It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 am 
Pokémon Master

So I figured that I should make a proper introduction/come back/status update. I'm at Rhodes College right now and I'm planning on majoring in Biology. Rhodes is a liberal arts college and is the closest any college can get to looking like Hogwarts(hint-hint Saber). I am taking Biology, Intro to International Relations, Applied Calculus, and Religious Studies, which is mandatory. I'm also thinking about joining a frat next semester, but don't worry, I'll still be the same old Giga-gar.

If anyone can update me on a few things of what happend, I'd be really thankful.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 am 
Pokémon Master

Awesome, Gar. Good luck!

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:55 pm 
Mew

Hey, welcome back! I've been wondering where you were. Good luck with college. Personally, I'd steer clear of the frats and just find a good club or two but anyway, glad you're doing well.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:24 pm 
Pokémon Master

Josiah wrote:
Hey, welcome back! I've been wondering where you were. Good luck with college. Personally, I'd steer clear of the frats and just find a good club or two but anyway, glad you're doing well.

Actually, the fraternities over here have pretty high standards, with the exception of a couple. The one I'm looking at right now i very laid back but has one of the highest collective GPAs on campus. They even outright state that they don't haze. I'll still be careful though.

Also, I'm part of the Quidditch team. I am now the most awesome person on the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:42 pm 
Mew

Or the dorkiest, depending on how you look at it :-P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 am 
Egg

Best of luck. My own college days are past me - I finished my Bachelor's in applied math in 2006 and my Master's in education this year. May you find the idea that college degrees and resumes translate to job opportunities less false than I have.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:07 am 
Pokémon Master

the_final_task82 wrote:
Best of luck. My own college days are past me - I finished my Bachelor's in applied math...

I take it that you've had a few run ins with Mathmatica, right? I never want to see that...monster again for as long as I live.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:35 pm 
Egg

Giga-Gar wrote:
the_final_task82 wrote:
Best of luck. My own college days are past me - I finished my Bachelor's in applied math...

I take it that you've had a few run ins with Mathmatica, right? I never want to see that...monster again for as long as I live.

I've actually never heard of it. I assume it's one of those programs they make you use in Numerical Analysis, since that's the only course I ever took that involved computer assistance, but quite honestly I gave up on even trying in that course about a third of the way into the semester. It's hard to learn from a man who teaches in O(n) notation and assumes everyone's encountered it before. Not to mention who thinks you can explain the "bisection method" with "if f x zero x m less than zero then keep x zero x m for next iteration the same process continue the stop criterion is satisfies." Yes, I did write down and memorize that. I wanted to submit it to Engrish.com but never did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:38 pm 
Pokémon Master

I have to use it for applied calc. It's pretty useful for doing complicated calculations, but it's a *bleep* to set the problem up. I actualy have an exam for that comming up in about an hour and a half. I don't get most of it. I'm screwed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm 
Combusken

Hey Gar! Finally back, I see~

I'd love to fill you in, but I haven't been around much myself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:08 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

No, no, Gar is the most awesome person on the forum, no contest. Playing Quidditch does not make you a dork.

...Out of curiosity, how does it work? On second thought, no... don't tell me. I... I don't want to ruin the magic.

Anyway, have fun in college. I don't know anything about fraternities, but don't become a drunk-type college boy. You can't fly a broom while intoxicated!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:02 pm 
Mew

If the brooms actually fly than I completly agree with you. Otherwise I stand by my previous statement.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:09 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Is that all that matters to you, Josiah? Flying brooms? Are we judged not by our character and our actions, but by our flight potential on narrow sticks of sweeping?

It's ok, Gar. I know the truth. I know it's not all flying brooms and catching snitches. Quidditch... is in your heart.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:34 pm 
Pokémon Master

Welcome back, mate. Hope you have a good time at college.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:09 pm 
Pokémon Master

Silver wrote:
Is that all that matters to you, Josiah? Flying brooms? Are we judged not by our character and our actions, but by our flight potential on narrow sticks of sweeping?

It's ok, Gar. I know the truth. I know it's not all flying brooms and catching snitches. Quidditch... is in your heart.

Word.

Also, Quidditch isn't on flying brooms... yet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next