It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The PV Forum Awards 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:53 pm 
Mew

The Forum Awards are back! Awards are given out in the following catagories.

Best Overall Poster
For the person who is just all around awesome no matter what type of thread they're posting in.

Nicest Poster
For the most friendly and considerate person.

Best Role Player
For the person who makes the best posts in RPs.

Most Fun Poster
For the one who makes the most amusing posts and keeps things lively.

Best Gamer
For the one who makes the best posts in game threads.

Best New Member
For the best member who joined over the past year (July 2010 or later).

Special Achievement Award
To recognize a special contribution someone has made to the forums, such as running a particularily great RP, starting a really neat game, or whatever else you can think of.

It's time to nomimate forum members for the various catagories! You have from now until the end of the week to PM me your nominations (DON'T POST THEM HERE). Just send me a PM listing who you want to nominate for each catagory. The rules are:
1. You can nominate any forum member (except yourself) for any catagory.
2. You can only nominate one person per catagory.
3. You can't nominate the same person for more than one catagory, except for the Special Achievement Award, for which you can nominate someone you've already nominated for something else if you want to.
4. For the Special Achievement Award nomination, list both the person you're nominating and what you're nominating them for (i.e. being an amazing Mafia narrator).

I'll review the nominations and select the top two or three of people in each catagory (based on number of nominations received and a few other factors) and post the finalists on Sunday (the 26th), at which point we'll vote for the winners.

Please PM me your nominations now.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 pm 
Mew

Ok, nominations are complete! As always, I've taken your nominations and narrowed it down to a couple of finalists in each catagory. Please look over the follow list and PM me your votes. You have through Friday (the 1st) to do so and winners will be announced on Saturday. Remember that, in this phase, you are allowed to vote for yourself, assuming you're a finalist of course. Also, if you're a finalist and have not won a Forum Award before, when you PM me your votes, please let me know which non-legendary pokémon you'd like for your title and award image if you win.

Best Overall Poster
Josiah
Silver

Nicest Poster
Shauni
Metalheadz

Best Role Player
Saber Knight
Siranae

Most Fun Poster
Doodleshark
Cheezdude

Best Gamer
Poisonwing14
Poikspirit

Best New Member
Puyon

Special Achievement Award
Siranae for Pokémon Blank
Saber for Keeping the RP Section Going

You may notice that Puyon doesn't seem to have any competition for Best New Member. As it turns out, she's the only person who joined in the past year that has been particularily active. But, that aside, she got a lot of nominations and I'm sure we all agree that she's been a great member and deserves the award.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:40 pm 
Pokémon Master

Huh... I was nominated for "Most Fun Poster" despite dealing with crippling depression in real life. Funny how that works out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I do have to wonder how I was nominated for best gamer, seeing as how I was rarely on for quite a while 'cause of studying for my finals....

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

*casually sitting at laptop with jawdropped* Err. Anti-Climactic but preferable anyways. So uh... thanks friends and fellows... for the nomination.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Wow, truly incredible! So........1 teeny-tiny question (Since I'm new, and have no knowledge on how this works) where can I be possibly be nomanated next year?Because I saw this year's rules and the cut-off for new members was July, so can I be nomanated for that? Because I literally joined about 3 to 4 hours before nomantions had to in, so where will I be in terms of that catergory?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:27 am 
Mew

Seeing as you joined too late for this year's competition, yeah you could be nominated for Best New Member next year. Plus, you could potentially be nominated for any other catagory as well (there's no rule that says new members are only eligable for the Best New Member award).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Ok, Thanks, Josiah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

In this case, I think Puyon could've qualified for a good number of those... however, she was pretty much the only new member that stuck around, and thus the only one that deserved that title at all. And, well, we needed to nominate someone. When there are a lot of good new members, it's different. But in this case, she was the only contestant...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:27 pm 
Mew

To tell the truth, if there was only one contender for that catagory and they were a lousy member, I would have been been tempted to drop it for the year. But Puyon has been great and, as you said, could have easily been nominated for several different catagories so I'm happy to give her the award.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm 
Gym Leader

Ummm... Yeah... I didn't submit anything because I felt too out of the loop, considering I usually only pop on to look at the few topics I subscribed to when they update...
Thanks guys! I really don't think I was around enough to actually deserve it, so you know where my vote is!

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 am 
Gym Leader

I thought about nominating people, but I've been out of the loop for to long I had no idea to nominate. However I agree with all the nominations. ^_^

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm 
Mew

Remember, today is the last day to send in your votes for the Forum Awards. Winners will be announced some time tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 pm 
Pokémon Master

Wow, thanks everyone who nominated me. Life has been pretty tough for me lately, and I'm really thankful you guys did this. Good luck to the winners tomorrow! I probably won't vote since I came back at a late time.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:43 pm 
Mew

And the winners are...

Image AND Metal (Who doesn't have an image yet since he needs to tell me which pokémon he wants.)

Congrats everyone!