It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruby Sapphire Remakes
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I'm sure you've all seen it so here is thing.

Pebble Version Remake when?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:45 am 
Mew

Well, Pebble Version isn't exactly done yet... I have occasionally thought of going back and re-doing the earlier strips with updated graphics, effects, etc. But the amount of time involved has always put me off that (at the moment it's a possible future donation bonus or "once the story is over" type of thing). Now redoing it with the graphics from the new remakes would be cool...though assuming they use the graphics engine from X/Y, that'd be tough since 3D models aren't nearly as easy to work with as sprites. I imagine I'll have to at least try and make a bonus comic in that style though...

But hey, these remakes could be a good time to advertise PV a bit and attract some new readers.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:28 am 
Articuno

That is true, but I don't think they will be a straigh remake. They need to keep the character customisation in for a start off, people loved that.

Either way I can't wait to see if there are many more Mega's involved.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Ha ha, I didn't expect a serious response to the Pebble Version remake thing! That's true though that this might bring in more people searching for R/S material.

And yeah, I honestly have high hopes for new content in these games. If nothing else, we can count on new arrangements for the music! That's honestly all that matters to me. The 3rd gen soundtrack was terrible... Poketrumpets in every song...

They updated the gym designs and puzzles from G/S to HG/SS, so I expect they'll do the same this time around, and there were a few new maps added so that's not too far-fetched either. I wonder how they're going to handle the Battle Frontier? It would be cool to see the Emerald map make a return honestly but it's pretty different from what we've got in X/Y. Pokemon Contests were also introduced in R/S and I'd be really disappointed if they didn't bring them back. Since they weren't too popular they might replace them with something else (Like those video things in X/Y) or cut them entirely, but we'll see.

I'm also expecting them to keep trainer customization and super training. They're popular features that it would be silly to remove. I'm hoping they'll also keep O-Powers and make the Streetpass compatible with X/Y; I don't know how difficult it would be to code that but now that update patches are a thing that can happen they can add the necessary data to X/Y to make it easier.

Also Colly reminded me that Secret Bases existed! I forgot about them because they didn't really work that well in 3rd Gen, but with Streetpass they could actually be really cool!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:17 am 
Mew

I would expect contests to return, though probably updated to either the D/P version or some new version. As for now content... Probably something similar to Emerald and...maybe a dungeon for Deoxys and/or Jirachi?

I agree that trainer customization and super training will probably be back. And I'd add Pokémon Amie to that list as well. Then again, this is Pokémon. It seems like each new entry drops half the new features from the previous version...

Secret bases + street pass could be cool. And I wouldn't think it'd be very hard to street pass with X/Y if they wanted to. That said, I never did figure out what street passing was good for in X/Y...

Now what I really want to see in these remakes... Xain and Cali. Not gonna happen, but that'd be about the coolest addition I can imagine.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Looking at other remakes, FR/LG had the whole Sevi islands thing with added dungeons for Lugia and Ho-Oh, plus events for one of the legendary dogs... so rather than dungeons for Jirachi and Deoxys (who will probably just be handed out through events) I'd expect dungeons for like, Dialga and Palkia or something.

Yeah, apparently, the "remakes" team and the "new generation" team are completely different, so this is gonna be from the HG/SS guys, not the X/Y guys. Who knows, maybe instead of Pokemon Amie we'll get the Pokewalker back...

StreetPass did a couple things in X/Y: it generated "Pokemiles" based on how far away the person you streetpassed lived from you (but since you could also get these from online and people you streetpass most likely live near you it wasn't very useful), and their active Pokemon would pass by in your Pokemon Amie room
And then of course if you were both playing at the same time, they'd show up in your "Passerby" list, so you could send them O-Powers, trade, or battle. So yeah Secret Bases though.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:57 am 
Articuno

Quote:
Pokemon Contests were also introduced in R/S and I'd be really disappointed if they didn't bring them back

I hope they make them like contest in the anime, with contest battles. I always like the idea.

They are going to look pretty good in 3D as well

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:48 am 
Articuno

Anyone got any comments on the new megas and devolution forms?

Sableye is a meh, I like the look of the two new starters megas though!

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasa ... ions.shtml

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:27 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I kinda feel the same way... I mean from the metagame perspective Mega Sableye could be a big deal, it's always been a cool Pokemon that just didn't have the stats to do what it needed to and this'll give it the stats. But it's design isn't really that interesting. Really excited for Mega Sceptile though, he looks cool and GRASS DRAGON YEAH

Aside from that though... we got a trailer that was like "Two adventures to chose from!!!" And I am very, very worried. If this means they're actually gonna go with Ruby and Sapphire stories rather than Emerald... ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:37 am 
Articuno

I usually end up with both version of the game so any difference between the versions is good in my eyes, looking forward to the two different teams again. I never played Emerald.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:19 am 
Mew

Even if they pretty much stick with the R/S stories, the difference between the two games' stories was pretty minimal. Swap Team Aqua and Magma around and change the goal between flooding land and making more land...and that's about it. Emerald mixed it up a bit more. That said, I really don't expect much from Pokémon games storywise (that's what the manga is for), so whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:45 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

The major flaw in Ruby and Sapphire's stories is that they didn't make any sense at all. "We're Team Aqua and we're going to expand the ocean by... making a volcano erupt. That's gonna make the ocean bigger, right?" "We're Team Magma and we're gonna expand the land! That's why we hang around in undersea caves. Because we hate oceans!" In Emerald, Team Magma had the volcano plot and Team Aqua was the one that hung around underwater all the time and you fought both of them instead of just one PLUS they added the space station thing to balance out the two team's screen time and it was just so much better in every way

I mean they used Crystal's story for HG/SS, with Eusine and Suicune and everything so I just assumed they'd use Emerald's since anything else would be a step backwards! Here's hoping...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 am 
Articuno

Either way I'm looking forward to it, a new pokemon game is exciting as always, and two in one year, yay!

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:34 am 
Mew

While the Emerald story would be better, I'm not going to be too impressed in that department unless they adapt the story from Pokémon Adventure, or Pebble Version.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:08 am 
Articuno

Like you say, who really plays for the story LOL.

First time through yeah, but 3rd or 4th time your just skipping text.

Go to ROM the Comic