It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:10 am 
Mew

It's time to bring about the close of the year (or at least the time leading up to the close of the year) with a bang! Or maybe a ewumph. It's the 2010 Week of Randomness!!!

Rules
1. The event will run from Sunday Dec 5th - Saturday Dec 11th (US Mountain Standard Time, which is the default time setting on the forums).
2. Every single day of the week will be different. Details for each day will be posted in the schedule at least a couple days ahead of time so keep checking this post.
3. There is no need to "enter", if you post during the duration of the event you're automatically entered.
4. You will be judged each day based on how well your posts comply to that day's rules.
5. Quality of posts and number of posts will also be taken into account (the higher the quality of your posts and the more posts you make the better, assuming they follow that day's rules).
6. Each day people will be awarded first, second, and third place for that day and each of those three people will be awarded points. Whoever has the most posts at the end of the week wins. However, you will not be told who won each day until after the week is over.
7. To avoid screwing things up, the daily rules do not apply to RP posts unless specifically noted. Following the daily rules in games is good, but only so long as you don't break the rules of the game itself.

Schedule
Sunday the 5th: Ah my darling, I feel that destiny must have brought us together at this time and place so that here, under this starry sky, I can profess my undying love for Talk Like a Romance Novel Character Day.
Monday the 6th: Listen closely, class. Today's assignment is to go to the Pebble Version Forums and participate in The Week of Randomness by acting as if you're teaching a lesson in each and every post. Your work is due by the end of the day.
Tuesday the 7th:
There once was a forum called Pebble
With an event that made members tremble
On that random day
Witty lymericks they say
Everyone's speech had to resemble

Wednesday the 8th: They got me! Before I die I have to tell you that today is Pass on an Important Message with Your Dying Breath D- urk...
Thursday the 9th: This day might be Be Perfectly Nuetral About Everything Day, or it might not.
Friday the 10th: *Mimes being in an invisible box then puts hands over mouth, indicating that today is Mime Instead of Speaking Day.*
Saturday the 11th: SUPER COMBO MIX UP DAY!!! On this day you can use either of the following combo themes. Note that you're allowed to switch themes between, but NOT in the middle of, posts.
Option 1: Be a dying romance novel character who speaks only in lymericks.
Option 2: Mime teaching a perfectly neutral class.

Prizes
1st Prize: Award Image, Special Blooper Reel Strip
2nd Prize: Award Image, Cameo in Winner's Blooper Reel Strip
3rd Prize: Award Image

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:10 pm 
Pokémon Master

My love for this week has been growing stronger with each passing year, and I shall not let this beautiful prize pass me once again. I will pour my heart into this week, and will not be distracted by the other...

ah, screw this. I can't write like that,.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

O Josiah, my dear Josiah. I find it so very lovely you have begun such an amazing week to celebrate this. Lets make this Week of Randomness, rather, delightful, with a cup of tea, shall we?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:46 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Oh, it is a tragedy that, for so long, I was kept apart from the forums on this day of days! But we are here together, after so long... and absense does make the heart grow fonder, truely. It matters not what may have occured... we are together now. Forever. Until I have to go to bed, that is. But each moment spent together shall be an eternity, and I shall make up for the long hours in agony I spent separated from you, my beloved forums...

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Why, why must this first day draw to a close so soon?! I Was just staring to appreciate the wonders to behold in this lovely way of speaking. Must I cease my eloquent phrases from forming when the second day arrives? Truly I am blessed to have found you romantic speech, and also cursed to have to let you go so soon. It seems our love was never meant to be and our parting is inevitable. May I kiss your cheek one final time as you pass me in the moonlight? Thank you, my darling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Thy love will always be there when my heart bleeds and thee will understand thou hast canst do without thee. For thy is thy love for thee that I shall not fall in thus depths of my heart but in the midst of your love for thee. Just as the moon sets on the shores of thy river, that our love will forever last in time and space.

Yet we all need to learn a lessen from yesterdays stories of love and honor for each other, and that we teach others that have no clue on what we are saying will understand in due time. Thanks for this time to say things that will give others an insight on what we are doing this whole week.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm 
Random Trainer

Oh boy, I've got my work cut out for me this week if I plan to post one song a day in the favorite song lyrics thread while somehow matching the daily themes... /goes to rummage through iTunes library for a song about teaching

No, I don't know if that's even possible, but I'll try. >>'

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Child, watch your language in this classroom or you will be in a corner with your nose on the wall. Now trying to find a song in here, I should take your iPod or any other mobile device and you wouldn't get it back till later today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm 
Mew

Pay attention everyone! The theme for Wednesday has been announced. Be sure to take notes as you will be tested on this later.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm 
Mew

Attention you forum member
For this is a day to remember
Speak is lymerics this day
And read about Thursday's theme you may
On this glorious day in December

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 am 
Blaziken Level 100

I know that I have taught everything from one day to the next, but can you cut my head off just because the pain is too great and half my body is already cut off. Please one last thing, can you tell my wife I love h....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 am 
Gym Leader

Please.... My dying wish.... For people to post in the RP section.... Especially Saber Knight.... Please.... Respect my final reque- *Dies due to harpoon in chest*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 am 
Blaziken Level 100

I want Joseph to kill me at least, but no this killer does it for me anyway. Please respe....(Gets head cut off and used for a ball at a bowling alley ring)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 am 
Articuno

Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of ROM updates.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
Mew

The lights are fading! Everything is going dark! Please remember that Friday's theme is- Ugh...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next