It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:54 pm 
Articuno

Lol. Once I get her set up she sweeps! Good battle anyway and I know the horror of disconnection when I'm doing well! Nice one anyway!

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:41 pm 
Mew

Wow, that was quick! Silver is clearly on a roll, though if he loses to me in Round 5, he could end up in a tie-breaker with Shauni, Stevenson, or myself.

Current Standings:
Silver - 6 (3W, 0L)
Stevenson - 2 (1W, 1L)
Josiah - 2 (1W, 1L)
Puyon - 0 (0W, 3L)
Shauni - 2 (1W, 1L)

Round 4:
Josiah vs. Shauni
Stevenson vs. Puyon
Silver vs. His Inner Demons

Deadline is the 16th, but if this past round is any indication, we'll finish before then.

Shauni, I'm on Hawaii Time (UTC -10, with no daylight savings). This week, I'm free till mid-morning tomorrow and then gone until 9 or 9:30 at night. Wed - Fri, I'm free from around 2 PM until 11:30 or so. I'll be gone most of Saturday, but could probably do early afternoon or late night. Sunday, early morning or late night would work but I'll be gone the rest of the day. Best way to contact me (with any sort of immediacy) is probably FB message, since that goes straight to my phone.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:45 am 
Articuno

Okay, I'm Free tonight, which you are not GMT 6pm to 11pm. I'm not free Wednesday or Thursday, I may be free Friday 6pm onwards but that could change. Current time here is 9.40am and your time is 11.40pm, thats a bit difficult. I think the Saturday or Sunday may be the best bet, as I can't battle you before 6pm on a weekday, and my lunch hour which is my work around would be early hours for you.

I'll FB message you on Friday, Saturday (dependant on if I go out) and Sunday when I get in, we will just have to see how we get on.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:41 pm 
Mew

Sounds good. Feel free to message me whenever (so long as it's between around 7:30 AM - 11:30 PM my time), to check if I'm available. I also tend to stay up later (1:30 AM at least) on Friday and Saturday nights.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:31 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

So my schedule is more or less free at the moment except for Thursday. How about you, Puyon?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:40 am 
Blaziken Level 100

After today, I have school off for the next four days so I should be available starting Thursday through Sunday. If you're not available Thursday, we could try at whatever point on Friday is best for you. Send me a PM whenever you're good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:16 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I return to report that Stevenson won his match against me!

It seems that was my last battle in the tournament... and I lost all my matches, haha. Give or take, this was my first competitive experience, so I guess it wasn't as terrible as it could have been.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

They were very good games, and I was absolutely impressed with your performance, especially considering that you haven't competitively battled before.

And now the most important thing in the world to me is that Josiah beats Silver. Well, and that I beat Shauni, I suppose, but Silver's the one to beat at the moment.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:00 pm 
Mew

Yeah, I'm with you there Stevenson. I really need to beat Silver and Shauni too.

As for Puyon, yeah you did pretty well and, from what I can tell, you steadily improved over the course of the tournament. Competitive battling takes some getting used to. You need to keep some of the more popular builds in mind when designing your team and IVs, EVs, and Natures all become extremely important in order to maximize your stats. Honestly, X/Y is the first time since Gen 1 and 2 that I've had a truly competitive team. The ridiculous amount of time needed to get those good IVs and EVs in past gens was always a turn off for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:54 am 
Articuno

If it helps, you need a few stat boosters on your team, to help you set up to sweep. Silver is the one to beat, his team is VERY hard. Also, I'm not going down without a fight myself! Josiah, I am free tonight, so I'll FB msg you when I'm home if you happen to be in.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm 
Mew

Stat boosters are a mixed bag. Yeah they can make some Pokémon near unstoppable after a few rounds, but boosting takes time and a good sweeper can potentially wipe out your stat boosting Pokémon before they have a chance to do much. That's why I always steered away from them in the past, though I do a bit of stat boosting with my current team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:29 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

So, if Josiah beats both Shauni and Silver, and then I beat Shauni (no offense Shauni, this math requires your loss), how will we resolve the three-way tie?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:52 pm 
Mew

Mini single loss elimination tournament.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:13 pm 
Mew

Shauni put up a good fight and had me worried a couple times, but I got the win. Final round!!! Unless I beat Silver and we end up with a two or three way tie...

Current Standings:
Silver - 6 (3W, 0L)
Stevenson - 4 (2W, 1L)
Josiah - 4 (2W, 1L)
Puyon - 0 (0W, 4L)
Shauni - 2 (1W, 2L)

Round 5:
Josiah vs. Silver
Stevenson vs. Shauni
Puyon vs. The End

Let's try to get the matches finished by the 16th. Silver, I'll talk to you on FB to work out a time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:25 am 
Articuno

Quote:
So, if Josiah beats both Shauni and Silver, and then I beat Shauni (no offense Shauni, this math requires your loss), how will we resolve the three-way tie?

:-q

Stevenson, I would much rather battle you on Pokemon X than on this Showdown website everyone keeps talking about, is there any chance your copy of the game will turn up?

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next