It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mandi's Art
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:07 am 
Random Trainer

Some homework from a perspective class that I thought turned out pretty well.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 am 
Random Trainer

My characters in Pokemon Legend. /o/

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:27 pm 
Torchic

Awesome stuff there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:38 am 
Random Trainer

A gijinka of Giratina. It wasn't really intentional, but she sort of wound up with Louanne's side bangs...perhaps my subconscious wanted to give them a physical link to go with their situation in Pokemon Legend?

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 pm 
Random Trainer

So Faus reminded me I haven't yet put this up to traumatize everyone that still reads the art threads. ;3

Meet the worst trap in my roleplay character arsenal. Now with 100% more crossdressing. Yep, that's a guy.

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:14 pm 
Combusken

...You blew up the page with that...

I was just kidding. Are you trying to scare people away?

On a more serious note, while I still like your CGI of Azriel, I think you've made significant improvement on the coloring. Love how the colors seem to blend so smoothly.
For some reason, though, the right arm looks a bit off, but I can't figure out why. At first glance, I think it looks short, but when I take a closer look, the proportions seem just about right, so I really don't know.

You've also gotten better at drawing falcons, though Oletta still looks too innocent to be a bird of prey. I'm guessing that's because of her personality? She doesn't look like a pigeon/dove, at least, so that's good.

All in all, probably THE most disturbing work of art from you, but still very well done.
Don't forget to put up Jala's costume when you're done with that...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 am 
Pokémon Legend

Wow, Mandi, that's fantastic :D

...is it strange that crossdressing doesn't even phase me anymore?

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 am 
Mew

I was going to say something about how the chest and torso aren't proportioned correctly...until I read that last sentence. Great job with the coloring regardless.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:56 am 
Random Trainer

Saber Knight wrote:
...is it strange that crossdressing doesn't even phase me anymore?

Nah. I mean, it is quite popular among fictional characters, not to mention all over the Internet. o3o

Josiah wrote:
I was going to say something about how the chest and torso aren't proportioned correctly...until I read that last sentence. Great job with the coloring regardless.

Thanks~ And I'll take that to mean the trap was successful. ;)

Faustgy wrote:
All in all, probably THE most disturbing work of art from you, but still very well done.

How about now? ;D

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:19 am 
Blaziken

That's not disturbing, that's moderately creepy. And I wasn't fooled by the crossdressing surprise. Nice job, by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am 
Combusken

Blivsey wrote:
That's not disturbing, that's moderately creepy. And I wasn't fooled by the crossdressing surprise. Nice job, by the way.

It goes beyond "creepy" and into "disturbing" when you actually know the character in question. :P
And Mandi draws males and females differently, so even though that guy up there is meant to be a trap, she didn't go out of her way to give him more feminine features for the sake of making him a trap. All she did was draw him in a different pose and toss on new clothes, so it's actually not that hard to tell that the character is a male. Even if she had drawn only a headshot of the character, she would still have left a noticeable hint of the character's true gender.

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
Faustgy wrote:

How about now? ;D

...I take back my comment. I suppose it's a good thing that Iah's not nearly as fabulous as Jala. If (s)he were, (s)he would be an even more successful trap.
...Please don't get any ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

What's so disturbing about a guy wearing women's clothes, anyway? I don't see anything wrong with it. This is a legitimate condition you know, crossdressing isn't necessarily a fetish thing... Of course I don't know the character in question so he could just be doing it for kicks and giggles.

Anyways. It looks great Mandi. I like trap. I mean... I like YOUR trap. Yes. ...But liking traps doesn't mean I'm gay.

This isn't going well for me...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm 
Combusken

Silver wrote:
What's so disturbing about a guy wearing women's clothes, anyway? I don't see anything wrong with it. This is a legitimate condition you know, crossdressing isn't necessarily a fetish thing... Of course I don't know the character in question so he could just be doing it for kicks and giggles.

He is. Or at least, I'm pretty sure he's doing it for fun, judging by how Mandi portrays him.
And I guess I should clear some things up, seeing how I gave off the wrong impression.
I'm not genuinely disturbed by it. I just say it more as an "inside joke", I guess. I was also well aware that Mandi had another of the drawing of the guy coming up. She didn't show me a WIP of the second one, but did mentioned that it was even "worse" than the first one, so I was also more or less setting her up for the second art.
...I'm not sure how much sense that made.

Oh. Right. I forgot to comment on the Halloween event one.
I really, really like the hairstyle on this one. It's really different from the ones you've drawn before, and I think it turned out pretty nicely. And the coloring on the clothes... Wow, the clothes look like they're made from silk, just because of how you had shaded.
I personally think a darker hue would look better for this, if only because it's Hel that Jala's dressing up as. Then again, this is Jala, so...bright and cheery is probably fine as well. Eh, personal preference.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 pm 
Random Trainer

I more or less ripped the colors for the clothing, chair, and background straight from the game sprite/environment (YAY EYEDROPPER TOOL+SCREENSHOTS). It is kind of surprisingly bright in there... but yeah, it's Jala, he would look kind of weird in black, or colors close to it. o3o

And yes, he is indeed doing this for kicks and giggles. He loves the reactions he gets from people that see him (as do I), so he does it just to elicit that kind of response. 8D

Expanding on what Faus said about how I draw my traps, if you look carefully, he does sort of have an Adam's apple in that first drawing, something I don't usually draw on women. Also if you look carefully (as Josiah has done), you can tell his body has masculine proportions (including torso length and jaw shape). If you're willing to look at it that closely and spot all the little hints, then it's possible to identify all of my traps as such. It's just that most people don't get beyond looking at his pretty hair and his facial expression and most importantly his pose, which is part of what makes this so fun.

Glad you liked it, Silver. /o/

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:52 am 
Random Trainer

So, who remembers this guy?
I never posted up his evolution, so here it is.
Might be wondering why I'm reposting super old sprites from 2005. Well, there's a custom sprite contest going on over at PokeFarm, and I took that as an opportunity to re-sprite them. Because honestly the old sprites were pretty bad.
So this is what they look like now. Complete with transparent backgrounds!
Image Image
While I was at it, I also made a scratch sprite of a baby Lugia
and am currently working on mutilating a Dialga sprite into something Sonic-related. Which I may post up later.

Meh Siggy Site

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next