It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 am 
Gym Leader

Sharpen thy tongue, Swordmaster, for I challenge thee to a duel!

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:04 pm 
Mew

Challenge accepted!

"You really think a worm like you can defeat me?"

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Gym Leader

You're the apple, you tell me.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Yeah, that works.

Swordmaster: 0
Phonox: 1

Watch out-I've been known to kill swordsmen with a single stroke!

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm 
Gym Leader

Judging from your swordsmanship, they must have died laughing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:41 pm 
Mew

Not bad, reminds me of a Monkey Island line...

Swordmaster: 0
Phonox: 2

"My baby brother could defeat you!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 pm 
Gym Leader

And yet you haven't even left a scratch!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 am 
Mew

Hmm... It's ok, but doesn't relate much to the insult and ok just isn't enough against the swordmaster. Point to the swordmaster!

Swordmaster: 1
Phonox: 2

"I don't even need my sword to defeat you!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am 
Gym Leader

"Yes, your breath alone will do just fine."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:45 pm 
Mew

Also similar to a Monkey Island retort. Point to Phonox!

Phonox: 3

"Who taught you how to fight? A lame monkey?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 pm 
Gym Leader

Now that is no way to speak about your mother!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:26 pm 
Mew

Another point to Phonox!

Phonox: 4

"You couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 pm 
Gym Leader

Oh, that is so cliché.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:10 am 
Mew

Yeah, it's a kinda cliche insult, but that retort is a bit too simple. It works in Money Island 3, but only because that's a high sea battle and it rhymes... For this, you should have expanded on it a bit. Anyway, point to the Swordmaster!

Swordmaster: 2
Phonox: 4

((Staying on theme...))

"You must get your retorts from the Big Book of Cliche Phrases."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 pm 
Gym Leader

With your overused insults, I thought it would be appropriate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next