It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

How well does Aura draw?
Surprisingly well 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
Decent enough 59%  59%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:24 pm 
Random Trainer

This is something I made when I was bored and used MS Paint to draw it.
The Angel is Hero, He is a referee. The demon is Bob, he has a paint brush that can make things real, and also double as a lightsaber. The girl with the mace is Shinia, she is the reason Hero's a ref in the first place, while the person in the middle is me. I'm holding the omega hammer of ejection!

Any questions?

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:18 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Well, hmm... the character designs look good, and the overall quality's pretty impressive for MS Paint, but... you seem to be having quite a bit of trouble with anatomy. Like... the person with the mace shouldn't be able to stand up straight with a waist that thin and legs of differing lengths... Not to mention that the wet noodle arm could probably use medical attention. I don't think they're supposed to curve like that...

These should be able to help you out a bit. Well, that or a really good chiropractor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 am 
Random Trainer

You sound like my brother right now, and besides do you have any idea how tough it is to draw humanoid beings in MS paint?!

Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:45 pm 
Random Trainer

Yes. As I've tried it. With a laptop mouse pad. And it's true that given the difficulty of drawing in Paint, you did very well. Silver wasn't making fun of how your drawings looked. He was suggesting ways for you to improve them. And unless you draw in a completely different way using pencil/pen and paper, I think his suggestions are pretty good ones. Part of what makes humanoid beings so difficult to draw, regardless if you're using Paint or Photoshop or paper, is the anatomy and proportions, which, as Silver mentioned, you seem to be having problems with. To put it another way, not even people with waist sizes of 0 are that thin around the middle. Women are typically as broad in the shoulder as they are in the hip, while men have narrower hips and broader shoulders. Hands actually do have four fingers and a thumb, which are visible whether they're holding things or not. And heads are usually about one-half or one-third the width of the shoulders rather than being almost the same width.

I'm not trying to be harsh here. I myself still have problems when drawing people. But there's definitely room for improvement. Whether you decide to actually improve or not is your choice, really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:45 pm 
Random Trainer

Fingers are the hardest part when I draw in paint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:27 pm 
Blaziken

Those are awesome! Compared to mine, you should be extremely proud. And I'm not saying that you're drawing is bad, I'm saying its awesome!

IC - 735

ImageSunny (Togonair): Female, Attacks - Wrap, Growl, Twister, Agility Abilities - Serene Grace, Shed Skin, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 5
ImageFlara (Vulithe): Female, Attacks - Bite, Ember, Abilities - Flash Fire, Intimidate, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 0
ImageArlene (Oddchop): Female, Attacks - Absorb, Low Kick, Leer, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:49 am 
Random Trainer

This is Zevorz the shadowhound, I originally created him on Amazing Island, however, I drew him as an antrho and a ninja.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am 
Blaziken

That one is really good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:59 pm 
Blaziken

Woah, that's all I have to say. :-[====]

IC - 735

ImageSunny (Togonair): Female, Attacks - Wrap, Growl, Twister, Agility Abilities - Serene Grace, Shed Skin, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 5
ImageFlara (Vulithe): Female, Attacks - Bite, Ember, Abilities - Flash Fire, Intimidate, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 0
ImageArlene (Oddchop): Female, Attacks - Absorb, Low Kick, Leer, Holding - Nothing, Wins - 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am 
Random Trainer

This is Chris the Charmling. He is an alchemist and I based a few of his skills off FMA but one I invented consists of gathering all the trace metals in a monster's body, fusing them into a ball and calling the sphere to the user's hand. Now, I will go hide from Silver in case he sees this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm 
Gym Leader

*Is not impressed by those drawings*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm 
Random Trainer

Quote:
*Is not impressed by those drawings*

Why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 pm 
Gym Leader

Because of two main factors:
1)Your level of skill is low (no proportions or bodies, blockyness)
2)MS Paint (it IS possible to make awesome things with Paint...it's just way hard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
Blaziken

Well, my favorite is the third one, and I think that they're really good!

IC - 735

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:59 pm 
Mew

It's a matter of opinion to a certain extent. Silver and Shadowman are right that the proportions are way off and the joints and the like need work as well. And, while they're better than a lot of the stuff done in Paint, better stuff can be done in Paint. Just look at Silver's Soap Opera comics, for example. In conclusion, not a bad effort but if you want to go from ok to good, you'll need to learn a lot more about anatomy and perspective in art.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next