It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you prefer Mario or Sonic?
Poll ended at Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 pm
Mario, mustache man ftw 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Sonic's my hero 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Neither 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: Mario or Sonic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 am 
Pokémon Master

For the record, I only consider the first three sonic games as Canon, because those were the only good games.

Anyway, it's easy to see why Mario won the console war, even if he had a little help from Link, Star Fox, and some others.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:24 am 
Mew

Only the first three Sonic games? What about Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD? Some of the portable Sonics (Gamegear, GBA, etc) weren't bad either.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:43 am 
Pokémon Master

Gardialvoir wrote:
For the record, I only consider the first three sonic games as Canon, because those were the only good games.

Anyway, it's easy to see why Mario won the console war, even if he had a little help from Link, Star Fox, and some others.

What's Canon?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:00 pm 
Mew

If something is canon it's part of the official continuity. Not that it neccessarily matters much when discussing series like Mario and Sonic which are traditionally rather light on story. But, to give an example, the Star Wars cannon includes all six main movies along with The Clone Wars movie and TV series, and several of the video games (such as Knights of the Old Republic and Force Unleashed). Most of the Star Wars novels you see in bookstores, however, aren't cannon. Officially the events that happen in non-cannon materials never really took place, they're just "what if" type of stories.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 pm 
Random Trainer

Josiah wrote:
If something is canon it's part of the official continuity. Not that it neccessarily matters much when discussing series like Mario and Sonic which are traditionally rather light on story. But, to give an example, the Star Wars cannon includes all six main movies along with The Clone Wars movie and TV series, and several of the video games (such as Knights of the Old Republic and Force Unleashed). Most of the Star Wars novels you see in bookstores, however, aren't cannon. Officially the events that happen in non-cannon materials never really took place, they're just "what if" type of stories.

Huh, I never knew that. I learned something today^^

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 am 
Pokémon Master

Actually, the Star Wars books do hold some amount of canon. There's a hierarchy in Star Wars canon, with the Movies first, then the TV shows, Books, games, comics, ect. If something in a book contradicts one of the movies, the movie's canon overrides the book's canon.

I can't believe I forgot Sonic & Knuckles. I count that one as well.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

Gardialvoir wrote:
Actually, the Star Wars books do hold some amount of canon. There's a hierarchy in Star Wars canon, with the Movies first, then the TV shows, Books, games, comics, ect. If something in a book contradicts one of the movies, the movie's canon overrides the book's canon.

I can't believe I forgot Sonic & Knuckles. I count that one as well.

I think we had enough about Canon and Star wars for now, lets vote on the poll, shall we?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2