It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Farewell
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
Pokémon Master

Completely the wrong place to put this in, as it's exactly the opposite of what the sub-forum's title says.

However, I didn't give a proper farewell before. So I'll post it here. I haven't died or anything, I just left Pebble Version for quite a while to move on to bigger and better things. A lot of traits and interests that defined me over a year ago may not apply to me anymore. Save for anime, which I sometimes do in my free time - which I'm now hugely in love with the shows Madoka (Homura is awesome, by the way), all of the Gundams, and Clannad. That and a lot of schoolwork, AP exams, college prep, new friends, and especially getting more involved in the community than ever.

But yes, as of today (and you can even include a year ago), I have no more business on this site. I lost my interest in Pokemon and a lot of otaku-related things. The reasoning to why I left without even saying a word was for a number of purposes. It applied to a multitude of communities, each for their own reason. I don't feel anymore that websites such as forums really fit to my interests anymore. I've broadened my own niche to match that of several more over the past many years, and as a result my like for online communities withered away.

I've said my peace. God bless all of you, and hope you all have great lives ahead of you. To those whom I weren't fond of or, on that note, were displeased with my presence (especially in my first years on this site) - I'll have you know that I hold no more ill feelings against any of you. Farewell.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Farewell
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am 
Mew

Thanks for saying goodbye, though I'm sorry to hear you won't be returning.

On a side note, a lack of free time is understandable, as are changing interests, but you should realize that a lot of forums and the like aren't limited to a tiny niche or anything like that. Sure these are the forums for a Pokémon web comic, but the majority of the posts we make aren't about PV or even Pokémon in general. They're just a place for use to hang out, talk about whatever, play some games and the like.

Anyway though, good luck with exams and all the other stuff you're doing. We'll miss you.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:05 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, like Josiah said, I think you're missing the point. We haven't really talked about any of that stuff in ages. The only threads that actually see activity are stuff in Game Time like Mafia and general threads like Saying Hi... wherein we mostly talk about the current goings-on in our life and why we're not posting.

But hey, I appreciate the message. Most people just kind of wander off and forget about us. So a formal farewell is kind of a nice touch.

(You should like the Homura page on facebook. This one! I control it. Also, Colly's in charge of this Kyubey. Not that we really do much with them)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:31 am 
Pokémon Champion

Sorry to see ya go. It was nice and fun having you around.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:38 am 
Random Trainer

I'll make sure to keep in touch through email or Facebook. Take care my friend!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]