It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

But Josiah, you didn't add in your 1,000 bonus points for counting all the posts! Looks like you're in second place again, Marley. Too bad!

...Ok, ok, fine. Congratulations The N00b on finally winning one of thee things. It only took you five tries. I mean, seriously, eight points! Hey, come to think of it, shouldn't I begetting 213 extra points for doing IPA again?

I'm sorry. I'm not very good at this. So yeah, kinda disappointingly slow this year, but it was fun and stuff.

So can my prize be you telling us what your big secret plan for next year is?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm 
Mew

That doesn't have to be your prize, I was thinking I'd talk about it a little bit anyway.

Early in the contest some of you guys were talking about overthrowing Saber's monarchy. That got me thinking that it might be fun to restructure the contest a bit so that there are two teams, the monarchy and the rebels. Individual point totals would still be important but so would overall team scores. Furthermore, each team can assign special roles to certain members, giving those members special bonuses like extra points when posting in certain sections (only for team scores, not personal scores). Teams can also take control of different parts of the forums, gaining point bonuses for their posts until the other team manages to break their control (once again, for team scores only) I don't want to talk about it in too much depth until I work out all the details (which likely won't be until much closer to next year's KotF) but I wouldn't mind some opinions on the basic idea.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:16 am 
Shiny Shedinja

Wew! My very first KotF prize! It is a great honor, I must say.

And, of course, congratulations to all of the other participants and winners. Quite a fun year this was.

I think the single sprite comic will be enough of a prize for me.

Oh, and, like last year, I shall proclaim myself to be a Baron instead of my actual rank of Duchess. And, yes, I do know that a Baron is much furthur down on the royal/noble rank scale then a Duchess is, but I think it just sounds a bit more radical.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:01 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Congratulations to all the winners! I actually did very well, considering this was my first year, and i will be back next year to try even harder and win!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 am 
Gym Leader

Congradulations Marley and Silver and Poison. ^_^

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:29 pm 
Blaziken

Darn...got distracted by something else during spring break and forgot to visit the forums. O well, gratz to the winners.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Woo. Those Half points sure add up : D. Go ahead and donate 25$ to PV. Can't wait for next year.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:06 pm 
Mew

Ok, Marley is doing the donation and Poison the comic. Silver, which prize do you want?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Wheee I forgot I placed. Uh, donate to PV I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 am 
Mew

Ok! As a note, I'm aiming for Friday of next week for Poison's comic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3