It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:06 am 
Mew

Please tell me they won't be using those names in the US...

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:29 am 
Combusken

And I thought "White Kyurem" and "Black Kyurem" were bad...
Out of curiosity, Colly, where did you find that out?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 am 
Combusken

Actually, the full names are "Shining Blue Black Kyurem" and "Blazing Red White Kyurem"

I heard that on http://pokemondungeon.net/

Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 pm 
Blaziken

Zfrankthegamemasta wrote:
Actually, the full names are "Shining Blue Black Kyurem" and "Blazing Red White Kyurem"

I heard that on http://pokemondungeon.net/

Details, details. When given Japanese, Sparkling can be the same as Shining, Burning can be the same as Blazing. I picked the translation that sounded worse for exaggeration purposes.
Learn to translate.

EDIT: Oh yeah, source is merch: http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=8296

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 am 
Pokémon Champion

New infomation about Black and White 2 is now out. Taken from Serebbi.

First, the game is set in Unova and shows the new trainers and the rival. The game is set 2 years later than in BW and features the map of the Unova region being partially frozen, while other areas have been updated, such as Route 4. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homika, who is also said to be in the anime this June and sits in her gym which is a music club, fitting her appearance with a guitar. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival and there is a new researcher called Akuroma who researches Pokémon Strength
Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (Mantine flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues all around Unova.

It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new (Unova) Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254, with other Pokémon such as Tyranitar, Lapras & Arcanine being available. We'll bring more should it come later but click the thumbnails for the larger images

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Egg

isnt it just black kyurem and white kyurem?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
Combusken

I have no idea about the names anymore. Some websites say that it's Sparkling/Shining Blue Black Kyurem and Blazing/Burning White Kyurem, others simply call them Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

It's been confirmed by Pokemon Smash that the starters are still Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott.
And for those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's a new trailer of the games.

Anyway, I'm mostly happy with Black and White 2. I rather like the addition of new areas and Gyms, although I would have preferred it if the new Water-type Gym Leader specialized in Steel-types instead, just so all 17 types would be covered by either a Gym Leader or an Elite Four member in Unova. That is, of course, assuming that the Gym Leaders of BW will remain in BW2.

As for the new protagonists' designs... Well, I can't say that I like them much. I prefer the BW protagonists' designs. But eh, maybe they'll grow on me.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:22 pm 
Blaziken

New scans reveal a hell lot of new stuff.

Cheren's a gym leader now, Bianca gives you your starter, and you can fight gym leaders of past generations!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:05 pm 
Egg

to remove ANY doubts that may still be lingering out there about the release of black 2 and white 2, i have seen official pre-order forms for them at my local Game Stop.

what i think is confusing is that they swapped the pokemon on the covers. while black had reshiram, black 2 has black kyurem. i kinda liked having the opposite color for the legenary of the game.

i think that i'll be chosing white 2 this time around as to stick with reshiram.

i hope the game is different this time around with new gym types and (if they do make a comeback) team plasma had different types of pokemon, seriously they were too easy with mostly dark and normal types, and the occasional trubbish and garbodor didnt help them at all. i went through the game easy starting with tepig because of this.

so i hope it changes a bit :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

...I didn't understand any of what you just said.

Were there any doubts left? It's due out in Japan next month, CoroCoro and Dengeki have consistently had new scans, not to mention that animation they made... What, did you think it wasn't going to release here? Because the fact that we're getting Nobunaga's Ambition should prove that we'll get every single Pokemon made from this point on, no matter how ridiculous it is.

And... if you didn't notice, both boxes have Kyurem on them... he got two new forms. Old news. Gamestop isn't using the official boxes in their promotions because we don't have official US boxart yet.

You can get White 2 for Reshiram, but I doubt he'll be in it. Reshiram will still be in Black, Zekrom will still be in White... it's just the different forms of Kyurem that you need to worry about.

Team Plasma's also confirmed to be in it already, as well as N.

If you're complaining about it being too easy, don't level up so much. But really, I think you're missing the point. The main game isn't supposed to be difficult, because six year olds need to be able to beat these games, too. If you want difficulty, there's plenty of post-game content for that. Go mess around in the Battle Subway or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 am 
Pokémon Master

I found a partial list of some of the older Pokemon that will be available in the updated Unova Pokedex:

Mareep - Flaafy - Ampharos
Psyduck - Golduck
Azurill - Marill - Azumarill
Riolu - Lucario
Growlithe - Arcanine
Beldum - Metang - Metagross
Eevee - Vaporeon / Jolteon / Flareon / Espeon / Umbreon / Leafeon / Glaceon
Sunkern - Sunflora
Magby - Magmar - Magmortar
Koffing - Weezing
Magnemite - Magneton - Magnezone
Lapras
Sneasel - Weavile
Larvitar - Pupitar - Tyranitar
Absol
Wingull - Pelipper
Zangoose
Seviper
Grimer - Muk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 am 
Gym Leader

It seems there be confusion here about the games main lengendary. Kaida came to try to help ^_^.

Black has Reshiram, White has Zekrom.
Black 2 has Black Kyurem and White 2 has White Kyurem.

We found an image that might help explain why we get BK in B2 and WK in W2

Attachment:
538422_457222234306781_125474897_n.jpg

It's comepletely theory of course, but it does make sence. And my friends and I hypothosize that the 'Taiji - Supreme Ultimate' is the original dragon/being before it became reshiram and zekrom.

Also theres a screenshot on serebii somewhere that show ghetis with kyurem, facing of N with zekrom/reshiram and your character.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:42 pm 
Pokémon Master

Black 2 and White 2 are now out in Japan, meaning that the complete new Unova Pokedex is now out. For those of you with an intense hatred of serebii.net, here's the complete list of national Pokemon available, by order of Pokedex number:

Mareep - Flaafy - Ampharos
Psyduck - Golduck
Azurill - Marill - Azumarill
Riolu - Lucario
Dunsparce
Koffing - Weezing
Magnemite - Magneton - Magnezone
Growlithe - Arcanine
Magby - Magmar - Magmortar
Elekid - Electabuzz - Elecvire
Rattata - Raticate
Zubat - Golbat - Crobat