It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pokémon X/Y
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:31 am 
Articuno

Mega Evolution! A whole new "form" of evolution!

I like them personally, and it is about time Absol got some love!

Still not sure about the Mewtwo, but its an optional form, so I can live with it.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/S ... Evolutions

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 am 
Articuno

So, big pokemon news from the new Pokemon Direct. You get to pick from the new starter pokemon from your friends, then the Professor will give you a start pokemon from Kanto...that can now Mega Evolve.

Mega Charizard looks really cool! He's all spiky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lhaSxUJ-OU

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:12 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Okay, it's time for STORY TIME!

So I name all of my flying types after metals; it's just something I've done forever because I name pidgeys Silver, and decided to do that across every game, so all spearows and fearows are Copper, all Swablus and Altarias are Tungsten, it's just a thing. So I catch a fledgling in this game, and I want to name it Bismuth.

And the game won't let me.

After trying a bunch of times, I figure it out. The game is trying to prevent me from naming it that because it contains the word 'smut'. Really guys? I mean, sure, censorship is necessary in a kid's game, but firstly, SMUT? REALLY? And secondly, it's got letters all around it, it's clearly a different word, and it's not like I named it biSMUTh.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:18 pm 
Mew

So who got / is getting which version?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:19 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I have X. It's been slow going as I've been working and stuff, so I just beat gym 1. My brother has Y though, so I technically can have access to the whole pokedex.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 am 
Mew

I'll actually be picking up my copy of X in an hour or so. Couldn't yesterday due to it being Shabbat.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:04 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I've got X, Colly's got Y.

I just got my Squirtle and I've been training him up so he's the same level as the other guys. Which, at this point, is just Chespin and Fletchinder. Yes, Chespin. No way I'm letting him evolve until he can go straight on into his final stage. I also, unfortunately, had work yesterday; would've taken off like I normally do for Pokemon, buuut I had to take Friday off for reasons outside my control and can't really miss two days in a row... So here I am, 24 hours in, with only one badge.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:21 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

At least you're not bumming a 3ds of a brother, haha.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:12 pm 
Mew

Well, I spent the better part of today playing (around seven and a half hours, the longest game marathon I've done in ages). I just got the Poke Flute, the main part of my team (Combusken, Ivysaur, and Froagier(? I'm probably spelling that wrong)) are in their mid twenties. And I haven't reached the second gym yet. Seems there's a pretty large gap between it and the first gym. I'm keeping a Fletchinder around too, at least until I get it fully evolved. Not sure about the other slots. Right now I'm just using them to level assorted new Pokémon. Expect me to hit you guys up for some of the Y exclusives in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am 
Pokémon Champion

Got X myself as well.

Havn't had much time to play it though with work and a take home test due Tuseday, i've gotten to the route outside of the city with the professor and that's about it. Most of the team is in the mid to upper teens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Should we move discussion of our individual progress to the 'Post How Far You Are' thread?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am 
Mew

We could, though seeing as this is the X/Y thread, I think it works just as well here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:41 pm 
Mew

So, does anyone know what the point is of tipping? I haven't figured that out...

As for my progress, while this little trip hasn't been all that great overall, I have been able to spend a lot of time playing X. Right now I've got my 6th badge and just made it to the next town after that. My pokédex is coming along nicely and my main team (Greninja, Venasaur, Blaziken, Doublade, and Haulucha) are in the 50 - 60 range. Meaning I'm horribly over leveled (without even trying), so everything is way too easy. On the bright side, leveling new Pokémon to evolve them and fill out my dex is a whole lot easier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:09 am 
Gym Leader

Hihi, I got X. ^_^

Josiah, I've heard that tipping increases your chances of finding a shiny, not sure how much truth is in it but I was tipping pretty much everyone and ran into a shiny skiddo just after leaving luminous city for the first time. ^_^ My first shiny I've ever caught. ^_^

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Oh. Yeah I haven't looked into it, but I've got two shinies from the friend Safari. Swanna and Tranquil. That was the first Tranquil I had ever seen, so now the one that shows in my Pokedex is green.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next