stop that! Leave the Tram alone!"a worried Migs demanded. "Heh. And why should I? You actually think that you, or your puny friend, would be able to stop me?" the figure coldly replied. The figure's voice was muffled by the mask. "Yes, that's what we think, and what we will do. And who are you, freak?" "If it would interest you to know, the name's NightShade." "Anton, what are you doing? And what is UP with that guy's corny name!?" "Migs, time to do battle." "Feh. You OR your friend will never escape and live to tell the tale. Dark Elemental Magic: Ties That Bind!" "Migs, use the Magnum-ma-thingy! Wind Elemental Magic: The Speed of a Stallion!" Anton dodged the dark spell, then, "Wind Style: Aerial Claws!" Claws made of air came out of his hand. He lunged at Shade, and hit directly! Sadly,"Ow! Hey, armour? Godmoder! Cheater! Ow!!!" While no one noticed, Migs prepared his attack. "Ice Style! Spear: The Magic Armor Breaker!" A spear formed in Migs' hands and hs used it to plunge directly on Nightshade's chest. Blood came out. Migs shouted out to Anton, "HEY, THE CHEST IS A WEAKPOINT! HURRY! Now! Magnum Grappling!" The grapple grabbed Shade's right arm, disarming it. "This...must not happen! Dark Elemental Magic: Dark Void!!" But before Nightshade could go through the void, Migs continued, "AND....REEL IN!!! Now! Ice Elemental Magic: Shatter!!" "Argh!"Shade screamed. Anton, newly recovered, landed a kick on Nightshade's stomach, and Migs released the grapple directly overboard. And with that, he had done it. Migs had won the battle. "Well Migs, I guess we need to go the rest of the way on our own." "Aw, man!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:14 am 
Egg

Chapter Five: The General

After beating(or more accurately threw off a Tram 500 ft. above the ground) Nightshade, our heroes are stranded on top of the SkyTram. "Hey Migs." "Yeah what?" "I never noticed it before, but what's under that straw hat?" "Hey! No dissing the hat!" "Hey, I wonder why I never noticed it before?" Just then, the duo heard Reisha's voice. "Hey, are you two still there? Stay there, I'm coming up." Climbing up the ladder, they once again met Reisha, except this time, besides the cane, Reisha had a short sword with her. In Migs' mind, he was already petrified. "Dang! I thought she would forget. Now time to get off this train wreck. Even if it kills me." Migs then jumped off the tram, noticing a fight going on at the glen just below. One of them was a ninja with a giant shuriken, while the other was some kind of knight, with a large sword and shield. The ninja was in black and moved quite fast, while the knight was in blue/yellow armour, and was slashing with all his might. The knight lunged at the ninja, who was looking at Migs, falling from the sky. "Physical Style: The Hundred Blades of Rage!!"the knight spoke. He then slashed the ninja 100 times on the ninja's back. The ninja fell with a thud. "No. It will not end here! Magic Fusion:Wind and Lightning! Kamikaze Hurricane!!" The ninja cast some magic on his shuriken, then threw it very hard, causing a cyclone. Those were the last things Migs saw before passing out.. "Hey..hey, kid! Wake up!" "Uuuuuuhhh.. What happened?" Migs felt groggy after the cyclone. He woke up to find the knight nearby him, the ninja knocked unconscious. "Hey, are you alright?"the knight asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Did you see another kid like me, wearing a blue vest with a zipper, or a girl wearing black with a large stave?" "No...but kindly introduce yourself." "I'm Migs of Auster. You are?" "Sir Douglas of D'est. Knight-errant 1st class. Let us be off before the infidel Marc wakes up and comes after us." "Yeah, let's." Before leaving, Migs picked up Marc's kunai and some water in a bottle. And then, they were off to find the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 am 
Egg

Chapter Six: The Gig at the Outs

Migs and Douglas were on their way to find the others, when they heard music from the edge of the glen. "Hey Migs. Should we investigate?" "Yeah...." After the long walk, they were in the Oriens Outskirts and also found out that the source of the music was actually a concert of his favorite band, The True Vision! The band was an homage to several bands. Anton was in it, but Migs failed to notice that they were the same person. The music was great! The vocalist sang, as the guitarist strummed, as Anton beat the drums all the while in perfect synchrony. "I am the only one..in perfect realization....I am the only one..the only one sane enough to admit my faults...The only one......As the Tempest blows forth and dies down...I am the only one that will stand my GROUND!"as these words were sung, the instruments played....until Migs saw it. The bounty hunter. Aiming a gun at Anton. Migs jumped over the fence and jump-kicked Zhang right in the face. "Hoy, jerk! My turn to wail on you! Magnum...Grappling! Close-Range!"The grapple caught Zhang, reeled him in and threw him away to the glen."Hey, twerp! Keep it down!" "Huh? Reisha?" Then, Migs saw Reisha sitting down watching the concert. "Why are you here?" "I was with Anton. He and me just teleported here. Duh." "Argh! I shouldn't have jumped off!" "Yeah. You shouldn't. Who's with you? Ol' tin can? I whupped his butt say..50 times, 1 disqualification." "No way! Douglas!" "Yeah, Migs?" "Did she really beat you 50 times?" "Yup. And one DQ." "Yeah.. good times..now, as soon as this concert is over, we're going to Oriens!" "Yeah, let's!" As the music plays, the guitar strums. And the sticks beat the skins. "My....finalization....Help me realize...the way your eyes behave.....Help to keeeeeeeeep me sane..... A past revealed, A place unsealed, the calm before the storm..."