It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm 
Blaziken

Nintendo has finally listened to what their long-time fans have been asking for by releasing sequels that would mix the old and new. With MotionPlus out, Wii games will now have actual motion control (what a concept), which could be both good and bad. They also produced two DS systems just a year and a few days apart. Too bad most people view these additions to the DS unnecessary.

Microsoft hasn't been doing so hot, with quite a few of it's titles shared with the PS3 and most of the Japanese companies completely backstabbing them (Namco with Vesperia...). Microsoft has started to learn that casuals = money, and so the 360 has now been advertised as a system that could play movies, radio, Facebook, and Twitter. (Something Nintendo should've snagged first IMO). Microsoft ditched the Pro line in favor of an Elite with a bigger HDD, while cutting the price of the original Elite. The RROD problem is starting to vanish, but no 360 is 100% guaranteed to live without one or without similar problems.

Sony now actually has a few exclusive titles in their hands, and the statement "PS3 has no games" almost seems false now. Sony has finally found a way to produce PS3s for a cheaper price, letting them sell it for only a couple dollars less, but has also produced a PSP that ultimately failed more than the new DSiXL (I only wish I could be joking about that one).

I probably missed some major points, so anyone can bring them up.
I could see Sony rising a bit this year, Microsoft to fall a bit behind, and Nintendo to rise by a small margin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Here's one: PS3 is a blu-ray player. We're now getting to the point where most movies are "available on DVD and Blu-ray", like years ago when it was "Video and DVD"... which means in just a few years it's going to be all blu-ray with a few DVDs here and there. That means it's about time for people to start investing in a blu-ray player. Which the PS3 is. And now with the price cut, it's that and a gaming console for about $100 more than you'd pay for one or the other. So it's time to face the facts: even I want one. Of course, my interests don't exactly reflect the gaming community at large (Though I wish they did, we might get more Monster Farms that way), but the PS3 has been getting more and more desirable as of late, with a lower price and a bigger game library than it had in the beginning. Most people that really wanted one probably already got their 360, but waited on the PS3 because of its price. Well, now's the chance to go for it. It also helps that there's much more available for it now than there was at the start.

Meanwhile Nintendo's just going to keep doing their thing. Which will probably work out pretty well for them, somehow.

But my money's on Sony.

For one reason and one reason only: It's a Sony.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:56 pm 
Random Trainer

Haha very nice vid there Silver! And I agree, Sony's been making some smart choices this year that should really get them more business now. I've never been keen on the 360 but it sounds like they're gonna need to do something fast or Sony'll overtake their market. And of course, Nintendo is Nintendo and will just do what they're doing and do just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 am 
Mew

2010 will probably really be Sony's year. The PS3 is down to a good price now, it's got a pretty strong game selection (with more coming), and has blue-ray, which is getting more and more popular. At this rate, it'll probably completely beat out the 360 within the next year or two. The 360 will continue doing fine in the US and lousy in Japan. And Nintendo will just be Nintendo and do well. Though I think that the Wii and DS have already peaked. They'll still do well, but they've sold so many systems already that most people who want them already have them.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]