It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 pm 
Mew

Not bad at all, though I'm curious as to why you colored everything except his skin.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Thanks, Josiah. Yeah, uhh...I...I can't make good "normal" skin colors. It's a weakness of mine.

And, if I decided to base any character's skin color after my own (except for my self-sprites, of course), they would look very pale.

Also, laziness and the fact I finished this up at...7 or 8 am. So, yeah...

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:45 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Lo! What light through yonder window breaks?

Why, t'is The Week of Randomness! What a radiant maiden be she. So mysterious and filled with wit. See, how she chooses those winners within her week. O, that I were to be a winner within that week, that I may get 3rd, 2nd, or even 1st place!

How now? You think I doth be too bold as to be a Romeo to The Week of Randomness' Juliet? A fair and delicate maiden such as she? Perhaps, though perhaps it is meant to be this year. Pray that our story does not end in such woe as Juliet and Romeo.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:14 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Ah, what a piece of work is this art! How noble in linework, how infinite in sublime coloring! In form and simplicity how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel! in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of art!

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 pm 
Mew

Oh fair Poison, truly your art has become the opposite of your name, a thing of beauty, light, and grace. Surely some great muse hast descended upon you in the months since you last set forth to grace us with the fruits of thine talent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I hope thou not be mocking in thy praise, for truly 'tis a thing of beauty. Thy Week of Randomness with all her wit surely brings out the best in us all.

And may I still be free to create more of these in the coming week, for it shall be a shame to miss on such an opportunity. Alas, 'tween my schooling and slight sickness, 'tis may prove a difficult task.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Now you see...It all started, as most stories like this do, with a dame. Her name was free time. Her and I are very well aquainted, 'specially at home. Now see, she walked up to me during school, a place I don't see her very often. She told me to come with her, but I declined saying I had a bit of homework to finish up. Well, she dragged me against my will to a computer, sat me down, and logged me onto Photoshop. She told me to draw and create to my heart's content. Now, you know dames, you can't trust 'em, but she was pushy and I succumbed to her. I drew until my mouse was steamin'. Next thing I knew, the bell was about to ring and I had to run off to class. Before I left, I looked around.
She was gone.
What a dame...

So to sum it all up...

I made this. Silhouettes, how you work?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:14 pm 
Mew

Ah, it seems you likely did most of your drawing with the pen tool. As it is the only sure way to get smooth curves and outlines exactly the way you want them. The brush tool could have been used, but it can be hard to keep it on track, especially with an ordinary mouse. If you have a tablet, on the other hand, that would change things entirely. Then again, perhaps you're using this deliberate vagueness of your art tool choice in order to hide from us the true meaning of the painting. And that is, of course, that you are actually a spy! You thought you had us all fooled but not me! No, I have unmarked your secret through my supreme cleverness and now the game is up!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:44 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

This was actually all done with the brush tool and a good deal of free time in school, the only place I currently have access to Photoshop. I'd love to have a tablet. It would be really nice to be able to make nice, smooth lines all the time. Before that though, I'd like to get Photoshop on my home computer and have more time to mess around with it. My friend from school has been giving me occasional quick tips for using Photoshop. They've been quite helpful, as I'm someone who normally just messes around until something works. Trial and error may help you learn in the long run, but it's certainly time-consuming and risky.
For example, I've been testing out ways to make realistic tree bark. I've got a pretty good method, but it all ends up looking like sycamore or birch bark. I'm looking more for a maple type bark look. I mean, sycamore sometimes works, but I want to be able to make more variation in my tree bark.
And how could I be a spy when I'm so obviously a detective. A hard-boiled, private eye. Solving cases, getting the dames, and ending up right back where I was at the start of the film, in my office, probably having a coffee or something. Besides, being a spy is way too tough. You have to be sneaky, quick, and efficient. Being a detective, you don't have to be as sneaky or as quick, but you got to be a quick thinker. You have to keep your wits about you, and make connections to solve your case...and get the dame.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

It have traveled through seas of horrors, mountains of agony, and plains of anguish to bring you all this scene of my glorious triumph! My triumph over the horrid procrastination monster that almost made it so I could not create this! And so, I have slayed the vicious beast and brought diligence to my daily life!

Tomorrow, there may be new beasts of such evilness to bring down, and to them, I'll unsheathe my sword of willingness and bring total annihilation upon them. For this is The Week of Randomness, and my quest is to come out victorious, and cannot have such petty beasts of burden upon me. I shall eliminate all procrastination, laziness, and idling that may try to prevent me from reaching my goal!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:43 pm 
Mew

Your pictures is truly inspirational! Let us all gaze upon that heroic visage and be inspired to piece the heavens in our grand quest for truth, justice, the American way, and putting too many references into a single sentence!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 pm 
Egg

As you friend, I need to poke fun at you because you have your own thread just for your art. But then I'm one to talk considering I haven't uploaded any of my art since... idk like first week of this month? Something like that orz but of course I was never good at updating any of my online albums anyhow. This is truly a fine display of hypocrisy. Doesn't help that I've been spending most of my free time rotting in bed reading some new books. Well, one of them isn't particularly new considering it came out my freshman year buuut it's new enough to me so whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Hey man, I like to see my progression over the years I've been here. Also, why not?

Also, in that last picture, I kind of messed up the armor...a bit...kind of...a lot...But that doesn't matter, because I still slayed my procrastination beast and rose up victorious! My armor did me good, even though it kind of looks really sort of awful! Oh well! My sword of willingness will continue to slay any new monsters that dare take on me! And I shall make myself some new armor of awesomeness! And it shall contain twice the amount of awesome as the last pair did! Huzzah!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:38 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Today while I was in school,
I had a few frees, which was cool.
I worked on this drawing
And I won't soon be withdrawing
From this week in which I shall rule!

I worked on this picture quite quick,
But to my art I must stick
Because here at home,
around which I roam,
No Photoshop do I have to click.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:56 pm 
Mew

I find it quite charming
How your pictures are very disarming
And I have to say
On say this very day
Your chances they will not be harming

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next