It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Ae you more excited about the upcoming Harry Potter movie or book?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:16 pm
The Movie! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
The Book! 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Harry Potter?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:16 pm 
Random Trainer

Hey all, I just thought I'd start something here. I'm attaching a poll just for kicks, but I'm hoping this makes some fun discussions :thumbsup:
Soo...the poll is "are you more excited about the opcoming Harry Potter movie or book", this thread is for your answers to the next question:

Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:24 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I say the book due to it being the final year for Harry and all that and his battle aginst He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (can't remember or spell real name). The movie not as much cause they just don't do the books justice. Just look at Order. It was huge and because of that there will be alot of editing to the movie since the don't want to make a movie that's probably over 6 hours if the did most of the book. And with the way they've done the past 2 movies I shudder what the 5th one is going to be like. I do think they did a bad job on the 3rd. 4th wasn't bad for the time limit they had. Again Goblit was a big book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:43 pm 
Pokémon Master

well, the movies are terrable, exepet from the first two, and the 7th harry potter book will flood the book stores to the point of mobs. 'nuff said

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:20 pm 
Mew

I've probably said this before but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and am really looking forward to the 7th book. Can't wait to find out what happens!

As for the movies, I've seen each one once and I've hated them all. There's just too many mistakes and pointless changes. Plus, for such high profile movies, you'd think they could hire a better special effects team.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:12 pm 
Gym Leader

Snape-*Brick'd*

Post subject: Re: Harry Potter?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:07 pm 
Gym Leader

"Well, Harry-*Brick'd*

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:06 pm 
Pokémon Master

I finished the last book the day after it came out. I was too busy to post that I had it or anything!

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 pm 
Gym Leader

I want to say something though. I think she rushed it at the last book. I mean, how can Harry do so little in other ones, then in the last one, he does all that? Should have split it into 2 books.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:04 am 
Mew

Each book covered a year. And I think the length was fine so there would have been no reason to break it into two books (other than to make more money).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Each book covered a year, they couldn't change that at the end. There are 7 years at Hogwars, and 7 books.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 pm 
Random Trainer

Truth be told, I didn't like the epilogue very much, quoted directly from a friend (and I agree with it), it seems almost like something you'd find in a harry potter fanfic. Other than that, I liked it. Read it once, and then had the book borrowed indefinitely from an ex-coworker who was fired for stealing.
Edit: She borrowed the book before anyone found out she was a thief.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 am 
Mew

I thought the epilogue made for a nice ending. Sure it didn't go into detail about everyone's lives after, but it give a nice peek into the future and showed, as was the whole purpose, that at last everyone was peaceful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:34 am 
Gym Leader

Now, I didn't read the sixth or seventh book except the important parts and I have this to say.

Albus Severus is an horrible first name.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:50 pm 
Gym Leader

I agree. Hope you dind't just ruin the ending for someone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]