It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:35 pm 
Mew

The number of people participating in KotF has been kind of small so far this year so this challenge is based on that. Looking back over the history of the forums (or at least as much of it as you were around for), which currently missing or inactive members would you most like to see return and why? Winners will be based solely on which posts I like the best.

First Prize: 30 points
Second Prize: 20 points
Third Prize: 10 points

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I would like to see Atma-kun come back. He was one of my better friends in the early years, and posted a TON of stuff in the game time section, and made a lot of interesting threads himself

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Hmm...tough choice, but I would like to see Metalheadz come back. He was one of those guys that, if I was just on randomly one day, I might see a few new post in the Games section from him. It would give me something to do and have fun while playing the various games. Other then that, he was a pretty cool guy. Funny and pretty radical in my book (not that anyone else here is not radical. To me, everyone deserves to be called radical at some point!), and had interesting things to post and say.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Of course there are oodles of people who I'd love to see back on the forums... I think I'd have to go with Sira, though. Not that she's been gone for super long, or anything... just on the more inactive side. She joined a few months after I did, and, even four years (YEESH FOUR YEARS how did that happen) later I still thought of her as "that also new member who is slightly less new than me haha someone is newer than me lol n00b." In an affectionate and caring way, I swear. Her posts were kind and funny and she just had a "good person" aura. She also participated in RPs with me and was always a good RPer. Her Pokemon Blank little game thing was hilarious, and well drawn. I dunno. Sira's pretty chill. If you pop back on and read this, Sira, know that my words are giving you a virtual hug. And it's comfy. I'm a pretty good hugger, or so I've been informed.

Uhm, that's all I've got, really. Virtual fist bump to Sira, wherever she is right now.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:07 am 
Mew

Oops, forgot to post the deadline for this. You have through Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Opal...

Poignant one-liner go! ...No, but this isn't so much a contest entry as a simple statement of fact.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 pm 
Pokémon Master

Terra... does anyone remember her? Good kid.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Opal as well.

She was fun to talk with and fun to post in various topics. That and I miss talking with her in general back when I had contact info for her. But her leaving caused several things to die in the forums, like ROM. We need to try and at least finish ROM somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:49 pm 
Mew

I don't think Opal leaving was the reason ROM sort of died off (though she is certainly missed). It was a combination of multiple people leaving and or getting busy, along with an attempt to make the plot too complex and structured (as opposed to the more free form style of the earlier ones). Speaking of ROM, I still would like to finish my wrap-up of of ROM4 when I have the time...

Anyway, winners will be announced later this week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm 
Mew

Well, Saber had the best post, but Marley gets a bonus for the person he posted about actually returning (even if that wasn't intentional). Winners are...

30 Points - Saber and Marley
20 Points - Poison
10 Points - Neo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
Pokémon Legend

MACHINATIOOOOOOONS

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]