It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 am 
Mew

Since the idea of a PV musical got so much interest, and it would be fun, I may try doing some songs and flash movies later this year when/if I have more free time. But I certainly couldn't do all the voices myself so that's where this challenge comes in.

Pick a character you would like to voice in a PV musical. Next, record yourself (either audio only or video, doesn't matter) doing some lines for that character. You can always read some of their dialogue from PV but if you think you can write an appropriate monologue for your character feel free to give it a try. Finally, put a link to your recording here. If you think you can sound suitably different, multiple entries are allowed. Entries will be judged primarily on how well they fit the character in question, though if someone writes an original monologue that is both amusing and fits the character very well, that's a big plus.
First Prize: 30 Points
Second Prize: 20 Points
Third Prize: 10 Points

You have through Tuesday (the 15th) to post your entries.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:04 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Oh cool, I'm just finishing up with Laramie Project where, guess what, we had to play different characters! And, therefore, I've been working on several different voices... though I think my Texas accent is no good here :P

I'll get to this eventually... mad busy right now, don't have enough hours in the day as it is. SATs on Saturday, and all.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Right now is the time I could seriously use a mic... stupid laptop, why can't you have a built in microphone?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 pm 
Pokémon Legend

If you have Rock Band, you can take the USB mic from that and plug it into your laptop :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

No Rock Band, but I know Colly has a Mic. I'm sure you could borrow hers... by which I mean, I am willing to use my powers of manipulation over her delicate female mind to ensure that she lends it to you, for the sake of Pebble Version.

...By which I mean, I'll ask her politely. Which will most likely result in me being manipulated in some way. But it's ok! I'll do it for you, Puyon! Because it's for Pebble version!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 pm 
Gym Leader

A question. Several actually.

1. When you say a voice that fits the character, does that also include a voice that is so contrary to the character's image and terrible that it is borderline comical? And by borderline comical I mean "Oh god, that was the worth thing I ever heard, there must be something wrong with that guy, but I feel so bad because it seems like this guy really tried and thought he was good that I should at least give him some pity points."
2. When you say a monologue that fits the character, does that also include a completely unrealistic monologue that contrasts the character in every way humanly possibly but is read in such a serious and appropriate voice that it is comical in its own way? And by comical in its own way, I mean "Oh god this is so awkward I can barely stand to hear the entire thing, is this guy trying to be funny because it's not working, oh god make it stop, I'll give you some points, just make it stop."
3. Can we make multiple entries of the same character reading different original monologues or would that just contribute to increasing your chances of winning a place with that one character?
4. If two people are really good at reading one character, could they both win one place or is only one person allowed to place with that specific character?

All I can think of now.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:17 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Ohwhatdoyouknow, Colly does have a mic. Thanks for your polite question asking with a twist of manipulation, Silver. Everything is fine as long as it for the sake of Pebble Version...! ...As long as you say so, I guess it's okay to agree.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 am 
Pokémon Master

Saber Knight wrote:
If you have Rock Band, you can take the USB mic from that and plug it into your laptop :)
So does High School Musical: Sing It!
...I've said too much.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 am 
Mew

Phonox wrote:
A question. Several actually.

1. When you say a voice that fits the character, does that also include a voice that is so contrary to the character's image and terrible that it is borderline comical? And by borderline comical I mean "Oh god, that was the worth thing I ever heard, there must be something wrong with that guy, but I feel so bad because it seems like this guy really tried and thought he was good that I should at least give him some pity points."
2. When you say a monologue that fits the character, does that also include a completely unrealistic monologue that contrasts the character in every way humanly possibly but is read in such a serious and appropriate voice that it is comical in its own way? And by comical in its own way, I mean "Oh god this is so awkward I can barely stand to hear the entire thing, is this guy trying to be funny because it's not working, oh god make it stop, I'll give you some points, just make it stop."
3. Can we make multiple entries of the same character reading different original monologues or would that just contribute to increasing your chances of winning a place with that one character?
4. If two people are really good at reading one character, could they both win one place or is only one person allowed to place with that specific character?

All I can think of now.

1. Not really what I have in mind. Though if you want to give something like that a try there's always the chance I like it.
2. Ditto.
3. I allow that but you can only win one prize per character.
4. If two people do the same character and are both really good they could both potentially win prizes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Okay, like this one wasn't predictable or anything.

I could write the monolouge out here if you'd like... but I'm too lazy to pull it up right now, and I presume you can understand what I'm saying in my whiny-obnoxious-5-year-old-style-voice.

And then there's this one

I don't even know what's going on my voice here. It changes like 3 times throughout it... I needed to take more time to get into the voice to actually find what it was... but I was too lazy to do that and just rushed into it. Eh, whatever :P Again, original monolouge, too lazy to write it up, will do so if asked and you can't understand my crazy voice... yadda yadda.

And I apologize for all pronounciation of b's and p's because mics don't like those very much.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:38 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

.......Saber beat me..... to the two characters I had planned to do.... .... So I ended up with may, who isn't bad, but my voice sure sounds odd in a mic. http://kiwi6.com/file/3b9jv5s2nt

Last edited by Puyon on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 pm 
Pokémon Master

I'll e-mail my entry to Josiah. I know I'll lose, though.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Ahhh, sorry, Puyon, you should have done them anyways :(

I'm not sure why I decided to do this one, it was totally random, and I don't even like it that much. I guess I'll post it anyway, though.

And I did a May one, too... Haven't listened to yours yet, Puyon, but I'll have to compare and contrast :P

And then there's this little abomination.

Yeaaaaah, had fun with this challenge... wanted to do more, but... not enough time. Oh well!

Oh, and, all original monlouges, if that wasn't obvious.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:18 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Yeah, but if I had done those two, then I would feel unoriginal. Even what you said sounded similar to what I planned.

...Your voice fits better for May's. I still have a little kid voice :V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 am 
Mew

Sorry it took so long to announce the winners but you guys know why I haven't had time until now. So, without further ado...

First Place: Saber Knight for May
Second Place: Saber Knight for The Grass Kid
Third Place: Saber Knight for Torchic

Yeah, Saber pretty much dominated. As far as the other entries... Metal's wasn't too bad, though I personally never imagined Xain with voice that deep and mature. And Puyon's... I actually couldn't get hers to load despite multiple tries. If it ends up working again in the next day or two, and I like it, she could potentially tie for second or third place though.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]