It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am 
Mew

Time for the final challenge! I meant to post this a few days ago but yeah... Anyway, if you've been in a KOTF before you probably expected this. It's time for the traditional PV guest comic challenge! The goal is to make you own PV guest comic. It can be sprites, hand drawn, or whatever. You can also choose your own image size and file format, no need to do it exactly like the normal PV strips. The only real guidlines are that it has to be related to PV and it shouldn't have more than a PG rating. Post your comics in this thread when you're done. You can enter as many comics as you like and you can potentially win multiple prizes. The dealine is the end of KOTF (so you have through the 22nd). Since there's a bit less time than usual, I'm upping the prize value a bit.

First Prize: 50 Points
Second Prize: 40 Points
Third Prize: 30 Points

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:18 am 
Pokémon Legend

SWEET too bad I won't get the chance to work on this until tomorrow or later because I'm about to leave for the day but THIS ONE'S MY FAV'RITE!

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 am 
Pokémon Master

Ta-da! Time to get payback on Saber for dominating the last contest! I'll make a new entry every day.

This one is more like a blooper reel, if anything... So I don't think it's too much of my original work.

Title:

Who's Really Making That Battle Music?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Okaaayy..... So I apologize for the obvious lack of color. My SAI was acting up for no real reason.

Uhm. The last panel is darker because that's supposed to mean that it's night... (used MS paint for the text and edits)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:21 pm 
Pokémon Master

Here's another entry I have which I got time to work on today.

Title:

Lights! Camera! AXain!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm 
Mew

Remember, all entries need to be in by midnight tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:19 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

2nd entry. Sprited this time... and... credit to Spriter's Resource.

baw. I got the text colors mixed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Oh hey, so I've got an entry... I think I'll only have time for just this one this year. Unless I can come up with something and finish my homework in record time.

So, this is a direct reference to some PV comic... I forget which number.... Anywho, the last panel is all references to different musical characters. Kristine being from A Chorus Line, who "sings" the song Sing!... which is a song about how she could never really sing (she has trouble with the notes, they go all around her throat, it's a teriffying thing!) Madame Thenardier is from Les Miserables and is supposed to be the ugly and cruel inkeeper. Carlotta is from The Phantom of the Opera and is an obnoxious priss-face. Yuppie scum is in reference to RENT, where they all call Benny the yuppie scum after he sold out. And, in the comment in the bottom, Eponine is my favourite character from Les Miserables, and Young Cosette is typically played by like a 10 year old, so I hope I could sing better than that :P

Oh, and, as you can see, I finished the May sprite! Not too happy with the body, but the hair turned out better than expeceted. Whee!

Gotta love those incredible MS paint effects...... POW

Edit: So Imageshack resized... and I am quite cross with it... I'll fix this, give me a moment.

Edit edit: Fixed

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm 
Pokémon Master

Ah, my very last entry for the whole contest. Between the three I made, this one wasn't my favorite, but it was all just for fun and I hope everyone had a fun time participating.

Alas:

PV News Edition #1: Internet Memes

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yay, I had no computer access today, which means no spriting... so, I drew up some 4komas in class instead! Read top to bottom, two separate comics. Sorry for crappy handwriting; I didn't digitally edit these at all, they're 100% drawn in Health Class, scanned, and Photobucket'd. Also I did all the text last and by that time my pen was dying...

Image Image

I guess Loincloth!Brendan wouldn't really have worked in sprite form anyway, huh? I am very sorry for potential brain hurting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:56 pm 
Mew

Is the Grass Kid quoting Fate/Stay Night in that end of that first panel of Daily Life? Anyway, thanks for all the great comics, guys! And the winners are...

First Prize: Tie! Silver and Silver (yes, his strips tied each other)
Second Prize: Tie! Saber and Puyon (for her comic about Brendan's aim)
Third Prize: Tie! Metal (for the comic about Xain getting lost) and Puyon (for her 8-Bit Brendan comic)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Hooray, I won! Twice! And yeah that was an Unlimited Blade Works reference. Glad you liked them!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:27 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Does that mean that Silver got 100 points? Or just 50? And does that mean I got 70 or 35?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:53 pm 
Pokémon Master

Also, Josiah, will you be posting our guest comics onto the "Extras" page on the PV website? Just wondering.

P.S. My favorite comic of all the one's posted was Silver's "Daily Life of Grass Kid."

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 pm 
Mew

Silver got 100 points and Puyon got 70.

The guest comics will go up on PV, but not right away. I'm going to save them for the next time I run through my buffer and don't have time to make any new comics. That way, I'll still have something to post (unlike that one week when I was in Japan).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]