It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Well....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 pm 
Mew

Whoa, hey Simeon! Great to see you!

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 am 
Gym Leader

Greetings Stevenson, and Simeon too. ^_^ *hugs* Its been so long and is all magical and sparkly.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 am 
Pokémon Legend

Simeon made his appearance in Kaida intro thread? Talk about a thunder stealer.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Actually in Stevenson's first I think? I suppose I'm not sure.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
Pokémon Master

With all these people coming back, there's one other person I want to see. Phonox. Whatever happened to that guy?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Presumably the same thing that always happens--things get too busy to check the forum, and then it stops being a priority.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

...That happens to people?

Nah, but seriously, I imagine it's usually a combination of getting busier and losing interest. I mean, it's nice to belong to a community, but isn't it more interesting when you're just joining a new one? Besides, it's sort of uncomfortable when people online know you too well. So there's just less and less incentive to visit, especially when you're busy with other things, and then it seems hard to come back after you've been away for too long. Because you're not really going back to a place you're familiar with - how many of the members you knew will still be there? - but it's not really joining a new community either. And besides that, do you know how many webcomic communities just like this one totally die off in time? Usually it only happens if the comic stops updating, but not always. People don't have anything to say, so they don't post, the admin notices and shuts the place down. What's the point in trying to go back when there may be nothing left? And that's just kind of sad.

...This all coming from the guy who hasn't been away for more than a week in eight years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:29 pm 
Mew

I'm rather happy that the forums have remained active for so long, and that we have people who have stayed for as long as they have. Especially considering PV isn't one of the super popular web comics with thousands of visitors per day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 am 
Pokémon Champion

*peeks in*

Man, this month busyer then expected so hi everyone comming back.

Wish I had more time to participate this year...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:29 pm 
Gym Leader

The original Duke of the Forums is back! The contest can officially start! Image (Whoops. I chopped off part of the ear...)

It's nice to see people have stuck around and people who disappear occasionally come back. Also, hi Stevenson! And... Woah. That's Simeon...

I'm not going to lie. I miss you all.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Hey, woah, hey, cool guy, hey. Cool guy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:37 pm 
Mew

Poik! You're a little late for KotF, but it's great to see you!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm 
Random Trainer

Its nice to see everyone again! ;-)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2