It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Siranae's Art Stuff
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 pm 
Random Trainer

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, Saber!

I can change the pants, if you like. It'd just take a minute with the Color Replacement tool. But it'll be after I've finished Aura's.

Aura, I may be a little late, I'm back from an all day swim-meet and I'm beat. Expect it by tomorrow afternoon...EST

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:33 pm 
Random Trainer

Sorry that it took longer than I thought it would, but here's Legode.

Since she's not holding the chain, I had it coiled on her hip. I may color this over the week, as with the new classes starting up things will slow down for a little ;-).

Let me know if there's anything that I need to fix.

[Edit] Saber, the pants are fixed. I revised the old link.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 pm 
Random Trainer

It's great! but the chain also doubles as a sword, Legode just eases pressure on the ruby in the handle.

Can't wait to see it colored!

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm 
Random Trainer

Neat idea for a weapon, Aura. I fixed that and the arm (I didn't realize how long I'd drawn it :sweat: )

So here's Legode Colored.

I've been experimenting with more of the Photoshop stuff. Let me know how it looks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Wow, that's really nice! Great job, again!

Oh, and thanks for fixing the pants color. Much nicer. :D

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:48 pm 
Random Trainer

:hearts: :hearts:WOW SIRA I LOVE HOW LEGODE TURNED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And to be honest, I didn't notice the long arm either. :sweat:

Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:20 pm 
Random Trainer

Wow, thanks Aura! I'm glad you liked it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm 
Random Trainer

The recent activity in this forum section reminded me I haven't posted any drawings here in a while. Well, not that I could have anyway. I accidentally left my bookbag in the school over break >,>#

Luckily I was able to get what school work I needed from other places.

Anyway, here's a drawing of a girl. I was trying to draw a more realistic person, but I don't know if that's how it turned out. Oh, and sorry it's on lined paper. I ran out of printer paper at the time.

And this one's of a winged girl.

...maybe I should try drawing a few guys once and a while :sweat:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:19 pm 
Random Trainer

Last week I finally got Adobe Photoshop. I'd been using a trial account :-P

So, with a few projects, I got experimenting more, and found things that would have saved me huge amounts of time. Well, at least I know them for next time.

So, I decided to test it by coloring pictures I already had. I liked this one the best. Any tips would be greatly welcomed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:43 pm 
Random Trainer

Oh wow! I definitely couldn't draw anything like that, you definitely have skill! The only comment I can make is that you could have stretched the fingers out more, they look a bit small for the angle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:01 pm 
Mew

Your wrists, ankles, and elbows need to be better defined. Otherwise, pretty good (coloring included).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:18 pm 
Random Trainer

Man, I cannot do cross-legged sitting poses yet. But the winged girl is great! Though, the wings look a little bit cardboard. maybe if you did a little shading and put a little curving in the webbing between the bones of the wings, It might look better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:28 pm 
Random Trainer

Thanks, Nab. Now that you mention it, it does look kinda off.

Wow, I completely overlooked that part of the arm, Josiah. You're right about the other joints too. Thanks for the tip

Aura, I know what you mean, now that I'm looking at it again.

Well, looks like I've got more stuff to work on. Thanks for all the help guys. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm 
Random Trainer

Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. My art's improved a lot though. I mean, just looking back at what's at this thread, I can see so many things that I would change. But that's good, it means I'm learning.

So, got four things to post today.

First is a winged girl I drew in the winter. Yeah, still working on the whole cardboard wing thing.

Next is a pirate that I drew but for some reason never got around to drawing the face. To be honest I'd completely forgotten about it. Don't know how I did, I drew it maybe a month ago. Well, thought I'd put it here because I like the rest of the picture.

Then there's a girl's face. This isn't actually anyone. I drew it out of my head just to see if I could.

This next picture though is actually of a real person. Got him to sit still for around 30-40 minutes. I was surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 pm 
Mew

You're certainly improving. The pirate is pretty cool though the knees seem a bit low and the shading around her breasts isn't quite right (makes them look too flat for the curves you have around them). For the faces... I'd say that the nose and eyes could use a bit more definition (they look a little flat) but otherwise they're fairly good.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.