It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What do you think of this survey?
"It's boring, WS. It's a waste of time." 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
"Didn't bother taking this, I just voted this..." 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
"Good." 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
"Finally I can express my gaming beliefs!" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Video Game Survey
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:32 am 
Pokémon Master

EDIT:: Wow, you people hate me. lol

1. What is your favorite game of all time?

My answer: Halo Combat Evolved

2. If you could be one gaming character, who would it be?

My answer: Link or Gordon Freeman

3. What is your favorite genre of gaming?

My answer: FPS or sports games

4. What is your second favorite game?

My answer: Fight Night Round 3

5. What is your least favorite genre?

My answer: Platform games (except for Mario)

6. Do you prefer E-rated, T-rated, or M-rated games?

My answer: M rated

7. Do you like using cheating devices?

My answer: I used to, until my DS crashed because of my friend's AR. :(

8. Are there any games you consider overrated?

My answer: Yes, Halo 3 and Final Fantasy 7. LoZ: Ocarina of Time would fit in here, but it kinda fits in with its ratings on the other hand.

9. What game has the best music?

My answer: I don't really care much about the music, but I'd say Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Halo 3.

10. Is Pokemon the best RPG ever?

My answer: Good game, not the best. FF and KH are better IMO.

Bonus Question:

Is Final Fantasy 7 the best FF ever?

My answer: I've only played the 2nd half of the game, so I can't really make a judgement. FF9 was fun too, but I'd say FF7 is the best in the series. Though it's still very overrated IMO.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Metalheadz on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Video Game Survey
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm 
Pokémon Master

I'm only taking this 'cos I'm bored...

Tie between Timesplitters 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Cole MacGrath from inFAMOUS. Lightning powers FTW.

Anything shooty.

World of Warcraft

Real time strategy.

I do not believe the rating of a game has anything to do with how good it is, and therefore I refuse to answer this question.

Hells to the naw.

Grand Theft Auto series, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts series, Halo series; I can go on.

Rock Band. Duh.

It's pretty good, but gets the crap beaten out of it by World of Warcraft and Fallout 3

Bonus Question:

Didn't play it. Dragon Quest is better than FF anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm 
Blaziken

RPGs such as Tales of Destiny (PS2 Version) and other miscellaneous really can't make me decide.

No clue

Action RPG, Puzzle, or Danmaku

Can't answer when I haven't the first

RTS

Doesn't matter. ESRB knows almost nothing sometimes. Also, you're forgetting that some members here go by the PEGI rating system, or even the CERO rating system (like I do for half of my games these days)

Only for fun, not for help

So much, I'll just agree with the above ones on this one.

Tales of Legendia, Go Shiina FTW

No, I wouldn't say best.

Bonus Question:

Wouldn't say best either, but it's the one I enjoyed the most.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I voted the answer I did in response to the poll. It's a poll... about a survey. Seriously? Is there any point to it?

I dunno... Pokemon Silver? Or Monster Rancher 3... Kingdom Hearts II... Kirby Super Star, Harvest Moon 64, Animal Crossing... Those are the ones I've spent the most time on, anyway. Can't really pick.

One of the Poppy Bros Jr. that rolls around on the giant apples. Them.

No, seriously. Those guys are awesome.

RPG.

Whichever one's not first on the list from before.

FPS.

First, I don't judge games by their rating, second, there are quite a few games that I think should be rated differently, and third, White Samurai, you can't be older than 13. Saying you play M-rated games doesn't make you cool.

Sometimes. It depends. I had fun with my Game Shark for the Gameboy Color. Third play through of Gold Version I hacked my whole team. Had a Growlithe/Lapras - as in, a Growlithe that knew Water Gun and Sing instead of Ember and Growl. Good times, good times...

Halo. Just... Halo.

Dissida,of course. "The marching band, the marching band is howling" and "salvation man is a cup of fire"... where else can you find lyrical genius like that?

I'm not sure though, honestly. Can't pick just one.

I wouldn't say it's the best, much as I liek Mudkipz.

Bonus Question: Is Final Fantasy 7 the best FF ever?

Haven't played it, can't judge. I'll tell you this much: it's better than 12.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:01 pm 
Pokémon Legend

My Answer: Halo 3

My answer: Master Cheif

My answer: FPS or Platformer

My answer: Kingdom Hearts II

My answer: Any sport game that doesn't have the word "Mario" anywhere in the title

My answer: M rated

My answer: No, I just go on the interwebz

My answer:None

My answer: The entire Halo franchise has really good music

10. Is Pokemon the best RPG ever

My answer: It's pretty good, but I don't really like RPGs so i wouldn't know

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:38 pm 
Pokémon Master

Silver wrote:

First, I don't judge games by their rating, second, there are quite a few games that I think should be rated differently, and third, White Samurai, you can't be older than 13. Saying you play M-rated games doesn't make you cool.

Wha? I don't even look at the games by how cool the ratings are, I made this question cause most of my favorite games ARE rated M. Why do you think they made the ESRB rating system, just to keep age limits for certain games, duh... Sheesh. :/

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Blaziken

White_Samurai wrote:
Silver wrote:

Wha? I don't even look at the games by how cool the ratings are, I made this question cause most of my favorite games ARE rated M. Why do you think they made the ESRB rating system, just to keep age limits for certain games, duh... Sheesh. :/

ESRB, PEGI, and CERO all have their own weird opinions of what's age appropriate.
There are quite a few games that get an A in Japan, 7 in Europe, and T in America. Or even T in America, 16 in Europe, and Z in Japan.

tl;dr
ESRB ratings mean nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 pm 
Pokémon Master

CollyChan wrote:
White_Samurai wrote:
Silver wrote:

ESRB, PEGI, and CERO all have their own weird opinions of what's age appropriate.
There are quite a few games that get an A in Japan, 7 in Europe, and T in America. Or even T in America, 16 in Europe, and Z in Japan.

tl;dr
ESRB ratings mean nothing.

Well, I don't really care about the ratings. As long as the game's good I buy it.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:48 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

...Meaning, you don't necessarily prefer M-rated games.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 pm 
Pokémon Master

Not really, most FPS games (my favorite genre) just turn out to be M-rated. Half-Life 2, Call of Duty, and Halo are all rated M.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:56 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Meaning your question about preferring games of a certain rating was unnecessary.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:59 am 
Pokémon Master

Well, I put it there anyway. ;) So thank you for taking my survey and have a Merry Christmas.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 am 
Mew

Final Fantasy X...though barely.

Tidus (FFX), Squall (FFVIII), Serge (Chrono Cross), Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Mario, or Ash (or whatever main pokemon character)... It's hard to choose. Especially since I'd want to be a character whose game I'm pretty sure I could make it through without dieing.

RPG. Spefically Japanese console RPGs.

I can't decide. Though Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts 2, Shadow of the Colossus and a few others are all possibilities.

Realistic sports games.

Couldn't care less, it's all about the game.

Do devices that back up saved console games to your PC count? Cause that's all I use. I'd hate to lose all my saves...

Halo probably, though I haven't played enough of it to say for sure.

I collect game soundtracks, and it's a really tough choice but if I had to just pick one...Chrono Cross.

Hardly. It's fun, but I don't think anyone could seriously consider it the best.

Bonus Question:

When it comes to best FF games, it really boils down to personal opinion. FFVII is awesome, but I like VIII and X better.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:09 am 
Random Trainer

Hmm looks like I forgot to do this before...here goes.

The .hack//IMOQ (it was 4 separate games, Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine) series. .hack//IMOQ is pretty old for a PS2 game, came out about '02, and I absolutely fell in love with its gameplay, characters, and storyline.

Dante from Devil May Cry. He's about as epic as you can get (excluding Gurren Lagann's Kamina of course) in my opinion.

RPG.

A close call between Final Fantasy 8, the Devil May Cry series, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Definitely sports games.

T and M games seem to be what I buy more often, but I really don't even look at the ratings.

I used to have an old Game Genie for my Game Boy Pocket, but I never even really used that.

Definitely every sport game and Halo. I've never been into Halo and it only got worse as the series progressed in my opinion.

I liked the music in Final Fantasy 8 a lot. Not amazing, but fitting and nice.

Not the best, no. But a strategy game? Close to top in my opinion. I mean seriously, it's been around for over 12 years now, it's impressive!

Bonus Question:

It's good, but I think 8 was good and Tactics had a nice feel to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:01 am 
Pokémon Master

NabMaster wrote:
Definitely every sport game and Halo. I've never been into Halo and it only got worse as the series progressed in my opinion.

Can't argue with your point on Halo, Nab. Halo 1 and 2 were terrific IMO, but Halo 3 just became bland and vague, and the only reason people played it were because of the minigames. Halo 3 is EXTREMELY OVERRATED.

Trophy Case:

Last edited by Metalheadz on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next