It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 am 
Pokémon Champion

I can't wait for the games. Did love the orginals and now I got to figure out what team I'll be doing. Getting Silver btw. And so far I have all the main series games and will probably pick up the new gold at one point.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 pm 
Mew

Gamestop is giving away Jirachi from tomorrow until mid March. This Jirachi is supposed to unlock something when traded to HG/SS.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 pm 
Blaziken

Okay, the Pokewalker is amazing. That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 pm 
Mew

That's actually the thing that interests me most about HG/SS (though the expanded amount of activities available over the Nintendo WFC looks nice too) and I'm looking forward to playing around with it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

This morning, during school, my Sentret played with Colly's Togepi. I've also taken to walking around in circles just to up the watt count. It's like the old Pikachu things, but I can bring my Pidgey with me and it makes me really happy. Like a lot. Not to mention I've already got Ponyta, Venonat, and came darn close to catching a Magby already, just after beating Bugsy. Yeah, the Pokewalker is way cooler than I thought it would be. It seemed like it was just going to be a gimmick... but really, when has Nintendo ever pulled anything gimmicky in the past? I had absolutely no reason to expect that from them...*

So yeah, it's a fun little thing. Enjoying the remake a bit more than I did the first time around, which was in Japanese, which I... kind of understood, kind of didn't. Also can't wait to test out some of the new Wi-Fi features, I'll post my friend code here soon.

*Please note sarcasm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:28 pm 
Blaziken

Silver wrote:
when has Nintendo ever pulled anything gimmicky in the past? I had absolutely no reason to expect that from them...*

*Please note sarcasm

Someone has forgotten about a lot of things. I'll just state the Virtual Boy.

I hate Voltorb Flip... I want my slot machines back...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

So, training to fight Morty now. Once I do, though, I have to wait for Colly and Kyon to catch up... we agreed to all battle each other after our fourth badge. Seeing as I'm already almost there... well, lots of grinding time. I guess I could use that to level up the fifth member of my team... but I have no idea what it'll be yet. My first time through in Silver, I used Feraligatr, Ampharos, Onix, Furret, Stantler, and Noctowl/Pidgeot/Lugia (Yeah... I wanted to use Hoothoot 'cause it seemed cool... but I needed a Pidgey... and then Lugia came along, so... I just switched around a lot). So now I've got Croconaw, Flaafy, Onix, and Pidgeotto... I've got a Furret, but it's really just an HM slave. It's way behind everyone else. Now the issue is... do I want to use Stantler, or do I want a fire type? I kind of think Stantler is the best thing in the universe, but Normal types are... just... ugh. I like them... once I've got TMs for them. Which I currently don't. Once I've got any TM I want at my disposal, I can pimp out there attacks and they can usually learn a lot of TMs. But as it is... I really don't need more Normal. Every single one of my other Pokemon has a Normal type attack and they don't have any type advantage. Pidgeotto's even part Normal type already, and I don't need another... plus, I just caught this awesome Magmar, I've got a Vulpix from earlier, and I got plenty of Ponyta though the Pokewalker. I also would like something that can actually deal with those stupid Steel-types, because as it is... I have a heck of a time even with Magnemite. Stupid Onix not getting any good ground attacks... Not to mention Ice types. If they're part water Flaafy can handle it, but otherwise...

So I don't know what to do. I want to use the same team as I did the first time, but after years of Pokemon-ing I realize just how flawed it was...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 am 
Mew

Though I plan to spend most of whatever time I spend playing portable games finishing up Disgaea, I think I'll take a couple hours tomorrow to get my Heart Gold game started...mainly so I can use the Pokéwalker while doing my daily exercise.

Haven't decided on my team yet. Back in original Gold, my story mode team was Meganium, Furret, Noctowl, Ampharos, Azumaril, and whatever I happened to be trying to evolve at the time. This time though, since I've already got the full pokédex and all (except for Shaymin, which I still need to trade someone for), I can make a team out of whoever I like just for fun. I'm thinking I'll still use Ampharos and Furret (cause they're just cool), but I'm thinking I'll use Cyndaquil for my starter this time around (just to change things up). I'll need a water type so I may grab another Maril, not sure yet though, maybe I'll do a Horsea instead, or that red Gyrados. As for the rest... Not sure. Noctowl is nice and all but there are lots of other flying types out there (not to mention some that aren't half normal)...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Decided on Magmar, and she's served me well so far. I am gonna level up a Stantler later though, just for fun. I do bring it on walks with me sometimes so at least it likes me.

Also, I just caught Snorlax and it... doesn't know Rest. It's got Giga Impact, Crunch, Rollout, and Block, which isn't a bad moveset or anything, plus it made it much easier to catch, but... what is a Snorlax without Rest? It's like... just no. It's wrong. Son, I am disappoint.

Also Voltorb Flip sucks and I hate it yet I can't stop playing it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:06 am 
Gym Leader

I've now had SS for 9 days, I've managed to get 5 badgs and am currently training for Jasmin's gym. Not happy though since Robby's been playing it while I've been at work and has 8 badges, caught lugia and is currently training befor going off to battle the legue.

I have so much catching up to do v_v.

My original team for Crystal (since i never play Gold or Silver) was Typhlosion, Bellosom, Lapras, Pidgeot, Dragonite amd one of the Eevees, I was trying to get it evolve into Umbreon or Espeon can't remember which. I wanted to try n keep it close to that but I decided since I have a Bellosom on pearl originally from firered I'd have a Vilplume, never rased one befor. And I'm keeping Quilava. Quilava is my favorite form for all the starters and I have a Typhlosion on Pearl, It's gonna be interesting anyway. I still have Lapras, I got my Umbreon (evolved at lv 25, didn't use any Protines, Irons, etc on it. And I'm having Espeon in HG) I'm using a Dragonite in HG and I've also got Pidgeot, Nidoqueen (always wanted to raise one) and Raichu. Yes I have 7 story pokemon I swap them around depending on the gyms and I also have a crobat for when I go after Entie and Raikou, Mean Look and Hypnosis. ^_^

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Beat Blue the other day. I went straight to Celadon after wards and I got the "GB Sounds" Key Item. It lets me listen to the original 8-bit music from G/S/C.

It is the single most amazing thing to ever happen to a Pokemon game, ever. Like, not only does it have pretty much the entire old school soundtrack, they made 8-bit versions of new songs. The Safari Zone, the GTS, the Pokeathalon Dome thing... all have 8-bit music. And it's awesome and I love it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 pm 
Mew

I still haven't progressed past getting the pokédex and cathing my first few pokémon due to a combination of Disgaea, Final Fantasy XIII, and limited time to spend on video games in the first place. Though I have unlocked a lot of pokéwalker routes and caught a lot of different pokémon there.

That GB Sounds item sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to getting that. I'll even be able to listen to the pokémon cries in their original 8-bit form...oh wait, I can do that right now since they never updated them. <.< Seriously, the item does sound cool though. Heck, I've got the soundtrack CD for the original Red/Blue after all. I'm just annoyed that they still haven't updated pokémon voices.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm 
Pokémon Master

I like this game.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 am 
Gym Leader

Josiah wrote:
I still haven't progressed past getting the pokédex and cathing my first few pokémon due to a combination of Disgaea, Final Fantasy XIII, and limited time to spend on video games in the first place. Though I have unlocked a lot of pokéwalker routes and caught a lot of different pokémon there.

That GB Sounds item sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to getting that. I'll even be able to listen to the pokémon cries in their original 8-bit form...oh wait, I can do that right now since they never updated them. <.< Seriously, the item does sound cool though. Heck, I've got the soundtrack CD for the original Red/Blue after all. I'm just annoyed that they still haven't updated pokémon voices.

I feel the same :/ I just recently got Scribblenauts and KH 358... an beat them, I haven't had 10 minutes with Heart gold! But I did build and awesome device for the pokewalker, out of k'nex XD you just plug it in and the next morning you have over 20k wats, lol... I caught a Dratini.. 2 times.. ^^ so he's part of my team, and I haven't even gotten my first badge XD I chose Cindiquil, btw...

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 am 
Pokémon Master

Cheez encountered 2 shinies over the course of his Johto dex completion, to add to his collection of Ariados and Poliwrath.

-Gligar on the route below blackthorn while training my swinub.
-Hatched shiny Squirtle from egg while completing pokedex.

My tunes :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next